Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July to all of my American friends!

ChinaskiJoshuaHeterMichelleghm3April_May_Junevoodoorat

Comments

• Happy 4th to everyone!
    JoshuaHeter
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Happy 4th of July from a British cousin. ;-P

emnofseattleJoshuaHeteranubus21gguenotApril_May_Junevoodoorat
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    CretanBullMichelleJoshuaHeterChinaskianubus21
  • ShumShum Utah
    It's time to go America on everyone's ass!

JoshuaHeterJovial_FalconFreddy
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Happy 4th, everyone!  I’m feeling #blessed to be in our nation’s capital for this holiday.  I spent the day walking around the memorials and the Smithsonian National Museum of American History.  Some displays were very moving, such as:

A copy of the Declaration of Independence:

and Lincoln’s top hat that he was wearing the night he was assassinated:

At the hotel now, resting my tootsies (and the rest of me) after miles of walking in the heat.  Going out to see fireworks by the Capitol building later tonight.  Enjoy your evening, everyone!  
    ChinaskiDoubleA_RonJaimieTCretanBullanubus21cdriveApril_May_Junevoodoorat
    @Michelle
    Did you see the First Ladies' inauguration gowns? I found that display unexpectedly moving when I was there.
    I did.  I had a moment when I saw Jackie O’s and Mary Todd Lincoln’s, but the entire display was just gorgeous.  (I passed right on by Melania’s, lol)
    edited July 4
    For some reason it was very moving to me that some of them were so, so, small.
    Right??? Did you see Jackie O’s gray 2-pc jacket/skirt that were in a different display?  She was sooooooo tiny!  But, you know, she probably wasn’t hitting up 2am Jack ‘n the Box tacos back then either.
    JaimieT
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Michelle said:
    For some reason it was very moving to me that some of them were so, so, small.
    Right??? Did you see Jackie O’s gray 2-pc jacket/skirt that were in a different display?  She was sooooooo tiny!  But, you know, she probably wasn’t hitting up 2am Jack ‘n the Box tacos back then either.

And we're getting bigger anyway because of growth hormones in food. I'm 5'11" so I keep this fact ready to go. ;)
    Michelle
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    edited July 5
    ^^^^^^But we'll culturally appropriate your music as it suits us. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnH_OIgNgSY
  • edited July 5

Probably Trey Parker & Matt Stone's greatest contribution

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
  • April_May_JuneApril_May_June California
    Happy 4th!    :)
    My husband and I had a wonderful day binge watching the HBO series John Adams - it's kind of become a tradition for us.  Such a great series, with amazing acting!
    JaimieTcdriveMichelleCretanBull
  • cdrive said:
    That is just too good for words...getting chocked up over here  :'(
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    Quick check, everyone still have the same number of fingers they started the 4th with?
    anubus21Michelle
  • LordByLordBy Utah
    WTF happened to the second civil war that Infowars promised? I spent the day barricaded in my house for nothing!
  • LordBy said:
    WTF happened to the second civil war that Infowars promised? I spent the day barricaded in my house for nothing!
    Was postponed on account of it being to bloody hot outside! 
  • OldGriswoldOldGriswold Brooklyn
    I had a good time. Had my cup of tea in the morning (because eff you Boston) and was invited to a party in the afternoon where I ate tremendous food including a rather delicious banana pudding in the form of an American flag.

Also no natives took the piss out of my Britishness for the first time in 10 years. Suppose I have Trump to thank for that, though, FFS.
    anubus21JaimieTChinaski