Netflix series: Locke and Key

With the news recently that it had been picked up by Netflix like 8 years after producing a pilot episode, I'm wondering if this is on anyone's radar?  The comic is really phenomenal, but I'm not sure how the tone or visual style will translate into a more mundane live-action production.  I haven't had a chance to see the pilot that didn't get picked up, but the trailer on youtube felt a bit off to me.  Anyway, it's a great comic so I'm looking forward to seeing it on screen.  (Although if you do want to read the comic you should know that the first issue has perhaps the most disturbing scene in the series, imo.) Joe HIll is also Steven King's son, but pointing that out at this point would probably earn me a deadpan, "God damn, that's right" from Amos.  Expanse joke.

Chinaski

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Locke & Key is one of my absolute favorites. I've been lucky enough to meet Joe Hill a handful of times. He is a class act. I am working on slowly but surely getting him to sign each of my Locke & Key hardcovers. 
    gguenotken haleFreddy
  • Locke & Key is one of my absolute favorites. I've been lucky enough to meet Joe Hill a handful of times. He is a class act. I am working on slowly but surely getting him to sign each of my Locke & Key hardcovers. 
    Nice!  I loaned a couple volumes to a friend I probably won't see again, but I still have the single issues!  If you dig Gabriel Rodriguez' art, too, I just started reading his current series, Sword of Ages, and it's looking very good so far.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Locke & Key is one of my absolute favorites. I've been lucky enough to meet Joe Hill a handful of times. He is a class act. I am working on slowly but surely getting him to sign each of my Locke & Key hardcovers. 
    The artwork alone...
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    I managed to get my hands on the screener for the 2011 series that wasn't picked up.  Not a bad watch.  Seemed like it would have fit better on the CW than Fox.  
    Freddy
  • I managed to get my hands on the screener for the 2011 series that wasn't picked up.  Not a bad watch.  Seemed like it would have fit better on the CW than Fox.  
    Yikes.  I'm glad you liked it, but that bit about CW does NOT sound like an endorsement to me, lol. 
    I imagine after this much time, they've had to completely re-cast and all that, so there must be a new pilot?  I don't know.  I'm confused and announcements like these are illusory to get excited about.  Don't get me started on that Scalped series that's supposed to maybe someday get made eventually perhaps.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Oh man, I would be on a Scalped series like white on rice!
  • Seems like a no-brainer, right? A few years back they had an all-native cast lined up that looked like they fit the characters well and everything.  Pilot was ordered by WGNAmerica.  And that's the last I heard of it.
  • Are you talking about comic anime series? Anyways, I am just waiting for s4 of Rick and Morty.