Bald Movies?

Am I missing something or some announcement on why the guys havent done any first run movie reviews in almost a month? I mean I thought for sure Id be able to hear them crap all over Jurassic World or Jim complain about the quantum realm in Ant-Man&The Wasp........

Comments

• Am I missing something or some announcement on why the guys havent done any first run movie reviews in almost a month? I mean I thought for sure Id be able to hear them crap all over Jurassic World or Jim complain about the quantum realm in Ant-Man&The Wasp........
    Vacation. 
  • Hatorian said:
    Am I missing something or some announcement on why the guys havent done any first run movie reviews in almost a month? I mean I thought for sure Id be able to hear them crap all over Jurassic World or Jim complain about the quantum realm in Ant-Man&The Wasp........
    Vacation. 
    But has there been anything that needed a review?  Jim hasn't seen the first Antman and the first Jurassic World wasn't all that exciting.
  • edited July 2018
    Hatorian said:
    Vacation. 
    But has there been anything that needed a review?  Jim hasn't seen the first Antman and the first Jurassic World wasn't all that exciting.
    Needed a review? I mean honestly I would love to hear their take on Sicario 2 and them bitch about Social Jurassic Warriors: Fallen Stardom 
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited July 2018
    @MaddyStevens - Aron won't see Sicario 2 because it glorifies the drug war. (Edit: I meant to tag Maddy but tagged Aron by mistake, like I'm calling him out or something.)
  • We're kind of in a dry spell of quality movies...
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, mostly vacations, plus not a lot of movies that I wanted to see for various reasons. I'll definitely see Ant Man, maybe even this weekend, but it didn't feel like a must review, and as Jaimie said, I don't have the stomach for drug war shoot 'em ups anymore.

I think we'll probably see Skyscrapper and MI: Fallout, and Cecily and I will see Mama Mia 2. We watch the original last weekend; it's so much fun.
    Mamma Mia 2 FIRST RUN REVIEW!!!!
    MattyWeaves
  • I saw the first purge the other day, really bad. I want to see hereditary. Tag. Ant man and the wasp and sicario 2
  • GL getting A.ron to watch Sicario 2
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    @Jim & @A_Ron_Hubbard ,

Would y’all consider reviewing Hereditary?  I’m listening to a Slate podcast on it now and it’s got me hoping y’all will do one.  Without spoiling the movie, I think you two would both have cool shit to say about it.  And I remember you guys had good things to say about It Follows and Witch.  Ok *fingers-crossed*. Thanks 

• Please do a mi:6 review, I love that series!
    Ooh or maybe save Hereditary for the @A_Ron_Hubbard & @Cecily ‘month of October’ horror marathon...

KingKobraDee
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    JaimieT said:
    I would love it if Bald Move Club subscriptions skyrocketed after their review of Mamma Mia 2. 
    JaimieTCecily
    JaimieT said:
    I would love it if Bald Move Club subscriptions skyrocketed after their review of Mamma Mia 2. 

Best timeline.
    Cecily
  • Yeah, mostly vacations, plus not a lot of movies that I wanted to see for various reasons. I'll definitely see Ant Man, maybe even this weekend, but it didn't feel like a must review, and as Jaimie said, I don't have the stomach for drug war shoot 'em ups anymore.

I think we'll probably see Skyscrapper and MI: Fallout, and Cecily and I will see Mama Mia 2. We watch the original last weekend; it's so much fun.
    I definitely figured you guys wouldve seen JW-2 for the fun of just annihilating the movie and I imagine it is actually a fun'ish movie to see in Imax.  Also I dont know if you saw the first Sicario but as a fellow Emily Blunt "admirer" I think you should give it a shot.  As far as the second movie goes I havent seen it yet but plan to because Brolin&Del Toro were great in the first one.
  • Yeah, mostly vacations, plus not a lot of movies that I wanted to see for various reasons. I'll definitely see Ant Man, maybe even this weekend, but it didn't feel like a must review, and as Jaimie said, I don't have the stomach for drug war shoot 'em ups anymore.

I definitely figured you guys wouldve seen JW-2 for the fun of just annihilating the movie and I imagine it is actually a fun'ish movie to see in Imax.  Also I dont know if you saw the first Sicario but as a fellow Emily Blunt "admirer" I think you should give it a shot.  As far as the second movie goes I havent seen it yet but plan to because Brolin&Del Toro were great in the first one.
    The first one is what basically (amongst other things) brought that feeling on I believe. There is a thread and a number of posts on it. 
    edited July 2018
    cdrive said:
    @Jim & @A_Ron_Hubbard ,

Would y’all consider reviewing Hereditary?  I’m listening to a Slate podcast on it now and it’s got me hoping y’all will do one.  Without spoiling the movie, I think you two would both have cool shit to say about it.  And I remember you guys had good things to say about It Follows and Witch.  Ok *fingers-crossed*. Thanks 

Up to Jim. I've already seen it. I was a mild fan that thought the ending kinda ruined it.
    cdrive
    cdrive said:
    Ooh or maybe save Hereditary for the @A_Ron_Hubbard & @Cecily ‘month of October’ horror marathon...

Yeah, I think that's a lock.
    KingKobraJaimieTcdrivestevenduran1240Cecily
    cdrive said:
    @Jim & @A_Ron_Hubbard ,

Up to Jim. I've already seen it. I was a mild fan that thought the ending kinda ruined it.
    The ending of horror movies is where contention lives, right? I get how the end of this one had people split.  
  • cdrive said:

Have you seen 2014's "The Signal" ? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2910814/?ref_=nv_sr_1
    Id love to hear you guys review that movie , its still my favorite Sci-fi movie no one has basically seen or heard of.  Also I'd be curious on your take regarding a new movie called "The Endless" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3986820/
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    No review of Ant Man but a review of Mama Mia! I feel like I'm in an alternate universe.
    JaimieT
  • cdrive said:

Have you seen 2014's "The Signal" ? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2910814/?ref_=nv_sr_1
    Id love to hear you guys review that movie , its still my favorite Sci-fi movie no one has basically seen or heard of.  Also I'd be curious on your take regarding a new movie called "The Endless" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3986820/
    You can always suggest that for a commission when they open again. It was “good/ok”, but not great in the realm of sci-fi. 
    No review of Ant Man but a review of Mama Mia! I feel like I'm in an alternate universe.

Have you seen the movie tho? ;)
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    cdrive said:

@MaddyStevens, Have you seen Coherence?  I think you might enjoy it!  It's available to stream free with prime here.

The Endless is on my "To Watch" list.  I just haven't had time to get there yet.
    bizmarkiefader
  • cdrive said:

@MaddyStevens, Have you seen Coherence?  I think you might enjoy it!  It's available to stream free with prime here.

The Endless is on my "To Watch" list.  I just haven't had time to get there yet.
    I saw Coherence when it first came out but dont remember much of it because that was around the time I was watching movies on my ipad while I did cardio which means I probably watched it over a 3 day period and didnt pay that close attention to it.  I burned through so many movies that way and most of the netflix Marvel series as well. 
  • cdrive said:

What is this "October horror marathon"? Did you do it in years past? Are they reviewed as well? I hope "Unsane" makes the cut this October and if it hasnt already made the list previously(I dont know if I can take any horror fan seriously if not) you need to watch "The Descent".  It is hands down one of the creepiest movies ever made.  Another movie I thought was one of the scariest movies I'd ever seen until I watched it about a month ago and it doesnt exactly hold up as well as I thought is "Event Horizon".  If that got a proper reboot with today's technology I think it could be amazing because that concept is still one of the freakier ones not beaten to death by the Syfy channel. 
    cdrive said:

What is this "October horror marathon"? Did you do it in years past? Are they reviewed as well? I hope "Unsane" makes the cut this October and if it hasnt already made the list previously(I dont know if I can take any horror fan seriously if not) you need to watch "The Descent".  It is hands down one of the creepiest movies ever made.  Another movie I thought was one of the scariest movies I'd ever seen until I watched it about a month ago and it doesnt exactly hold up as well as I thought is "Event Horizon".  If that got a proper reboot with today's technology I think it could be amazing because that concept is still one of the freakier ones not beaten to death by the Syfy channel. 
    I’m not sure but I think last year was the first one.  The two love birds caught the spooky bug around Halloween time and started watching scary movies.  And then I wanna say they floated the idea of making it a thing.  
  • cdrive said:

http://baldmove.com/bald-movies/cinema-spooktacular-2017/
    Chinaski