Cobra Kai

2»

Comments

• CoryCory New Scotland
    kuman07 said:
    And really only the 1st is important, for the background of Daniel/Johnny. There are references to 2 and 3 as well. But I also feel like someone who has never seen the movies could still watch and get what is going on.
    I ave seen the first 3, but it's been years, decades for the 3rd one  maybe second as well. Probably 10 years since I last watched the original. 
    kuman07
  • I absolutely love this show, its my new obsession. I think the show leans into the 80s chessiness by design. Yes there’s some breakout performances  among the younger cast, but there are more than a few cringe worthy moments as well, which Imo is part of the show’s charm. It looks like the bad guy from KK2 will be in season 3 which reminded of this hilarious role he had in the 80s John Cusack classic Better of Dead https://youtu.be/qao4nkmR7Qs
    Dee
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    adobo1148 said:
    I absolutely love this show, its my new obsession. I think the show leans into the 80s chessiness by design. Yes there’s some breakout performances  among the younger cast, but there are more than a few cringe worthy moments as well, which Imo is part of the show’s charm. It looks like the bad guy from KK2 will be in season 3 which reminded of this hilarious role he had in the 80s John Cusack classic Better of Dead https://youtu.be/qao4nkmR7Qs
    haha damn! all these years and i never realized that the baddie from KK2 was one of the asian guys from better off dead! dude has range haha.
  • Yes ! Love this show . Binged the first season back when it first came out on youtube premium . I think season 2 is even better than season 1 , especially that fight in the last episode. Stingray adds big laughs to the show too
    kuman07
    mft9186 said:
    Yes ! Love this show . Binged the first season back when it first came out on youtube premium . I think season 2 is even better than season 1 , especially that fight in the last episode. Stingray adds big laughs to the show too
    funny, i felt the opposite. i didn't like Season 2 (certain things really bugged me) as much as 1, and was not a fan of that fight scene or Stingray at all. i'll still check out S3, i guess Daniel will be returning to Japan.
    here's the trailer for S3..

cdrivemajjam0770
  • Netflix bumped the drop date of S3 from January 8th to New Year’s Day 
    cdriveChinaski
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I found the show mostly fun and addictive. 
  • Still working through season 2 but I loved them showing Johnny using a computer (hilariously a Windows XP era Dell) for the first time ever. Of course he'd immediately Google "wet t-shirt contest" and get sucked into Q-anon like conspiracy theories.  
  • Definitely a fun show. I was pleasantly surprised because I saw the Youtube Red trailers when the first season came out and I thought it looked shitty.  I acknowledge that can be cheesy, but the show mostly knows that and doesn't pretend to be anything else.  Although I don't think this lends itself to Bald Move material, I am fully enjoying this on a surface and nostalgic level.

• SPOILERS!

The Kreese backstory in Vietnam made me think:  “Woah... is ‘Cobra Kai’ punching above its weight?”

But then the payoff is that in one of the final flashbacks, Kreese rescues Terry Silver, who pledges his life to him. How does Kreese ask for the favor to be returned? 

“You see, I’ve been training these suburban 16 year olds to terrorize the other suburban 16 year olds. Can you help me with that?”

This show knows exactly what it is... pure camp... and I am all in for it.

Peepsmajjam0770