E3 discussions

MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
Figured we could have a thread if anyone wants to talk about any news, announcements, etc. from this year's E3.

I'm really curious what Microsoft will be announcing this year. It has been a little rough as of late for the Xbox One and they could use a few good games/exclusives/whatever.
JaimieT

Comments

• MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    I'm interested in this new Halo game and very interested in Fallout 76.

So far so good.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited June 10
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice looks like Tenchu Dark Souls! I can't wait!!
    DaveyMac
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited June 10
    Cyberpunk 2077.  By the Witcher people.

I'm a sucker for cyberpunk, especially because the creator of the classic Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop game, Mike Pondsmith, is involved.  
    MurderbearDaveyMac

I'm a sucker for cyberpunk, especially because the creator of the classic Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop game, Mike Pondsmith, is involved.  

Holy Shit that game looks incredible! Witcher 3 is still one of my most favorite game of all time. So I am very interested to see what this team does!
    kevinriles
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    Yeah, the cool thing is I know that the underlying property was really well done from a story and lore perspective, so with a good adaption this game should really be good.

Holy Shit that game looks incredible! Witcher 3 is still one of my most favorite game of all time. So I am very interested to see what this team does!

• Still waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3. Now I’m hearing maybe a Jan. Release?
    @seanray During the Xbox conference they listed it as January 29th.
    seanray
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited June 11
    I can’t believe I’ve been watching this Bethesda program for 50 minuets. These guys make a lot of games. 

They're saving Fallout 76 till the end. 

Elder Scrolls on mobile, free? Weird.
    I'm suddenly a lot less interested in Fallout 76. I know I'm in the minority, but I don't really like online based games.

My mic that came with my Xbox one is still in its plastic, somewhere in my closet.
  • I'm suddenly a lot less interested in Fallout 76. I know I'm in the minority, but I don't really like online based games.

My mic that came with my Xbox one is still in its plastic, somewhere in my closet.
    I've only seen the trailer. What is the online component going to be? I assumed they were going for a New Vegas thing; same engine more story.
    It's apparently going to be an MO where a dozen or so people are on a server, instead of it being an MMO.

They mentioned you can play solo, but it would be rather difficult and it looks like you would still be sharing the world with other people. 

I guess it could be too early to assume anything, but it's definitely not going to be a single player game like the previous few Fallout games.
    johnnytruant
  • It's apparently going to be an MO where a dozen or so people are on a server, instead of it being an MMO.

They mentioned you can play solo, but it would be rather difficult and it looks like you would still be sharing the world with other people. 

I guess it could be too early to assume anything, but it's definitely not going to be a single player game like the previous few Fallout games.
    Damn, I had hoped it was just rumors. I guess we'll see. I never bothered with Elders Scrolls Online, seems like this might be the Fallout version.
    Yeah, I'd say it's just ESO in the Fallout universe. I am intrigued by being able to nuke other players and enemies though. That's kinda cool. Otherwise, yeah, not really my thing.
  • Did you hear that sound? That was the sound of my boner going down as I read that Fallout was going to multiplayer based. 
    Murderbearhisdudeness915russkellyMajorMalfunctionchrisk
  • THE DIVISION 2. 
  • Dummy said:
    Did you hear that sound? That was the sound of my boner going down as I read that Fallout was going to multiplayer based. 
    We should have known they weren't serious when they didn't spring for the John Denver version of Country Roads.
    DummyCapeGabe
  • ShumShum Utah
    Very excited about Cyperpunk 2077 and I almost lost it when Bethesda announced they are doing Starfield AND Elder Scrolls 6!!  Hopefully we don't have to wait too long, but I also want them to do these right.
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice looks like Tenchu Dark Souls! I can't wait!!
    I’m so excited for this! And as much as I love Bloodborne, I’m glad this didn’t turn out to be Bloodborne 2. 
    Murderbear
  • I'm interested in this new Halo game and very interested in Fallout 76.

So far so good.
    Halo has been my go to game since it first came out so naturally I'm excited for the new Halo game.  Although they didn't release anything other than a teaser trailer that it's being worked on it worked and got me excited for it.  

Also Cyberpunk 2077 looks like it will be awesome.  Definitely looking forward to that as well.  
  • kevinrileskevinriles New Jersey
    Can we get a baldmove livestream of the Sony playstation event. I'd like to see some reactions/ discussion from you two on the upcoming titles @Jim
    @A_Ron_Hubbard

russkelly

Holy shit cyberpunk is from the witcher people. It's going to be lit
    Murderbear
  • I'm suddenly a lot less interested in Fallout 76. I know I'm in the minority, but I don't really like online based games.

I think I'm in your minority.

I really enjoyed playing Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas and even Fallout 4 all by myself. Never once did I think "This would be so much better if it was multi-player." Co-op maybe. But with Fallout 76 you'll get to play with FARTFACE2000 and wAtsURcUpSiZ. Can't wait. It would be nice to know you can set aside an instance for yourself or you and your friends.
    MattyWeavesNervousRhino
    I would be totally fine building my own lone wolf settlement like I'm in Cast Away or I am Legend. But I get the strong feeling someone can come along and blow the whole thing up and kill me.

Ubisoft had their conference and I'm 100% all in on Skull and Bones. Blackflag is one my top five games of this generation and from what I gather the same people are working on this.

I am sadly done with Assassins Creed. I really disliked the combat change in Origins. I didn't feel like an Assassin at all, which I guess was the point. This new one looks beautiful but with the same fighting system, I think it will be a while before I play an AC game again.
    Did anyone understand the death stranding video with norman reedus? All I know is that I wanna see baldmove play it
    I'm a little behind, just watched the Last of Us 2 trailer....wow. The animation and fluidity of that game looks incredible!
    kevinriles
    I'm a little behind, just watched the Last of Us 2 trailer....wow. The animation and fluidity of that game looks incredible!
    Bro see I agree with you now, that game looms fucki g great but WHERE THE FUCK IS JOEL LOL
  • ShumShum Utah
    Yeah, very excited for Last of Us 2 and Spiderman. That Japanese samurai game looks really interesting too.
    Murderbear
  • Last of Us is easily my favorite cinematic story in gaming. I was gonna watch the trailer for 2, but saw it was like 12 minutes long and I kind of would rather just wait for the game to come out and go into it blind.
  • DaveyMac said:
    Last of Us is easily my favorite cinematic story in gaming. I was gonna watch the trailer for 2, but saw it was like 12 minutes long and I kind of would rather just wait for the game to come out and go into it blind.
    Ever since the Xbox came out I've always been an Xbox guy largely thanks to Halo but there are a couple games out there that have almost convinced me to buy a PS4.  The Last of Us is one of them.  It looks so damn good and I wish one of my close friends had a PS4 so I could borrow it just to play that and God of War.  
    DaveyMac