HUMANS

As a fan of the BBC/AMC series HUMANS and Westworld, it is interesting to make comparisons between the two on many levels. HUMANS has just begun its 3rd season. Just wondering if there’s anybody who is watching it and if J&A have mentioned it in their podcasts...
Elisa

Comments

• Yes there are a few of us and I don’t believe either have watched it (it’s been asked). There used to be a thread for the show last year I think, but no one has started one for Season 3 yet. 
    Elisa
  • Lo and behold - Just catching up on the latest Westworld podcast 207-Les Escorrches - HUMANS is mentioned at 1:48:35 as a potentially good show for the depiction of AI.  What I am loving in HUMANS is the evolution of emotional intelligence in the green-eyed synths.  The awareness that they are becoming more emotionally invested and that is more 'human' - They embrace it.  Interestingly, actual humans do the opposite:  The reject their emotional selves. This is a topic I am interested in on due to the fact that I'm a psychotherapist.  And it can be a hazard when watching any program since I'll analyze a pizza pie.  
    Elisashockg11
  • I just got caught up on the first 3 episodes of Humans and I'm liking it so far.  For whatever reason the 1st season really brought me into the show to an extent that the 2nd and 3rd hasn't to nearly the extent.  With that being said it's still an amazing show that I think is severely under the radar.  Clearly Westworld is going to be more popular because lets be real, it's HBO but this show is damn amazing in itself and it has next to nothing for advertisements or any kind of promo for the show.
    DrCynPizKingKobraElisa
  • I always feel like the 2nd seasons of shows are a 'bridge' - I always feel like I'm a bit let down and 'lost' in the 2nd.  Could be that I tend to set the bar unrealistically high for new shows that I love.  The same happened for me with Humans.  The 3rd season is excellent IMO.  It is a shame that shows like Humans don't have any promo.  Same was same for The Expanse (so so awesome) and we almost lost it to cancellation because of it.  
    letrbuck2006Elisashockg11
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Really enjoying S3 so much. It’s a breath of fresh air after the Rubik’s cube watch of Westworld. 
    DrCynPizDeeCapeGabe
  • I finally got caught up with Season 3 this weekend. I'm still trying to figure out what parts happened in a different time  B)
    Elisa
  • CapeGabe said:
    I finally got caught up with Season 3 this weekend. I'm still trying to figure out what parts happened in a different time  B)
    HI CapeGabe - I just noticed your post - Can you be more specific and I will try to set you straight?  This season has been wonderful!
    Elisa
  • DrCynPiz said:
    CapeGabe said:
    I finally got caught up with Season 3 this weekend. I'm still trying to figure out what parts happened in a different time  B)
    HI CapeGabe - I just noticed your post - Can you be more specific and I will try to set you straight?  This season has been wonderful!
    That was a joke in reference to Westworld. 
    ElisaCapeGabe
  • KingKobra said:
    DrCynPiz said:
    CapeGabe said:
    Oh good grief - There's a new show that's in the works starring me entitled "Loserworld".  FML
    Elisa
  • DrCynPiz said:
    KingKobra said:
    DrCynPiz said:
    CapeGabe said:
    Oh good grief - There's a new show that's in the works starring me entitled "Loserworld".  FML
    Sorry, there should be a tag next to my username that 90% of content is sarcastic wise ass but the other 10% is thoughtful, reasoned and possibly inspiring  o:)  >:)
    DrCynPiz
  • What a stunning finish to a great season! To me, the world in Humans just keep expanding, and the stakes keep getting higher. It started with one ordinary family in season 1 but at the end of this season you see the impact of conscious synths throughout the country (if not internationally), and how people and the government react to them. There are questions and mysteries to be answered, but never the one-note "is this guy/gal a robot?" I really think @A_Ron_Hubbard will enjoy this show because a bunch of the humans here are actively trying to learn, be more compassionate, and overcome their prejudice, even if they come up short sometimes. Side note: I freaking love the way Mia runs. It's a small touch but the mechanical awkwardness is absolutely on point.
    ElisaKingKobraDrCynPiz
  • I have to agree with @Demic this show ended on a super high note. It’s a shame AMC has treated it like it has and relegated it to hardly any advertising and horrible time slots. If this is the end, so be it they ended it in a great way. I’d be dissapointed/sad if they didn’t continue as what they have opened would make for some really interesting TV. This last episode for me was a ole to hit multiple emotions as we have grown and gotten to know each character. Hopefully more people start watching. 
    ElisaDrCynPiz
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Ive just caught up on the last couple of episodes and I’m a bit ehhhh about the ending. The Chosen One trope is so tired, and the immigration thing was really heavy handed - I mean, they literally had a “they took err jerbs” speech. Not very subtle.

I gasped at the reveal at the end of episode 7, though - that was great.
    KingKobra
  • lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    Meta: Pixie Davies (Sophie) and Billy Jenkins (Sam) are amazing. 

I'm not sure where the show is going; feels a bit like they've taken a wrong turn. How does adding "synth blood" equal more than an enhanced human, not a synth or any real kind of hybrid? Leo already had synth parts integrated, including a partial synth brain, without mixing in synth blood. Synth blood doesn't let humans live off electricity, surely? Is "racial mixing" just a naive idea presented as a solution to the real world immigration issue?

• I've been away on a 2 week vacation and the very first thing I did when I got home is watch the Humans finale...And it didn't disappoint!  This show does a wonderful job of comparing and contrasting how synthetic 'Humans' and biological humans evolve in terms of morality - but mostly in terms of Humanitarianism and grappling with the value of life.  The character development was stellar - I especially loved the moral conflict that faced Laura (avoiding spoilers).

I agree with @KingKobra - It is a shame AMC didn't promote this show like it does Preacher.  But I never understood why SyFy did such a crap job of promoting The Expanse either.  I'll never get why these networks make the decisions they do.  I truly hope this show continues....
    Elisa