The Staircase on Netflix

So when I launched Netflix today I saw Netflix's the Staircase.  I already watched all parts on Sundance and the first two episodes I saw was pretty much everything that was already in the Sundance version, so is there any differences at all?  Because I remember hearing rumors forever ago that it was going to be brought back and caught up to where the case stands in current days, so I was wondering if this is it and maybe the first few episodes are just rehash?  

I guess it's worth the rewatch anyway as it's one of my favorite documentaries as Rudolph might be the greatest lawyer of all time making me root for him the whole way through despite thinking Peterson is guilty.

Comments

• Supposedly there are 3 new episodes that Netflix did as a follow up
  • edited June 9
    Definitely well worth the watch if you haven't seen it and don't know about the case, but being familiar with the outcome I don't know that I'll even watch the three new ones.  True crime isn't as compelling without the mystery.  And this is one of the best mysteries you'll find, with respect to the deceased.
    gguenotCecily
  • Just finished it.  I recall scenes from the original not being in it such as Peterson driving through Durham and talking about all the projects and stuff like that and it almost seems like Netflix is trying to recreate Making a Murderer somewhat by this edit almost trying to show him as innocent when I feel as though whether he did it or not isn't the point of the documentary as what I always took away from it was that a jury of peers clearly don't understand what reasonable doubt and burden of proof is, but still a great watch. 
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: I cannot understand what jurors don't understand about the concept of reasonable doubt. I can't. It's maddening. 

The prosecution presented the worst case I've seen in a court documentary, despite an obvious prejudice by the judge for allowing certain evidence to be presented, which proved nothing. Yet they convicted based on what I assume was just a gut feeling.

I assume that the state has someone school the juror on these concepts and what is expected from them, but perhaps not?