Flashback Fun Throwback Thread

MichelleMichelle California
I thought it might be fun to have a thread where we can all post pics of things we loved from the past.  Here's one that many here will like:

ChinaskiApril_May_JuneFrakkin T

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    edited June 10
    Every Sunday night.  :)

DeeMattyWeavesApril_May_JuneMurderbearTaraC73Frakkin TJoshuaHeter
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    can i throw a throwback commercial that always had my attention as a kid?
    MichelleTaraC73
    Chinaski said:
    can i throw a throwback commercial that always had my attention as a kid?
    Anything!
    well then..

cdriveMichelleMattyWeavesApril_May_Junehisdudeness915MurderbearTaraC73TravisJoshuaHeter
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I'm just gonna say mine: Skittles with lime flavored greens. Apparently they still sell them in Germany, which I only learned on the plane as I was leaving Germany. :cry:
    ChinaskiMichelleBrieanneTravis
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Michelle said:

Heck yeh. My favorites were  (1) Mr. Boogedy and (2) Fuzz Bucket 

ChinaskiMichelle
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited June 10
    Michelle said:

Saaaame. We had our bath first so we were always in our dressing gowns with our hair slicked back ready to go when it started. 
    MichelleTaraC73
    Dee said:
    Michelle said:

Saaaame. We had our bath first so we were always in our dressing gowns with our hair slicked back ready to go when it started. 
    Same here as well!  My sister and I always had dinner, then our baths, got into our nightgowns, brushed our teeth, then settled in the living room for this. Very fond memories!
    DeeTaraC73

JaimieT said:
    I'm just gonna say mine: Skittles with lime flavored greens. Apparently they still sell them in Germany, which I only learned on the plane as I was leaving Germany. :cry:
    Pssst...  https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B074F9VQJD/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1528598547&sr=8-1&keywords=lime+skittles&dpPl=1&dpID=51pM6hPRetL&ref=plSrch
    Travis
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    edited June 10
    October 1st, 1988 was a Saturday. I was five and had no concept of time, so I woke my mom up at six in the morning to ask if this was on yet. 

April_May_JuneHatorianhisdudeness915MichelleChinaskicdriveTravisNoel
  • April_May_JuneApril_May_June California
    I have to put in a word for my favorite show as a little girl - Wonder Woman!  I loved that show soooooo much, and she is still my favorite super hero.

And I loved the He-Man, and She-Ra cartoons!
    MichellecdriveTaraC73Travis
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Man so many choices. But I’d have to go with my Micro Machines Star Wars Toys. I had them all. The Endor set with the log trap with these tiny little strings. 

MichelleChinaskiTaraC73TravisFreddy
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited June 10
    A few more. 

Summer times Med with the slip n slid

Putting in 100 hours into FF7

Playing ghost in the graveyard and catching fireflies with the neighbourhood kids

“Texting” in high school

hisdudeness915MattyWeavesMichelleMurderbearChinaskicdriveNoel
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Most of my nostalgia rests in TV theme songs. They transport me instantly and I love it. Just a few of my go to faves!

MurderbearMattyWeavesMichelleChinaskicdriveTaraC73TravisHatorian

MichellecdriveTaraC73TravisHatorian

ChinaskiTaraC73TravisHatorian
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited June 11
    This feels like the right place to ask this. Does anyone but me on this planet remember Touche? It was a Swiss pudding that came in a carton. Did I totally invent this stuff in my head? I swear I loved it as a kid, but it's been totally wiped from the internet.

Also, Howard Jones' hair. Respect!

It's also kind of funny to have a nostalgia thread because I found out yesterday that of all of my old musical enjoyments that could be made fun of, apparently according to my wife having totally loved Good by Better Than Ezra back in the 90s is the bottom of that particular barrel. I wouldn't have guessed it, but that's where I receive the basket full of lotion and if I don't promptly return it I get the hose again.
    Michelle
    Hojo!  I used to loooove him!  That hair was epic.
    You know who he reminds me, looks-wise?  Dominic Monaghan.

Anyway - "Good" is a *great* song.  I'd never make fun of you for it. They were a reallly good band. I also liked their songs "Desperately Wanting" and "In the Blood".  Plus, it doesn't hurt that their lead singer was a hottie. :love: :grin:

Travis
    i often wondered what it would be like to throw a Slayer cassette into this little fella..

TravisMichellecdriveMattyWeaves
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
    every morning at 6am. we only had 2 tvs and one was in my parents room so i had to watch this in the living room with the volume low, but this was my child Soap Opera!

TaraC73
    D.A.R.Y.L. is on right now. STZFM channel 
    Chinaski
    Back when no one gave a second thought to lipsynching.

Chinaski
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited June 14
    This South Park bit isn't all that old, but I love how perfectly reminiscent of weird toys and toy commercials from my childhood. My buddy taped it when the episode first happened (hey it dates back to VHS being around for what it's worth) and I watched this and Alabama Man so many times and laughed like crazy.

Kind of like, remember the Pogo Ball? What a bizarre mess that was.
    ChinaskicdriveJaimieT
  • Chinaski said:
    well then..

It's amazing how epic they made that look. Everyone wanted crossfire (including me), even though it's essentially a really shitty version of air hockey. 
    Chinaski
    @Travis - dude! i JUST saw someone with a pogo ball a couple of weeks ago. my mind was a little blown.

@asmallcat - haha right? my best friend had one and it was a piece of crap. maybe dropping down on a hover board surrounded by lighting woulda made the experience better.
    Travis
    chewing gum never looked so fun!

hisdudeness915
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited June 16

Saturday Morning Anime on The Sci Fi Channel. Remember the first time I saw Lily C.A.T., and thought "holy shit! they were making shit like this when I was two!?"

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA

cdrive
    the last few days has been pretty hot and i've been craving ice cream. really wish these bad boys were still around..

Image result for wwf ice cream bar

Freddy
    calling 'POP - CORN' (or simply 767 - and any 4 numbers) to get the time. ''A the tone Pacific Standard time will be 6:31 and 20 seconds BEEP!'
    Michelle