Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I was on vacation last week, I guess Jim didn't play anything. I plan on playing some solo stuff tomorrow. 

I will say that I think we need to rethink our Twitch strategy. When we consistently talk up twitch for a few months in front of an audience of 50k, and you get an average of 40 viewers, that tells me that playing video games just isn't a great fit for our audience. We're thinking of moving towards stuff like LiveWatches and IRL stuff to see if that's more appealing. 
    gguenotCecilyMichelleAussieGregFernNYC17Bhorten1JTKIIINaugustineWa1kingDistanceMelonuskand 3 others.
  • Professor_PProfessor_P Colorado
    It only keeps two weeks of videos and they haven't streamed in the last two weeks since A. Ron was out of town.
  • 40 million viewers?! 
    Bhorten1
  • I will say that Im not always into the games you guys play on twitch but I really appreciate your availability and the chance to joke around with you guys i.e Fortnite/ detroits becoming human garbage. 
    JaimieTDoubleA_RonMichelleBhorten1
  • DoubleA_RonDoubleA_Ron San Diego
    Personally, I’d prefer to see a little more time devoted to the “regular” (monthly) playthroughs... but, I know that playthroughs in general don’t garner much of an audience (which is a shame, ‘cause they’re hilarious).
    johnnytruantMelonusk
  • I was on vacation last week, I guess Jim didn't play anything. I plan on playing some solo stuff tomorrow. 

I will say that I think we need to rethink our Twitch strategy. When we consistently talk up twitch for a few months in front of an audience of 50k, and you get an average of 40 viewers, that tells me that playing video games just isn't a great fit for our audience. We're thinking of moving towards stuff like LiveWatches and IRL stuff to see if that's more appealing. 
    My favorite streams by far is your Fortnite series A Ron, they are fast paced and quick i really enjoy them. I much rather watching you stream it than ninja, lupo etc. 
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    More game plays please. (IRLs are awesome too tho...)
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    I'll add my voice to the love in for A Ron's Fortnite streams. They're loads of fun.
  • I will say that Im not always into the games you guys play on twitch but I really appreciate your availability and the chance to joke around with you guys i.e Fortnite/ detroits becoming human garbage. 
    This.

Personally, I wouldn't have played ten minutes of Detroit. I thought it was one of the most singularly frustrating game play I've ever seen. But I watched the entire stream (never live bc I work and parent during those hours - so I won't show up as one of the 40) because y'all were hilarious and generous. Thoughtful  funny commentary and talk re other topics made it a lunch w J+A-style remix with added features. I hope you guys continue play throughs even while you consider alterations.

DoubleA_Ron
  • I was on vacation last week, I guess Jim didn't play anything. I plan on playing some solo stuff tomorrow. 

@A_Ron_Hubbard I was really just being smarmy. I knew you were on vacation, having listened to you describe your death defying naturist trip on about six different cats, including twitch... But tone is very challenging to convey in texts, tweets N posts. I was mostly trying to bust Jim's balls for his not playing after he said he had a game picked out. Not really to be ugly, just to be an ass. 

Hope you had a great time on your walkabout, glad you and Cecily survived and returned. Look forward to hearing about it! 

Also, you have to twitch at least one more so I can subscribe, I've been trying to figure out this twitch prime shit for several weeks and I think I figured it/linked my accounts, but I'm subscribing live because I want my shootout, I need my day in the sun.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    No worries, @Bhorten1.  Also, I totally forgot today was the 4th. So I'll be playing FORTNITE tomorrow from at least 4pm to 6pm.  Trying to grind for BattlePass level 100 and player level 40 with one week to go!
    amyja89NaugustineJaimieTBhorten1Michellephil_neko
  • Bhorten1 said:
    I was on vacation last week, I guess Jim didn't play anything. I plan on playing some solo stuff tomorrow. 

@A_Ron_Hubbard I was really just being smarmy. I knew you were on vacation, having listened to you describe your death defying naturist trip on about six different cats, including twitch... But tone is very challenging to convey in texts, tweets N posts. I was mostly trying to bust Jim's balls for his not playing after he said he had a game picked out. Not really to be ugly, just to be an ass. 

Hope you had a great time on your walkabout, glad you and Cecily survived and returned. Look forward to hearing about it! 

Also, you have to twitch at least one more so I can subscribe, I've been trying to figure out this twitch prime shit for several weeks and I think I figured it/linked my accounts, but I'm subscribing live because I want my shootout, I need my day in the sun.
    Yeah, cats talk to me about bald move and Aron vacation plans. 
    rustywright4
    Has the regular (non-Twitch) playthrough schedule changed?  Second month in a row with no new content...
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    They're doing Tues/Thurs this week, I don't know about future weeks. So, tonight! @DoubleA_Ron
    edited July 19
    JaimieT said:
    They're doing Tues/Thurs this week, I don't know about future weeks. So, tonight! @DoubleA_Ron
    I meant the playthroughs that are uploaded directly to YouTube (TWD, Life is Strange, etc.).
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    JaimieT said:
    I meant the playthroughs that are uploaded directly to YouTube (TWD, Life is Strange, etc.).
    I think they've just been busy.  They mentioned either on LWJ&A or one of the twitch stream that they couldn't get one out last month because of Con of Thrones, and maybe some family stuff.  They also mentioned they probably wouldn't have one out this month because of another podcast industry convention they were attending.  I imagine next month they will resume the youtube playthroughs though.
    DoubleA_Ron