favorite single season of television

13»

Comments

• russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    Game of Thrones Season 4 GOAT.
    hisdudeness915
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    Most fun - Lost S1, Penny Dreadful S2, Ricky and Morty S1, Community S3

Most best - The Wire S4, True Detective S1, Leftovers S2, Twin Peaks S3, The Thick of It S1, Louie (really any season)
    Elisa
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    @akritenbrink, @letrbuck2006 Season 2 just ended this week.  I HIGHLY recommend it.  It’s rough in some places but wow, such a great season.  Very powerful.
  • I'd probably say Leftovers season 2 was my favorite, but I do want to give a shout out to Season 3 of The Sopranos for being amazing. The whole season is great, but it has two of their all-time best episodes with Employee of the Month and Pine Barren. RIP James Gandolfini :(
  • Leftovers season 2 or LOST season 1 for me. Coin flip between those two
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Dummy said:
    I'd probably say Leftovers season 2 was my favorite, but I do want to give a shout out to Season 3 of The Sopranos for being amazing. The whole season is great, but it has two of their all-time best episodes with Employee of the Month and Pine Barren. RIP James Gandolfini :(
    Yeah, Season 3 is low-key amazing. I think it gets forgotten because of how annoying Jackie Jr. is. Its a pretty brutal season too, I remember it started getting flack because of its violence for episodes like University and Another Toothpick.
    Dummy
  • edited July 2018
    Some drama picks, with recency bias in full swing probably, but I don't care: Breaking Bad season 4, Halt and Catch Fire season 4, Justified season 2, Lost season 1, Mad Men season 4, The Americans season 4, The Leftovers season 3, Twin Peaks: The Return

Comedy is harder, but some personal favorites are: Arrested Development season 2, BoJack Horseman season 3, Community season 2, Rick and Morty season 2, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace season 1, Spaced season 2, The Day Today season 1, The Thick of It season 3
    ElisaTravis
  • MmmBopMmmBop United Kingdom
    How could I forget this.. https://youtu.be/1KEfwWk3K0o
  • Michelle said:
    @akritenbrink, @letrbuck2006 Season 2 just ended this week.  I HIGHLY recommend it.  It’s rough in some places but wow, such a great season.  Very powerful.
    Maybe this will be my next binge.  I just got back from a extended weekend vacation but once I get caught up on the shows currently on the DVR I think I'm going to jump in and either get a trial or pay for a months worth of Hulu and watch through it all.  Thanks for the extra push to get me towards watching it.
    Michelle
  • Schlupp said:
    Firefly season 1, burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.  :-)
    Damn you for quoting that, I now have that theme song stuck in my head.  And now I want to go back and watch it again. 
    Schlupp
  • Stranger Things season 1

It hit all the sweet spots for me:

- gang of lovable losers on a mission - check!
    - super bad ass girl with awesome powers - check!
    - really creepy monster - check!
    - secret government conspiracy - check!
    - gruff anti-hero with a self destructive streak and a heart of gold - check!

The perfect amount of eighties nostalgia was just the icing on the cake.
    DeeTravismajjam0770
  • Stranger Things season 1

It hit all the sweet spots for me:

- gang of lovable losers on a mission - check!
    - super bad ass girl with awesome powers - check!
    - really creepy monster - check!
    - secret government conspiracy - check!
    - gruff anti-hero with a self destructive streak and a heart of gold - check!

The perfect amount of eighties nostalgia was just the icing on the cake.
    The one other thing the 1st season of Stranger Things had going for it was the fact it was the first season and nobody knew what to expect from it.  It absolutely blew me out of the water and was instantly in my top 10 for TV shows in general.  Their ability to hit every check mark you mentioned above AND hit the 80s nastalgia as well as they did made for an amazing show.

I know there's a ton of other movies/TV that I think had this same 1st season or 1st movie hype because of not knowing what to expect but the only ones that immediately come to my mind are The Hangover, Zombieland and Deadpool.  The Hangover I went into knowing it was going to be funny but they went so over the top and outrageous that the movie itself blew me away.  After that the 2nd and 3rd you just expected that kind of stuff so it wasn't nearly as successful of a movie as the first. 

Zombieland was immediately an instant classic for me.  Woody Harrelson hands down stole the show during that movie but also had an amazing supporting cast.  And Deadpool, everybody knew was going to be funny and great but I think the majority of the people went in didn't expect it to be that over the top comical and just straight making fun of itself throughout the entire movie.
    Travismajjam0770