311 - Fallen World

Writer: Dan Nowak
Director: Jennifer Phang
Cinematographer: Ray Duman
Editor: Roderick Deogrades

Comments

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Immediate podcast tonight, so excited! They got a screener.
    Alkaid13Flukes
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    Nice. Weird how haphazard that process seems. 
    edited June 20
    This Episode was originally titled “Objects in Motion” which is both highly relevant and darkly humorous. 
    edited June 20
    Got it. Where did I get a 6 from????
    Another weird inconsistency, now suddenly the wiki has started listing the correct credits ahead of time. 
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    I was on a plane for 7 hours between Sunday and Monday. I'm now officially ahead of the show and closing in on the end of book 3.

I am definitely no less excited to see the show this week.
  • So they're doing a double episode season finale next week? I wonder if the guys got a screener for both. Also, I just checked this, and there are seemingly big plot spoilers in the second episode description, so I would avoid that if you care.
    ElisaJaimieT
  • I think this is the third week in a row I have to say that Drummer and Ashford are just the best. And Tilly saying "in a way, it's your fault..."was epic. She must have been reading the forums.
    ElisaFlukesrkcrawfDemicJaimieT
  • anyone else whoop out loud when Anna stunned Clarissa in the back or just me?
    rkcrawfJaimieT
  • @alexander.klassen I was actually surprised at how well done Tilly's performance was. That could not have been easy to do, strapped up in the air like that.

@The_Third_Man I was completely shocked. After I stopped thinking of Ripley's loader fight at the end of Aliens, I was expecting either Naomi to figure out how to beat her or for Amos/Alex to rescue her. I did not expect Anna, and that was awesome.

This episode carried a lot of existential dread for the characters, in a way that I haven't felt since GoT. I especially felt from the beginning that either Ashford or Drummer would make it out, but not both. I got a little salty when Ashford started referring to himself as "the captain" by the end. Too soon, brah. 

The 0-G(ee) / wire work was amazing. Lots of floaty.
    Elisa
  • chriskchrisk Indianapolis
    edited June 21
    Man I totally thought Ashford destroyed that communicator on purpose. Seemed like his emotion built up to it (over like a second) rather than being surprised by it. Have to watch it again though.

I keep waiting for him to make a strong heel turn or power grab, so that may have played into it. 

Between that and his singing, was getting a strong Quint (from Jaws) vibe with his character in this episode.
  • AjasAjas Seattle, WA
    When Ashford gave his speech about wanting to sacrifice for the future of the belt, and Drummer started singing... I thought that was her "Look at the flowers" moment, and she was about to squish him.

I was kind of bummed she didn't-- that would've been belter af
    alexander.klassen
    I had to wait a day to watch this! Good episode, not a ton to talk about. My biggest impression is the marines Bobbie is with are idiots. Really, kill the guy who likely has motivation to survive and knows more than you do before interrogating him? Chill out kids.
  • @A_Ron_Hubbard @Jim re the ban for book discussion talk. I know when I was a mod on another forum we had an admin section where we could see everyone’s IP and if a perma ban was in order ban that IP. While VPNs were sometimes used to get around that, usually it wouldn’t take long for a poster to “slip up”. It was interesting to see “behind the veil”, but it was a thanksless job (that doesn’t pay), so now I have a TON of sympathy for mods after going through that.  People don’t often realize how much work it is and it could Easily be a full time job on busy forums. 
    JaimieT
  • KingKobra said:
    @A_Ron_Hubbard @Jim re the ban for book discussion talk. I know when I was a mod on another forum we had an admin section where we could see everyone’s IP and if a perma ban was in order ban that IP. While VPNs were sometimes used to get around that, usually it wouldn’t take long for a poster to “slip up”. It was interesting to see “behind the veil”, but it was a thanksless job (that doesn’t pay), so now I have a TON of sympathy for mods after going through that.  People don’t often realize how much work it is and it could Easily be a full time job on busy forums. 
    In regards to that, I thank the people of this forum because I feel like that isn't too much of a problem within the Bald Move forums.  Or are there people out there doing these kinds of things that I should be thanking.
    JaimieT
  • KingKobra said:
    @A_Ron_Hubbard @Jim re the ban for book discussion talk. I know when I was a mod on another forum we had an admin section where we could see everyone’s IP and if a perma ban was in order ban that IP. While VPNs were sometimes used to get around that, usually it wouldn’t take long for a poster to “slip up”. It was interesting to see “behind the veil”, but it was a thanksless job (that doesn’t pay), so now I have a TON of sympathy for mods after going through that.  People don’t often realize how much work it is and it could Easily be a full time job on busy forums. 
    In regards to that, I thank the people of this forum because I feel like that isn't too much of a problem within the Bald Move forums.  Or are there people out there doing these kinds of things that I should be thanking.
    Yes there are a handful of mods here:
    http://forums.baldmove.com/discussion/4003/new-moderators

Thankfully this forum isnt that bad, we’ll never really know however (as it should be) how many reports, heavy moderation is needed (only when they lock or make mod notes). 

• KingKobra said:
    KingKobra said:
    Yes there are a handful of mods here:
    http://forums.baldmove.com/discussion/4003/new-moderators

Thankfully this forum isnt that bad, we’ll never really know however (as it should be) how many reports, heavy moderation is needed (only when they lock or make mod notes). 

Well a great big thank you to all of you as I definitely didn't realize that.  
    KingKobra
  • Okay, I'm a bit confused. A.Ron said on the cast that next week's penultimate episode cast will drop same time as the episode as they got a screener, but it looks like it will be a double episode finale next week on SyFy.
    So we get a double finale and only get a cast for the first half? @Jim @A_Ron_Hubbard Are you guys aware it's a double episode next week? Did you guys only get the one screener or is it for both?
  • @Reni They said at lunch that they were aware of the double episode. I believe they said they recorded the podcast for episode 312 already. I don't remember the details of what they were gonna do for the finale. 
  • @rkcrawf Ah, thanks! I haven't listened to this week's lunch yet, better catch up then!
    rkcrawf
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    Rather selfless of Drummer to crush herself rather than Ashford.  Shows a certain niceness and lack of a killer instinct when it came down to it.
    Rather selfless of Drummer to crush herself rather than Ashford.  Shows a certain niceness and lack of a killer instinct when it came down to it.

I think she's aware there's murmurings of mutiny. That wouldn't have made it a clean kill, even if she was the type to kill innocent people.