Nick Cage crazed Mandy

Sorry if this is a repost, I'm a bit late to the drop... But I didn't see anyone post about this. I want to commission this as the next bald movie! Maybe with drive angry double feature. Thoughts? 

Murderbear

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I saw this trailer earlier today. So visually stunning! 
    Bhorten1
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Wow. That looks insane!
  • Levi and I were talking about this trailer before last night's Expanse podcast.  This is the movie I am most excited for this year.  First Run movie for sure, assuming it sees wide release.
    Bhorten1Murderbear
  • Jim said:
    Levi and I were talking about this trailer before last night's Expanse podcast.  This is the movie I am most excited for this year.  First Run movie for sure, assuming it sees wide release.
    @jim I can't recall hearing your impression on Drive Angry. I'd love to know where you feel on that bizarre (but I thought pretty awesome) movie
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    John Carpenter, eat your heart out.
  • Im in!!!!!!!
  • Bhorten1 said:
    Jim said:
    Levi and I were talking about this trailer before last night's Expanse podcast.  This is the movie I am most excited for this year.  First Run movie for sure, assuming it sees wide release.
    @jim I can't recall hearing your impression on Drive Angry. I'd love to know where you feel on that bizarre (but I thought pretty awesome) movie
    Oh man.  That was a weird one.  I don't remember liking it but I was definitely watching it in "Cage-mode" so we probably weren't watching it for the same kind of entertainment.
    Bhorten1
  • Was just clued into this near the end of "The Nun" cast (which I'll skip for rental)...

Mandy looks freaking amazing. Will have to see in theatre. The visuals and score in the trailer somewhat remind me of Beyond the Black Rainbow, but it's clear this is a lot more action at play here. Something like a typical revenge film, but with some over the top staging (whats with that freaking silver axe thing Cage has? lol)

We get a bit of animation thrown in there?

Overall, this over-the-top movie seems a perfect match for the usually over-the-top Cage. Can't wait.
  • Kela15Kela15 Malta, Europe
    Hell yeah! BUT! Why is it always the man who has to rescue the damsel in distress???? Plus ça change I guess...
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Really disappointed to hear Jim didn't like this movie. I was looking forward to seeing it but after the review....I don't know.

Also @Jim during the podcast you said he was but IS Nicolas Cage a good actor? One would be a fool to say he was never a good actor. I'm definitely not saying that at all. Young Nicolas Cage was fantastic. But I feel like he has lost it or something. Maybe it's because he puts out a straight-to-streaming movie every other week (and maybe I unfairly prejudge them) but I just don't know if he still has "it."

Also: 
  • Love the screenshot.  What a ridiculous man.  

You might be right about him not having "it" anymore.  I can't remember the last thing I saw him in and thought "that was a really good performance".  Somewhere along the way he switched from acting to paying back taxes; probably about the same time the IRS said "hey, you owe us a shitload of back taxes".
    MurderbearDoubleA_Ron
    Leaving Las Vegas is a tour de force for him. 
    Murderbear
  • Hmm.  No me gusta most horror/ultraviolence films, and "crazy Nick Cage" just reads as wasted potential to me, but this looks pretty interesting.  I'll have to read more about this "visionary" director (I hate that word) before I make up my mind on seeking this out.
    Adaptation is one of my favorite movies, Cage is phenomenal in both roles, and the fact that he lost the Oscar that year to Adrian fucking Brody might just top the long list of abysmal academy decisions.  They knew they made a mistake as soon as he walked onstage, assaulting a woman after winning for a fucking Polanski movie.
    MurderbearKela15
  • Logged back in here after a long while away just to see what the talk around Mandy would be. Pacing in the film is for sure not for everyone, but I thought Cage did about as good a job as he's done in a while. 
    ken hale said:

Adaptation is one of my favorite movies, Cage is phenomenal in both roles, and the fact that he lost the Oscar that year to Adrian fucking Brody might just top the long list of abysmal academy decisions.  They knew they made a mistake as soon as he walked onstage, assaulting a woman after winning for a fucking Polanski movie.
    Oh man, yeah, I always forget about Adaptation!
  • Logged back in here after a long while away just to see what the talk around Mandy would be. Pacing in the film is for sure not for everyone, but I thought Cage did about as good a job as he's done in a while. 
    I definitely don't think Cage is the one to blame for my dissatisfaction with the way he was used.  That's on the writer / director.  He definitely should have played the cult leader if they really wanted him to be crazy nick cage all movie.  That part fits much better.

Also, don't sleep on The Weather Man.  I loved that movie.  It has a great, subtle cage performance with a moment or two of crazed Nick Cage.  I guess that's more what I was hoping for here.  A triumphant return to greatness with the Nick Cage twist.
  • It got a full release in theatre and digital. So I’m going to check it out. But honestly I’m not surprised if it sucks 
    Jim said:
    Logged back in here after a long while away just to see what the talk around Mandy would be. Pacing in the film is for sure not for everyone, but I thought Cage did about as good a job as he's done in a while. 
    I definitely don't think Cage is the one to blame for my dissatisfaction with the way he was used.  That's on the writer / director.  He definitely should have played the cult leader if they really wanted him to be crazy nick cage all movie.  That part fits much better.

Also, don't sleep on The Weather Man.  I loved that movie.  It has a great, subtle cage performance with a moment or two of crazed Nick Cage.  I guess that's more what I was hoping for here.  A triumphant return to greatness with the Nick Cage twist.
    Oh man, am I glad you mentioned The Weather Man. What a depressing fucking moving, but I absolutely loved it. Talk about how marketing can twist the audience of a movie. The trailers made that thing look like a feel-good family movie if memory serves. And...it...is...not that. 
  • Matchstick Men is still my favorite Cage movie 
    Kela15
  • wow. I'm having a hell of a time trying to find this playing in northcentral ohio
  • although it looks like I can just buy it on Vudu