Game of Thrones spin-off will begin filming in October under the working title ‘The Long Night’

Comments

  • Ice spiders as big as hounds GET HYPE.
    ElisaCapeGabekeneesis
  • Ice spiders as big as hounds GET HYPE.
    Due to crumbling labor talks the Ice spiders unfortunately could not be in the production. We wish them luck and hope to work with them in the future. 
    gguenotgroovydooley
  • I hope it's good, but damn is there gonna be some GoT fatigue if this starts airing in like 2020. That will have been a literal decade of GoT being on TV. Most shows on that long don't stay good. 
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited July 11
    asmallcat said:
    I hope it's good, but damn is there gonna be some GoT fatigue if this starts airing in like 2020. That will have been a literal decade of GoT being on TV. Most shows on that long don't stay good. 
    got to disagree with this. GOT has been off since 2017 and wont return til 2019. and then its only 6 episodes. there will be NO fatigue for me. I can't wait. I can count on one hand the shows im excited for each year. Stranger Things, IASIP, GOT, Better Call Saul and thats pretty much it. Maybe one thats escaping my mind right now. I really dont want to go any more years without GOT. 

    EDIT: in 3 years we will have got 13 episodes of GOT. thats one episode every 3 months. they are definitely not over saturating this. 
    anubus21ElisagroovydooleyRyanReeseman
  • Agree with @Hatorian.  It's not like we're getting 20 to 30 episodes of GoT things a year.  Plus, it's not like there are multiple different variations going on at once (such as, let's give Jon Snow his own show, let's give Dany her own show, let's follow Little Finger around, etc.).  If it's just 1 spinoff at a time, then I don't feel it's over saturated.  Especially if the writing remains good.

    HatorianElisa
  • I think it would be impossible to have this prequel feel anything like GOT.   Whatever configuration this proto civilization is in,  Westeros in GOT had 10,000 years of baggage and bad blood that created the cultural landscape that lead to the exciting political environment we saw on the series.  Not saying this prequel can't work,  it just by default will be starting from a different place.
  • Hatorian said:
    asmallcat said:
    I hope it's good, but damn is there gonna be some GoT fatigue if this starts airing in like 2020. That will have been a literal decade of GoT being on TV. Most shows on that long don't stay good. 
    got to disagree with this. GOT has been off since 2017 and wont return til 2019. and then its only 6 episodes. there will be NO fatigue for me. I can't wait. I can count on one hand the shows im excited for each year. Stranger Things, IASIP, GOT, Better Call Saul and thats pretty much it. Maybe one thats escaping my mind right now. I really dont want to go any more years without GOT. 

    EDIT: in 3 years we will have got 13 episodes of GOT. thats one episode every 3 months. they are definitely not over saturating this. 
    I dunno, each episode of GOT over the last few seasons has almost felt like a mini-movie, with some being north of an hour in runtime. I'm just leery as GOT got worse when they passed the books, and there's not nearly enough written for any prequel series to be mostly following an already finished work, and this series has the feel, to me, of "hey, GoT was popular and made a ton of money, let's make more of it" as opposed to the passion project that was getting GoT off the ground in the first place.

    I know it will be completely different writers, acorts, etc, and Martin appears to be more involved, so maybe it will be great. It's just been my experience that spin-offs are very rarely better than the show they are spun off from. 
  • asmallcat said:
    Hatorian said:
    asmallcat said:
    I hope it's good, but damn is there gonna be some GoT fatigue if this starts airing in like 2020. That will have been a literal decade of GoT being on TV. Most shows on that long don't stay good. 
    got to disagree with this. GOT has been off since 2017 and wont return til 2019. and then its only 6 episodes. there will be NO fatigue for me. I can't wait. I can count on one hand the shows im excited for each year. Stranger Things, IASIP, GOT, Better Call Saul and thats pretty much it. Maybe one thats escaping my mind right now. I really dont want to go any more years without GOT. 

    EDIT: in 3 years we will have got 13 episodes of GOT. thats one episode every 3 months. they are definitely not over saturating this. 
    I dunno, each episode of GOT over the last few seasons has almost felt like a mini-movie, with some being north of an hour in runtime. I'm just leery as GOT got worse when they passed the books, and there's not nearly enough written for any prequel series to be mostly following an already finished work, and this series has the feel, to me, of "hey, GoT was popular and made a ton of money, let's make more of it" as opposed to the passion project that was getting GoT off the ground in the first place.

    I know it will be completely different writers, acorts, etc, and Martin appears to be more involved, so maybe it will be great. It's just been my experience that spin-offs are very rarely better than the show they are spun off from. 
    I am skeptically optimistic.  I am definitely excited to be getting more Game of Thrones but I am not going into this having the same high expectations that I've had with as amazing as Game of Thrones has been.  I think there's plenty of time between Game of Thrones seasons where burnout will not be an issue at all.  Especially with this last season being 6 episodes.
    asmallcat
Sign In or Register to comment.