Who's stuck with Sons of Anarchy?

broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
Damn I loved the first 4-ish season of SOA. But it went downhill fast. Watered down storylines, shitty writing, etc... But with that being said last weeks EP was one of the best of the entire series and was what I'd been hoping to see all season and it's roped me in. So I'm pretty jacked up to see how Sutter ties it up in the last 2 episodes. So I'll ask a few questions to yall (Hoping there are still some SOA fans out there)

-Whats the significance of JT's bike? My guess is since the APB went out on Jax, they took his bike so he'll ride his dad's bike the last 2 episodes

-Jury suggested that JT killed himself. And now Jax may be riding JT's bike. Hmmmmm......

-How the fuck is August Marks going to have anything to do with the last 2 EP's? His character has been talked about more than shown. He's a knockoff Stringer Bell and it's annoying

-How does it end? My money's on a slightly ham fisted ending involving Jax or Gemmas death's (I don't think they both die), a fade to black, then an "after credits" type sequence involving a reveal of Abel grown up, putting on his cut, the camera zooming in on that ring Gemma gave him and him riding off. The show has come full circle.

I just hope it's not Dexter level bad. Thoughts?

Comments

• FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    edited November 2014
    I've mentioned this in another thread but I think it sums up my feelings pretty well:

If I didn't know this was the last season, I would be out.

Damn I loved the first 4-ish season of SOA. But it went downhill fast.

In my opinion it started to get bad with the Irish excursion and got really bad
    after Clay died

This season has just felt like a bunch of set pieces with some pretty flimsy connective tissue between them. Almost like Sutter is just flipping through his notebook crossing things off the list that he didn't get to yet.
    -Whats the significance of JT's bike? My guess is since the APB went out on Jax, they took his bike so he'll ride his dad's bike the last 2 episodes

-Jury suggested that JT killed himself. And now Jax may be riding JT's bike. Hmmmmm......
    I think you're right on JT's bike. I see it reinforcing the Cycle of Violence theme.

My money is on a mayhem vote bringing an end to Jax. Not suicide, but definitely him causing his own demise.
    -How the fuck is August Marks going to have anything to do with the last 2 EP's? His character has been talked about more than shown. He's a knockoff Stringer Bell and it's annoying
    Yeah, I don't know. I would be disappointed if Jax's end came from a vengeful Marks. If I had to guess, I see an innocent getting bumped off by accident when Marks attempts revenge. (Wayne?)
    -How does it end? My money's on a slightly ham fisted ending involving Jax or Gemmas death's (I don't think they both die), a fade to black, then an "after credits" type sequence involving a reveal of Abel grown up, putting on his cut, the camera zooming in on that ring Gemma gave him and him riding off. The show has come full circle.
    Personally I think both Jax and Gemma will die. I'm 100% certain Jax will be dead. Probably 85% on Gemma. As I think the theme for the series is the perpetual cycle of violence, I definitely see your after-credits sequence as a distinct possibility.
    I just hope it's not Dexter level bad. Thoughts?
    LumberJax?
  • broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
    LumberJax lololololol

Regarding your mayhem vote theory, doesnt it have to be unanimous? Do we know if it would only be Indian Hills voting? Or SAMCRO as well? Surely Jax would be safe from being voted to his death if SAMCRO has a vote
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    I'm not sure how killing a president shakes out. It could be a vote among other presidents. I guess if they haven't made it clear, maybe it means it won't happen.
  • JasonCage5JasonCage5 Delray Beach
    I'm thinking mayhem doesn't get the unanimous vote but Jax has to give up being president allowing him to ride off with JT's bike while Abel and Thomas are with Wendy and Nero in Nero's car going to the farm
  • broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
    Not gonna tie up that neatly @JasonCage5‌. At least I hope not.
  • Mike SnowMike Snow Portland, ME
    I think Jax has the cliché "ride off into the sunset" by himself with no determinate fate after the Club fails to pass the mayhem unanimously. I was really hoping Jax would get to redeem the Club with all the things he wanted to do in the first few seasons, like get out of guns, but he's too far gone to make that meaningful now. Just can't root for him after all the bloodshed.
  • TimlangleyohioTimlangleyohio Fremont ohio
    edited November 2014
    I have stuck with it, the last 2 seasons were really bad but I thought I might as well finish the series.
  • Jax will end Gemma, the club won't understand why cause hes keeping them in the dark, the rest of the club will kill Jax. The end.

Supposedly there is going to be a prequel to SOA and Clay is back. Im hoping, love this show.
  • chriskchrisk Indianapolis
    I had to quit when neither Clay or Juice died at the end of season 4. They really should have both been dead. Also, Kurt Sutter just pisses me off every time I read about him