Season Five Preview cast *NO SPOILERS*

For those of you who haven't read the books / Jim, this is your thread to speculate and theorize about the new season.  We're recording our first of two preview casts Tuesday!
Elisa

Comments

• Should we treat information taken from S5 trailers as spoilers or no?
  • Winter is really a prostitute in King's Landing.
  • Haven't read the books so I'm just speculating. But I really hope that we get the remaining Starks back together or at least a few of them. I'm still holding hope that the Starks will get their vengeance. But they will probably be horribly murdered instead...
    Elisa
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Hatorian said:

Haven't read the books so I'm just speculating. But I really hope that we get the remaining Starks back together or at least a few of them.

I don't think that will happen with Arya across the narrow sea (she left for Bravos the end of season 4).  So unless you count Jon Snow and Littlefinger somehow allows Sansa to go to the wall, I don't see any Stark reuniting before season 6.  Unless Rickon shows up at The Wall or The Vale.
    Hatorian
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    AntManBee said:

Should we treat information taken from S5 trailers as spoilers or no?

If seeing something in the significance of a shot from a trailer relies on having book knowledge, then I'd say it would be kind of a dick move to call it out as such.  For example, let's say we were watching a trailer of Season Two, and Dany has this massive army in front of her, it would be bad form to say "Ah, can't wait to see the Unsullied and Dany sacking Astapor!"  If you haven't seen the books, it would be natural to say "whoa, looks like Dany got an army!"  And there is a grey area I'm constantly worried about where people who HAVE read the books drop spoilers pretending to be people who haven't read the books just to score internet cred and look smart/observant.  Please don't do that.  :D

Otherwise, trailer stuff is considered fair game around these parts.  
  • Nice job on the preview, did you guys do a video version of this cast? 

=)
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    @A_Ron_Hubbard That would have to be a preview of season 3 actually..
    Yeah, I suppose talking about Dany's massive army in season 2 would be a spoiler no matter what.  Also, WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS?!?!
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    When's the spoiler cast coming out? :D

• CalebCaleb Australia
    Great preview podcast, now I am super excited about season 5 !!!
    Oh and we didn't have to hear that annoying as hell Linkin Park intro song too... yessssssssss ;)
  • I love this show and I am so happy Tyrion made it out live last season. He is by far my favorite thing about this show and I cant wait to see where they go with him. 
  • ArctorArctor The Netherlands
    If they are about to outrun the books with the show, wouldn't it be better to put this story line on hold and do an interim prequel season or two? I'd have loved to see something like The Fall of the Mad King instead of season 5 so George Double R Martin can catch up.

Thoughts? Pros/cons?
    Zesder
    The spoiLORE cast will be out next week by Wednesday.  Going forward, the tinfoil theory portion will be released as a premium video on Thursday late afternoon/early evening, then as an audio podcast with the spoiler feedback included on Friday.
    Elisa
  • I'm very interested to see how this Tyrion-Varys-Daenerys alliance comes together, which the trailers seem to be hinting at.

I suspected that Tyrion is headed to Braavos along with Arya. While Arya can continue and possibly finish her water dance training, I wonder if Tyrion & Varys may have some business to take care of at the Iron Bank. Eventually, I'm sure they will make their way over to Slaver's Bay with an offer of alliance to Dany.
  • edited April 2015
    Arctor said:

If they are about to outrun the books with the show, wouldn't it be better to put this story line on hold and do an interim prequel season or two? I'd have loved to see something like The Fall of the Mad King instead of season 5 so George Double R Martin can catch up.

Thoughts? Pros/cons?

I am a huge fan of prequels. I'm loving Better Call Saul and for years I have been begging for a Sopranos prequel. A Game of Thrones prequel as you describe it would be awesome.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    edited April 2015
    AntManBee said:

I wonder if Tyrion & Varys may have some business to take care of at the Iron Bank. Eventually, I'm sure they will make their way over to Slaver's Bay with an offer of alliance to Dany.

You can look to mid season one for a hint about that.  Remember Varys was talking to Illyario, when Arya hid in the dragon skull?
  • Thanks. I need to re-watch that scene.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Apparently GRRM talked to EW and said he wants to finish Winds of Winter before GOT Season 6 comes out.  lol
    Arctor said:

Thoughts? Pros/cons?

Totally forgot to comment on this.  I think HBO would be against stopping the train at this point.  You'd have to recast a lot of the young actors, I'd think, and you'd just lose a ton of momentum with all new cast, and think of the contracts you'd have to rework.

That said, they'd be fools not to do some form of Dunk and Egg material ala The Hobbit trilogy after this is all said and done.  Hopefully, a less bloated, more elegant take than The Hobbit, but it's money on the table.  Somebody will scoop it up.
    Elisa
  • MmmBopMmmBop United Kingdom
    I hated the music. Fair enough at beginning but way ott at end. It wakes me up. Sorry.