Big Brother 20 (Speculation and/or Spoilers)

Season premiere is tonight!  Part two of the premier is tomorrow night, and then the live feed come on!

Anyone else going to be watching?

Rumor has it that there won't be any returning players this Season, which makes me very, very happy, as I feel Paul coming back completely ruined last Season.  Crossing my fingers that the rumor is true!
Michelle

Comments

• Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    I was convinced to watch this season by some friends but I have PopHD not CBS so I’m a day later. 
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I’m in vacay!  I have to catch up to all of the episodes when I return on the 7th.  I can’t wait to read what y’all thought!  
  • April_May_JuneApril_May_June California
    I watched the live feeds last year, and will be watching them this year too - it's a great distraction from real world events, haha.
    edited June 28
    So what did everyone think of the episode?

I think the robot punishment was hysterical - I about died when she was like 'I'm a fucking robot'!   :D  :D  :D

I also think 'Swaggy C' is the most awful nickname ever - made even worse by the fast that he referred to himself in the 3rd person like 5 times in every DR session.

Excited for tonight's episode,  and for the feeds to start!

• I just watched last night's episode.  In general I think the cast seems like they'll be better this season, I think that they might have learned their lesson about casting for drama in previous years.  Having said that, the purple lady, the 24 year old life coach (what the heck does a 24 year old know about life?!?) and Swaggy C have to go ASAP.

I think the theme this year is pretty lame, but I'm not too bothered by it.

• Alot more pretty people than in the past it seems. I'm hoping the women will team up and get the strong guys out first, but it won't happen. I like the nerd!
    What do you all think of this season so far?
    I think it's a HUGE improvement on BB19!  I also think that on the live feeds Kaitlyn is seriously one of the most exhausting people ever! 
    Apparently Essential Oils can cure everything except HOHitis, because she has the strongest case of it I've ever seen!    :D
    rustywright4
  • What do you all think of this season so far?
    I think it's a HUGE improvement on BB19!  I also think that on the live feeds Kaitlyn is seriously one of the most exhausting people ever! 
    Apparently Essential Oils can cure everything except HOHitis, because she has the strongest case of it I've ever seen!    :D
    It's definitely better!

I need Kaitlyn and Swaggy C gone ASAP, both of them drive me crazy.

Each season when the house inevitably divides, I usually side with the 'misfits'...this season I'm with the 'cool kids'.
    Okay, I'm all caught up except for last night's episode.  Swaggy C definitely needs to go.  His ego is WAY too big for the game.  I wanted Steve to stay - I'm bummed that he was evicted.  I was rooting for him.  Now I have no idea who to root for - maybe Winston or Sam?
  • Michelle said:
    Okay, I'm all caught up except for last night's episode.  Swaggy C definitely needs to go.  His ego is WAY too big for the game.  I wanted Steve to stay - I'm bummed that he was evicted.  I was rooting for him.  Now I have no idea who to root for - maybe Winston or Sam?
    I still haven't memorized all of their names....I like Sam a lot, she just seems like a decent person.  I think the lifeguard guy is pretty entertaining - I'm not sure yet if I want him to win, but so far I like watching him play.
    I kind of feel bad for Chis.  He came in the house thinking he needed to be this ridiculous, over-the-top character, so he was 'Swaggy C'.  When he's in 'Swaggy' mode, and in the DR, he's hard to handle.  But when he's just being himself, hanging out ... he's actually pretty mellow and seems like a cool guy.

But holy moly that Kaitlyn is exhausting!  Tyler has had to babysit her all week - that guy has the patience of a saint!
  • I’m really enjoying this season but if Tyler keeps the power for too long, it could be too familiar to Paul last season
    This season is absolutely crazy, and I'm loving it!!!!
  • This season is absolutely crazy, and I'm loving it!!!!
    I was cheering for Sam but she's lost her mind!

I don't understand why she didn't use her power to try to save Winston, knowing that if she didn't the power would be used on someone who she isn't aligned with.  Now that she's won HOH, her own power might end up saving her target...and then, knowing that she made things really personal during her nomination ceremony.  What happens if the VETO is used, one of her targets comes off the block and then the other one gets evicted and comes back?  She accomplishes nothing, the two people who she put up are still in the house and because she made it personal the noms (and their allies) are all gunning for her.

Sam's HOH is about as disastrous as the Trump Presidency!

April_May_June
    I'm on my phone - sorry to be a pain, but would somebody please let me know how to use the spoiler tags on mobile?  I have lots to say, but would like to be considerate and put it behind the tags, but it won't let me on my phone.  
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited July 24
    (spoiler) whatever you want to say (/spoiler)

Replace the rounded brackets with "[" and "]"

April_May_JuneMichelle
    edited July 24
    Thanks @CretanBull !    :)

Fessy won the Veto, and there was all kinds of drama about if he was going to use it on Kaitlyn or Haileigh. 
    After much fake crying and attempted manipulation by Kaitlyn, Fessy did end up up using the Veto - on Haileigh!  
    So Sam put Rockstar up as a replacement!
    It's only Tuesday morning, so things can definitely change, but as of right now, it looks like Rockstar is going home.  Everyone wants to get Kaitlyn out, but they feel like she's more 'controllable' than Rockstar.
    Oh, and apparently Sam told everyone exactly what her power does, so everyone knows that whoever gets voted out may just come right back in.  I absolutely love Sam, but don't understand or agree with a single thing she's done all week, including winning HOH.  None of it makes any sense to me.

• I'm a Fes fan! Didn't think I'd like him at first bc of the football egotistical jock thing but he's the realest person there. And the left handed ratio explanation with JC was hilarious! But that side of the house is terrible at the game and i'm afraid will slowly get picked off. Kaitlyn is very exhausting and too trusting, [but it seems Fes and Haliegh are figuring that out now] I'm hoping Fes' side can win next HOH and get rid of another Level 5. 
    edited July 25
    Can someone please evict Kaitlyn like, literally RIGHT NOW.  Like, I *literally* cannot stand this girl.  She, like, literally irritates me so much that like, I literally, like, want to like, literally scream at my tv.  Seriously.  I like, cannot handle this girl.  Literally.  </vocal fry voice>

Oh, and Rockstar needs to go home.  Does another one of her kids have a birthday this week?  That would be another epic moment.  “I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO ME.  ON MY CHILD’S BIRTHDAY.”    I kept waiting for someone to say, “ Who wants cake???”  (Throwback to Libra in season 10 and Keesha’s birthday.)
    CretanBullApril_May_June
    Michelle said:
    Can someone please evict Kaitlyn like, literally RIGHT NOW.  Like, I *literally* cannot stand this girl.  She, like, literally irritates me so much that like, I literally, like, want to like, literally scream at my tv.  Seriously.  I like, cannot handle this girl.  Literally.  </vocal fry voice>

Oh, and Rockstar needs to go home.  Does another one of her kids have a birthday this week?  That would be another epic moment.  “I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO ME.  ON MY CHILD’S BIRTHDAY.”    I kept waiting for someone to say, “ Who wants cake???”  (Throwback to Libra in season 10 and Keesha’s birthday.)
    What gets to me the most is Kaitlyn's fake crying.  She fake cries, and she does that gargle voice thing, and I can't believe anyone can stand to be around her!  I want Production to make a "Clear Your Throat" command just for her!

And yes, Rockstar's 'ON MY DAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY!' thing cracked me up too.  Like she was straight out of The Sopranos or something!  :D :D :D

I can tell Tyler's *over* Kaitlin though ... a little bit ago, they were playing pool, and she looked up at him, batted her eyes, and in her best baby voice said 'I missed you today'.
    Tyler's response was to belch loudly, and then say 'Did you?'    :D :D :D
    Michelle
  • A friend of mine watches the feeds and follows the spoiler sites....apparently Kaitlyn gave Brett a - ahem - "hand" today.  I wonder what Sam has to say about that haha!

I read about that, but I don't know if it's true or not.

Gross.

:s 
    So I'm going to make a huge confession ... I not only watch the live feeds, and read the BB subreddit, but I also listen to a BB podcast.  (Please don't judge - totally immersing myself in BB is my way of distracting myself for a few months, so I can ignore the real world, and pretend it isn't on fire for a while, lol)

The podcast I listen to is the one that RHAP puts out.  Rob Cesternino hosts them.  He was on Survivor Amazon many years ago, and is hilarious, and he has cohosts who have great, insightful, funny outlooks on what's going on in the house.  They do a show after every broadcasted episode (so Sunday, Wednesday,  and Thursday).  

And once a week he does a podcast with Eric Stein, who was a contestant on BB 8.  The show is called Summer of Stein, and I love it, because they just joke around and it's exactly what a podcast about a show as silly as BB should be.

Anyway ... I'm grateful for the distraction that BB is providing me ... and that this has been such a great season so far!  
    CretanBullMichelleWalnut Frey
     :D :D :D

Now Elena from last season is starting drama.
    Apparently she contacted TMZ trying to get contact info of Katlin's family.

This ridiculousness is why I watch BB.

:D  :D :D

WTH?  Why would she think it's even any of her business to intrude in?
    Good gawd.

• So I'm going to make a huge confession ... I not only watch the live feeds, and read the BB subreddit, but I also listen to a BB podcast.  (Please don't judge - totally immersing myself in BB is my way of distracting myself for a few months, so I can ignore the real world, and pretend it isn't on fire for a while, lol)

The podcast I listen to is the one that RHAP puts out.  Rob Cesternino hosts them.  He was on Survivor Amazon many years ago, and is hilarious, and he has cohosts who have great, insightful, funny outlooks on what's going on in the house.  They do a show after every broadcasted episode (so Sunday, Wednesday,  and Thursday).  

And once a week he does a podcast with Eric Stein, who was a contestant on BB 8.  The show is called Summer of Stein, and I love it, because they just joke around and it's exactly what a podcast about a show as silly as BB should be.

Anyway ... I'm grateful for the distraction that BB is providing me ... and that this has been such a great season so far!  
    I love RHAP! So don’t feel embarrassed! I used to rarely tell people I watched survivor and big brother but recently I’ve been all of out shits to give and when people would ask what I was listening to at work, I just told them flat out: “it’s a survivor/big brother Podcast.” The looks. I’m telling you. That podcast gets me through some 12 hour days at my factory and I end up laughing uncontrollably on the assembly line with people scratching their heads at me. You’re not the only one here who is a closet super fan. There are dozens of us. DOZENS!!
    April_May_JuneMichelle
    edited July 25
    So I'm going to make a huge confession ... I not only watch the live feeds, and read the BB subreddit, but I also listen to a BB podcast.  (Please don't judge - totally immersing myself in BB is my way of distracting myself for a few months, so I can ignore the real world, and pretend it isn't on fire for a while, lol)

I love RHAP! So don’t feel embarrassed! I used to rarely tell people I watched survivor and big brother but recently I’ve been all of out shits to give and when people would ask what I was listening to at work, I just told them flat out: “it’s a survivor/big brother Podcast.” The looks. I’m telling you. That podcast gets me through some 12 hour days at my factory and I end up laughing uncontrollably on the assembly line with people scratching their heads at me. You’re not the only one here who is a closet super fan. There are dozens of us. DOZENS!!

I crack up so hard every time Rob and Eric end the Summer Of Stien podcast by talking over the music they use at the end of BB episodes!

And I still randomly ask my husband if he's happy with his current relationship with mosquitos.   

PS - SUMMER OF STEVE 2018!   B)
    Walnut Frey
    edited July 25
    Michelle said:

WTH?  Why would she think it's even any of her business to intrude in?
    Good gawd.

I'm not exactly sure - I think Elena is just trying to stay relevant by inserting herself into the whole Kaitlyn/Joe/Tyler/Fessy thing?

So the votes have flipped *again*, and now it looks like Kaitlyn is going home unanimously!  
    We know that the person voted out tomorrow has 'a chance' to come back into the house.  Can you imagine the emotional terrorism Kaitlyn will unleash on the house of she gets voted out unanimously, and then gets back into the house?  Or wins HOH after all that????! 
    Michelle
    About tonight's episode ...

Holy crap!  Fessy *did* tell Kaitlyn he'd use the Veto on her!  She's been telling everyone in the house that he said that, and I thought she was either making it up, or blowing his mumbled 'mmhmm' out of proportion.  But he actually did said he would use it on her right before the competition!  I don't believe she threw the comp, but still ...
    Oh Fessy ... that was such a dumb thing to do!

Holy. Moly.  Kaitlin is gone!  I knew she was going to be voted out, but I was sure she'd complete the challenge to come right back in.  But she didn't. 
    Rob C is doing his podcast in full blanket over the head and sunglasses mourning.  It seriously the funniest thing i've ever seen.
    Michelle