Returning for a 4th season!

I wasn't sure if Noah Hawley would bring the show back for a 4th, but it turns out he has plans to in about a year and a half. Any speculation for what it could be about? Any dream casting suggestions? Do you not want another season?

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/news/a859161/fargo-season-4-production-start-date-2019/

KingKobraFlukes

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    The first three seasons have all been really good, so I would love another season, but am disappointed that it's so far off.  2020?  Come on.  I'm afraid the loyal fans will start to drop off from having to wait so long.
  • Chris Rock cast for season 4! And looks like it's going to be another period piece:

Season four of Fargo is set in 1950, at the end of two American migrations — that of Southern Europeans from countries like Italy, who came to the U.S. at the turn of the last century and settled in northern cities like New York and Chicago — and African-Americans who left the South in great numbers to escape Jim Crow and moved to those same cities — you saw a collision of outsiders, all fighting for a piece of the American dream. In Kansas City, Missouri, two criminal syndicates have struck an uneasy peace. One Italian, one African-American. Together they control an alternate economy — that of exploitation, graft and drugs. This too is the history of America. To cement their peace, the heads of both families have traded their eldest sons."

Perhaps it could have ties to season 2, since that involved a Kansas City crime syndicate?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/chris-rock-star-fargo-season-4-at-fx-1132056

UnderwoodTravisJovial_FalconNoelKingKobraChinaskiJoshuaHeterElisaGrahamMichelleand 2 others.
  • Well, the casting doesn't make sense, but they haven't had a bad season yet. Hopefully the story will be engaging enough that I won't see Rock's bad acting. 
    Dee
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I’m pulling for Chris Rock
    ElisaMichelle
  • Sounds like it could feature Ol'Pappy Milligan.
    MrXElisaCretanBull
  • Dummy said:
    Well, the casting doesn't make sense, but they haven't had a bad season yet. Hopefully the story will be engaging enough that I won't see Rock's bad acting. 
    I think the same could be said of Jim Carrey before he started serious roles. While not A list there are a few good ones in there. 
    Michelle
  • KingKobra said:
    Dummy said:
    Well, the casting doesn't make sense, but they haven't had a bad season yet. Hopefully the story will be engaging enough that I won't see Rock's bad acting. 
    I think the same could be said of Jim Carrey before he started serious roles. While not A list there are a few good ones in there. 
    I think you're right with Jim Carrey, but I don't think Chris Rock was even good in his comedy roles. I would describe Chris Rock's acting in everything i've seen him in as barely passable. Meanwhile, Jim Carrey was such a good comedic actor that you almost couldn't see him as anything other than Ace Ventura or The Mask. Chris Rock hasn't had a role where I thought that only he could play it, so I'm a little worried that he won't be able to pull it off. Now his stand up act is something different. "Bring the Pain" is easily in my top 5 favorite stand up acts and all his others are awesome. 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    played a pretty great crackhead in New Jack City. oh poor poor Pookie.

it's an interesting choice,  but considering how much i enjoyed S1-3 i'm  def open to whatever Hawley has in mind. i'll be tuning in.

ElisaMichelleKingKobra
    I'm intrigued to see if he can pull off something uber dramatic.  Hawley, I think, does a good job at pulling the performance out of the actor so I am hesitantly confident, but we'll see,  
  • GrahamGraham Grand Rapids, MI
    > Littlefield also told us that season 4 would go into production during fall 2019.

The wait is long but the hype is real
    Elisa
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    Pretty excited it’s taking place in my hometown of KC. Lot of interesting history here. Intrigued to see how it will be included/played out on the show.
    NoelElisa
    Graham said:
    > Littlefield also told us that season 4 would go into production during fall 2019.

The wait is long but the hype is real

I try to be pretty patient, but ughhhhh, this means we won't see it until spring of 2020.  That's just under two years.  How do they expect to keep up the fanbase with this long of a hiatus???
    DummyDee
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    kuman07 said:
    Pretty excited it’s taking place in my hometown of KC. Lot of interesting history here. Intrigued to see how it will be included/played out on the show.
    Been a couple of times, had lots of fun. One of my really good friends used to live in Westport and we had a blast. 
    kuman07
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    @Noel Nice. That would be my choice to take someone out for the night who hadn’t been to KC before. Lot of history in the Westport area too.
    Noel
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Dummy said:
    Yeah, he is very one note, and it’s not a good note. :-/