Walking Dead series finale

Do you guys think you might do a one-off when the series inevitably comes to an end?

Comments

• I've been to the future and they don't, but the LWJ&A question is already in queue.

http://forums.baldmove.com/discussion/4848/lwj-a-4-15-22#latest
    gguenotMurderbear
  • LordByLordBy Utah
    I’d wager that they’re going to bleed every penny out of this thing so it won’t end until 3-4yrs from now as they run it further into the ground, and it will just not be renewed so there won’t be any kind of satisfying end of the story.

#SAD
    MurderbearCantomic66
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I read yesterday that Lauren Cohan is leaving after her pay negotiations completely broke down, so with her and Andrew Lincoln gone, that finale may not be too far into the future. 
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    And Norman Reedus is about to sign a 20 million dollar deal to stay with the show. I don't blame him at all for getting paid but still more confused by AMC. Seems like Lauren Cohan was interested in sticking around. You couldn't find any money for her? Daryl has been one of the least interesting characters on that show for the last few years.
    DeeTravis
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Yeah, Daryl used to be everyone’s fave but he’s done basically nothing since the time he ate spaghetti with Aaron and his husband. 
    MurderbearTravisamhatch
  • God this is just awful. Amc just cares about money and that's it. @LordBy you are right about them getting everything from this show 
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    Honestly I’m very confused why AMC decided it was more worth their time to pay Reedus 20 million than to just pay Cohen normal wages. Like in the end they’re going to waste more money than they probably should have because they refused to pay a key actor what she was rightfully due until it was too late, but of course AMC has never made the correct decision as regards this show so why would they start now?
    NervousRhinoMurderbear
    Probably what will happen is there will be a brief uptick in viewer numbers because people will be curious how they sunset the main fucking character followed by a drop in the second half of the season where there will still be people curious to see if they can actually continue this show sans any character anyone actually gives a shit about, followed by another drop in Season 10 when everyone realizes that, no, in fact it’s just the same shitty show they’ve been watching for a few years but now helmed by a guy who’s last interesting character arc was 5 seasons ago. 
    edited June 5
    If they make it to a season 11 I believe we’ll see what kind of floor this show has, it started with around 4-5 million but I’d be willing to bet it can get a lot lower than that and I’m curious what kind of math eventually results in a show that even AMC can no longer justify airing. 
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    At this point in time after that got Awful season finally where Daryl and Maggie have this evil conspiracy to undermine Rick I really don’t care what happens to any of them. I already started finding myself watching the episodes days after they aired and now I’m pretty sure I’m not going to finish the series. 
  • I'm torn because I don't want to show support for the show BUT I can't just stop watching a TV show at this point.  It has been pretty close to complete garbage the past couple seasons but I am one of those people that still watch a show they started even after it turns horrible.  Is there a way to DVR it and not have it count towards their numbers?
    russkelly
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    I'm torn because I don't want to show support for the show BUT I can't just stop watching a TV show at this point.  It has been pretty close to complete garbage the past couple seasons but I am one of those people that still watch a show they started even after it turns horrible.  Is there a way to DVR it and not have it count towards their numbers?
    I am the same way. I take it personal that the show is is so bad. But I will watch every single episode till the show's end.
    Blusister
  • My plan is to watch s9 and at least 1 half season without rick and Maggie which looks like it might be 9a. If 9b is as bad as it probably will be ill see if 10 is announced as the last and if it isn't that might be it for me 
    russkelly
  • I hear you guys but without BM coverage I just can’t make myself go through the chore of watching this shit anymore. 

Trevschan2 is a YouTuber that breaks the episodes down quickly and effectively. I’ll just skip the show and use his coverage to keep up with the heart of the story and I’ll watch this ship go down from a safe distance. 

iMatty94
  • LordByLordBy Utah
    It’s less painful for me to read recaps after the episodes than to watch them. I might watch the big episode where the kill them off if the recap sounds interesting and if it doesn’t sound like they’re taking the worst possible route to the inevitable end, then I might watch a few.

They don’t get the benefit of the doubt anymore and I can read a recap in 5-10min rather than the time it takes to suffer through a Jadis/Michonne/Rick love triangle lasting 4eps or something. 
    iMatty94
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    It might be interesting to do a LiveWatch of any series finale sans context.  No promises, because I'm certainly not intending to keep up with it going forward.  I did hear that this season of Fear is not great. Gimple strikes again?
  • lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    I did hear that this season of Fear is not great. Gimple strikes again?
    Better than last few seasons of TWD but worse than s2 and s3 of FTWD so far.
  • I only watched the first episode but yeah it
    looked like his signature cheesy dialogue and poorly edited action scenes.  
  • It might be interesting to do a LiveWatch of any series finale sans context.  No promises, because I'm certainly not intending to keep up with it going forward.  I did hear that this season of Fear is not great. Gimple strikes again?
    Yeah, not great, but not horrible (IMO). They for sure seems to have been corralled into the “umbrella” as similar styles are being used between franchises. Personally I think they jumped too early on some storylines and the others have suffered. Hopefully it improves, but still nowhere near as drive a pick through my brain bad as TWD. 
  • It would be hilarious if J&A trolled everyone and they just podcasted the next season without warning and acted like nothing happened
    Murderbearmahduk
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I'm sorry but this made me laugh a bit too much...
    NervousRhinoLordByKingKobragguenotDoubleA_RonGiovannidavemcbiMatty94
  • edited June 6
    Watching Dead isn't truly over until A.Ron remembers to take it off the "current shows" section of the forum sidebar, pass it on.
  • @Murderbear they forgot his dumpster truck full of money. 
    Murderbear
  • lol at me binge watching the walking dead just to have another bald move podcast to listen to only to find out the newest season is where the coverage will end.

I don't like zombies but got interested cause I found play throughs of the tell tale games entertaining and now that I'm in season 6 of the show I prefer the tell tale games though they are just as flawed at times. 

Oh well at least it's a big back catalog with live watches and I've been enjoying the ride. 
  • Oh you’ve only barely scratched the surface of the shit show. Season 7 is where the real magic begins. 
    Murderbearlengmo
  • No matter how bad the episode is the podcast coverage is actually a lot of food for thought when A. Ron and Jim talk about how they would have fixed the plot or what story would have been more interesting to delve into.  I wonder if creating spec scripts is still a thing I'd love to see them make an attempt.
    mahduk