Dumb things you become obsessed with buying

DeeDee Adelaide
A few days ago I was thinking about how Glomesh* used to be a thing (or was that just an Australian thing?) and then got it into my head that I must source and buy Glomesh things. I found a purse and a key holder on Etsy, then spent way too much time bidding on several Glomesh cigarette cases on eBay, none of which I won. Now I’m hunting down a Glomesh cigarette lighter. I don’t smoke. 

So im wondering if other people do that - just randomly think of some dumb thing and then decide they must have it, despite living their lives without it thus far. Or alternatively, are you someone who bids on weird shit on eBay? 

*For those who don’t know what I’m talking about - this is Glomesh. 

TravisChinaskitom_g

Comments

• TravisTravis CA
    edited July 11
    At least once a day I give myself a mental note to check Amazon for Funko's SDCC exclusive release of the pop for Ron Swanson (Cornrow) which will come out at Comic Con. It's totally silly and ridiculous, but I MUST HAVE IT!!!

I also saw that they plan to unveil a really fun batch of Friends ones including Monica with the turkey on her head (+ sunglasses and hat of course), Chandler with the sort of Flock of Seaguls haircut, Joey wearing all of Chandler's clothes, and some more. I'll probably have to grab a couple of those as well.
    ChinaskiMichelleNoelDee
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    sneakers and burritos :|
    TravisNoelDeeMattyWeavesMichelletom_g
  • I have a weird thing for cool luggage or backpacks and i rarely use them. Slowing getting into that #hordelife
    tom_g
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I'm obsessed with finding discontinued Bath & Body Works items on Amazon or eBay (new in package, not partially used - ew).
    tom_g
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Chinaski said:
    Broooo I was just in NY for a week and it took a lot of resistance to not buy multiple pairs of sneakers. I limited myself to just buying one pair of Jordan 3s. I even had to mail them to myself because I didn’t have room from other clothes that I bought. :D What have you bought lately?

Also, my answer is the same, but with tacos.
    Chinaski
    Travis said:
    At least once a day I give myself a mental note to check Amazon for Funko's SDCC exclusive release of the pop for Ron Swanson (Cornrow) which will come out at Comic Con. It's totally silly and ridiculous, but I MUST HAVE IT!!!

I also saw that they plan to unveil a really fun batch of Friends ones including Monica with the turkey on her head (+ sunglasses and hat of course), Chandler with the sort of Flock of Seaguls haircut, Joey wearing all of Chandler's clothes, and some more. I'll probably have to grab a couple of those as well.
    They *really* need to do one of Ross wearing the tiny t-shirt.  :grin:

TravisDeestevenduran1240
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited July 11
    @Michelle That would be a great one! Ha! 
    For what it's worth, here are the ones they're putting out. A little Monica heavy, but there are some really fun ones:

MichelleDee
    Travis said:
    For what it's worth, here are the ones they're putting out. A little Monica heavy, but there are some really fun ones:

Prom Video Ross!  I love it.  They need more of the other characters though - 3 of Monica?  Preggo Rachel would be good, Ross in the tiny t-shirt or the aardvark costume, fat Joey or Joey in the Superman costume, bride Phoebe, and Chandler in the pink bunny costume
    Travis
  • I get way too obsessed with planning travel - will spend hours researching hotels restaurants etc.
    TravisDeeMattyWeavescdrivestevenduran1240
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    @Noel @Chinaski Sneakers over here as well. Specifically, white sneakers. People always ask me why go with white seeing as they get scuffed and dirty so easily. I'm like "that's why. gives me an excuse to buy more." Like these so much I ended up buying a backup pair when they went on sale:

ChinaskiTravisDeeNoelCretanBull
    @Noel and @Freddy - if i find the right pair that looks awesome, fits well and i know may sell out I buy multiple pairs. Air Max's and Dunk Low's are my weakness
    TravisNoel
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Travis said:

I feel I must have that too now, and I don’t even collect Funko. 
    Travis
  • DeeDee Adelaide

Chinaski said:

ChinaskiMattyWeavesTravisMichelleNoelFreddycdriveDummyakritenbrinkFlukesand 1 other.
  • Michelle said:
    Travis said:

Prom Video Ross!  I love it.  They need more of the other characters though - 3 of Monica?  Preggo Rachel would be good, Ross in the tiny t-shirt or the aardvark costume, fat Joey or Joey in the Superman costume, bride Phoebe, and Chandler in the pink bunny costume
    I would totally buy Ross (Holiday Aardvark)! It would be too silly, but Chandler in the box would be pretty funny too. Dr. Drake Ramore or Joey as Sigmund Freud could be fun. Also, a set of the "alternative universe Friends" would be a fun way to do it. Maybe a two pack (which they do sometimes) of Phoebe and Ursula.
    Michelle
  • DeeDee Adelaide

Freddy said:
    @Noel @Chinaski Sneakers over here as well. Specifically, white sneakers. People always ask me why go with white seeing as they get scuffed and dirty so easily. I'm like "that's why. gives me an excuse to buy more." Like these so much I ended up buying a backup pair when they went on sale:

Guys, we have found the Jerry Seinfeld of Bald Move. 
    ChinaskiTravisMichelleNoelgguenothisdudeness915JaimieTcdrive
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    A weighted blanket. I can't get it out of my mind. The one I'd get on Etsy is like $200. I'll report back if I ever do get it.
    DeeFreddyTravis
  • DoubleA_RonDoubleA_Ron San Diego
    Pro stock hockey gear.  It’s an expensive addiction for an already expensive hobby.
    Travis
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Books. I am aiming to have a floor to ceiling epic bookcase in our house with hundreds of my favourite books. I’ve been stockpiling books for years now and getting to the point where it’s about time to start looking for a sick bookcase.

besides that I find myself buying way too many toys for the kids. They play with it for one day and then it goes into toy box. Waste of money. 
    NoelTravis
  • Anyone who knows me would say books because every room in my place has an over-stuffed book case.

However, I have a lesser known obsession with buying playing cards.  I've spent an embarrassing amount of money on buying limited edition playing cards.
    Travis
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Chinaski said:
    @Noel and @Freddy - if i find the right pair that looks awesome, fits well and i know may sell out I buy multiple pairs. Air Max's and Dunk Low's are my weakness
    Same, but I usually try to get a different colorway unless I’m really into it or I think they’ll run out. Which is how I’ve ended up with dozens of Air Max 90s over the years. What are you favorites? 90s will always be my OG. I’m also a big fan of the 97s and 180s. I’m obviously still stuck in the 90s when it comes to sneakers.
    ChinaskiTravis
    Noel said:
    Chinaski said:
    Same, but I usually try to get a different colorway unless I’m really into it or I think they’ll run out. Which is how I’ve ended up with dozens of Air Max 90s over the years. What are you favorites? 90s will always be my OG. I’m also a big fan of the 97s and 180s. I’m obviously still stuck in the 90s when it comes to sneakers.
    Air Max 1's are my jam!
    NoelTravis
  • A thickness planer.
    Frakkin TTravis
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited July 12
    I’m a sucker for vintage track shoes and sneakers too I’ll admit.  
    Right now in my rotatation:
    Puma Easy Rider 3s
    Onitsuka Tigers
    and some old school Roos with that secret velcro pocket

ChinaskiNoelFrakkin TTravisstevenduran1240
    cdrive said:
    I’m a sucker for vintage track shoes and sneakers too I’ll admit.  
    Right now in my rotatation:
    Puma Easy Rider 3s
    Onitsuka Tigers
    and some old school Roos with that secret velcro pocket
    nice! ya know that pocket was made to put your gym key in apparently. i owned one pair when i was in my 20's (thought it was coolest thing cause Walter Payton rocked em). it wasn't velcro but a zipper pocket. i didn't put a gym key in it but i did put a dime bag in it. at the time i thought i was so cool, but looking back that was gross and dumb.
    cdriveTravis
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Chinaski said:
    Noel said:
    Chinaski said:
    Air Max 1's are my jam!
    Might cop a pair of Premium Retro 1s. But I’m not sure whether to get the Curry or Red. Straight *fire emoji*
    ChinaskiTravis
    Noel said:
    Chinaski said:
    Noel said:
    Chinaski said:
    Air Max 1's are my jam!
    Might cop a pair of Premium Retro 1s. But I’m not sure whether to get the Curry or Red. Straight *fire emoji*
    do it! last pair i got were the Anniversary's that came out recently. love em!

Nike Air Max 1 Anniversary - 908375 104
    NoelTravis
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    ^dope
    Travis
  • Chinaski said:
    Noel said:
    Chinaski said:
    Noel said:
    Chinaski said:
    Air Max 1's are my jam!
    do it! last pair i got were the Anniversary's that came out recently. love em!

Nice! I've been eyeing these blue and yellow Air Max 1's. You all are pushing me to pull the trigger...

Back in the day I remember begging my mom to let me get Air Max 95s w/ the big gaudy neon green air bubble:

NoelChinaskiTravis
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    MrX said:
    Chinaski said:

Nice! I've been eyeing these blue and yellow Air Max 1's. You all are pushing me to pull the trigger...

Back in the day I remember begging my mom to let me get Air Max 95s w/ the big gaudy neon green air bubble:

We’ll both pull the trigger and tell our accountants to blame it on @Chinaski ;

Sorryy @Dee this is officially a sneaker thread now :*
    ChinaskiTravis
  • voodooratvoodoorat Atlanta
    Guitars
    ChinaskiDeecdriveTravisFlukes