The Walking Dead Comics (SPOILERS)

2»

Comments

• @John_Nada Yeah, "We huddle together for warmth"? Totally WTF. 

I actually find those cover previews pretty spoilery at times, so I try to avoid them. 

Shit! You're right about May. I was hoping they'd stick to this 2-week schedule a little longer.
    John_Nada
  • John_NadaJohn_Nada California
    @AntManBee sorry about that. Made you look? Yes I thought they would do a double release too. Bumbed me out when they dropped back to one.
  • @John_Nada Ha! Yes you did. One thing I've been wondering about is how Carl will react when one of the male whisperers tries to rape Lydia again. It's bound to happen. He pretty much set it up that way. Now it's just a matter of how many months we have to wait.
    Raiyne
  • John_NadaJohn_Nada California
    edited April 2015
    @AntManBee Carl is seriously outnumbered. Its hard to say how that is going to go down.
    AntManBee
  • edited July 2015
    Double post. Sorry.
  • Oh wow. The comic is really heating up again.

Issue 144 was insane. This just finished another arc for the next trade issue and damn, did Kirkman just bring down a heavy hammer.

I really love how each major villain so different from each other. It keeps this world and the overall story super intriguing. The very slow crescendo to get to this point was really well crafted. Kudos to Kirkman.
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    Was at my local public library this morning. They had a copy of TWD compendium one and copy of compendium two. Vol one has issues 1 thru 48. Think how much that would cost if you had to buy all the trade paperback volumes at about 15 bucks a pop. Well I gots ta go and get my readin on.
  • @kingbee67 That's funny. Kirkman actually remarked in the letters section of this last issue about how this was a great way to end the third compendium. He said, "I love that there are readers who have set themselves up for four-year cliffhangers." What a dick.

But I'm sure by the time you're done with the first two, the third will be out.
    kingbee67
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    AntManBee said:

Oh wow. The comic is really heating up again.

Issue 144 was insane. This just finished another arc for the next trade issue and damn, did Kirkman just bring down a heavy hammer.

I really love how each major villain so different from each other. It keeps this world and the overall story super intriguing. The very slow crescendo to get to this point was really well crafted. Kudos to Kirkman.

Holy crap man! I just finished 144 and that's a way to leave a mark I tell you.

I'd love to know how in gods name she was able to get the drop on all those people.

Did she pied piper them to the fence posts? Decapitate on-site? If so, where are the bodies?

Why leave the hostages alive?

Either way, WOW...just wow.
  • I believe she was aware of the power structure (Rick, Andrea, Michonne) of the group and decided to send a message to the leadership and leaving them alive. That's how I read it. It's a good question.

And yeah, I figured she pied pipered them in a similar way she did to her first victim at the fair.

I'd be curious if Kirkman and Adlard would give us a panel in the next issue showing us all the headless bodies.
    ksa1001
    @AntManBee  Yes, me too. Great cliff hanger though.
  • @ksa1001 One thing I always found odd about the Alpha character was how she kept head perfectly bald. I mean she's the post-apocalyptic leader of a group who try to emulate animals in the wild. I would think she just lets her hair grow long.

It's not very consequential, but it always annoyed me a bit.

My head cannon says she has untreated alopecia. I think that satisfies me for now.
    @AntManBee HA!

I was wondering the same thing. Can't picture the razor in the mirror treatment.
    AntManBee
This discussion has been closed.