Great sy fy shows that aren't the expanse?

Nothing else to put here 

Comments

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Star Trek! 
    russkelly
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Just started Lost In Space. It seems decent. 
  • Are you talking about the channel? I'd probably agree with you, but Battlestar Galactica fans may fight you. 
  • 12 Monkeys is pretty great, it wrapped up recently. It is only very, very loosely connected to the movie, so don't let that deter you - I think a lot of people didn't give it a chance because they think it's a shitty remake. Trust me, it's really not.
    [Deleted User]KingKobraghm3
  • If your question is Science Fiction in general and not the crap channel Babylon 5 is available on Amazon and free with Prime. Don't let  the early use of digital effects and Warner Bros. refusal to convert to HD turn you off. It is one of the earliest shows to have a 5 year arc and is one of  the best written series I've ever watched.
    ghm3
  • Is this SyFy ad in the channel or sci-fi as in the genre? 
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    Assuming you mean the channel based on the spelling, there is nothing I’ve seen on SYFY that is on par with The Expanse. BSG was great, but in a different league the The Expanse. 

I thoroughly enjoyed Eureka! which ended several years ago, but it was a fairly cheesy sci-fi comedy. I wouldn’t nominate it for a baldy. 
  • I liked Defiance, even though it was short lived. It had its charm. 
    Elisa[Deleted User]CapeGabe
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    Happy! is pretty good
    NervousRhinoJoshTheBlack
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Defiance was a lot of fun. I also enjoyed Dark Matter now cancelled. (3 seasons) and Killjoys still in the air. 
    NervousRhino[Deleted User]
  • CapeGabe said:
    If your question is Science Fiction in general and not the crap channel Babylon 5 is available on Amazon and free with Prime. Don't let  the early use of digital effects and Warner Bros. refusal to convert to HD turn you off. It is one of the earliest shows to have a 5 year arc and is one of  the best written series I've ever watched.

This show seriously deserves a big budget remake. The story, characters, and world are all so good, but that set & costume will be super difficult to look past if watching for the first time today, to say it doesn't hold up well would be a euphemism. 
  • Nothing really current but always FRINGE.
    Elisa[Deleted User]
  • Since u mean the channel Krypton starts slow but does get pretty interesting.
  • Hulu is coming out with a new show about the first manned trip to Mars. "The First" Starring Sean Penn
  • SYFY Channel (includes old and new):
    12 Monkeys
    The Magicians
    Dark Matter
    Z Nation
    Eureka
    Battlestar Galatica (2004)
    Warehouse 13
    Stargate SG-1
    Stargate Atlantis
    Stargate SGU
    Caprica (I liked it, many people didn’t)
    Childhood’s End
    Incorporated
    Killjoys

Sci-Fi
    Fringe
    X-Files
    Quantum Leap
    Star Trek TNG (there are many iterations of ST so take your pick) 
    Carnivale (fantasy like)
    X-Files
    Humans
    Colony (not “great”, but steady action and stays in its lane)
    The 100 (up to recent season wasn’t bad) 
    The 4400 
    V (new remake and old version I liked)
    Firefly
    American Gods
    Dr Who
    Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The above shoild take you a couple of years to get through ;) good luck! 
    Elisa
  • KingKobra said:
    SYFY Channel (includes old and new):
    12 Monkeys
    The Magicians
    Dark Matter
    Z Nation
    Eureka
    Warehouse 13
    Stargate SG-1
    Stargate Atlantis
    Stargate SGU
    Childhood’s End
    Incorporated
    Killjoys

Sci-Fi
    Fringe
    X-Files
    Quantum Leap
    Carnivale (fantasy like)
    X-Files
    Humans
    The 4400 
    Firefly
    American Gods
    Dr Who

The Magicians is one of those shows I'm almost skeptical telling people I enjoy for fear of judgement but it's very entertaining.  12 Monkeys I always wanted to get into but it was always replayed through Hulu which I do not have and I missed the 1st season.  Let me know if you think it was a good run as it's fairly high on my priority list.  Dark Matter was a very fun turn your brain off and just enjoy science fiction type of show.  I wasn't devastated to see it go but I would have liked for it to continue.
    ElisaKingKobra
  • KingKobra said:
    12 Monkeys
    The Magicians
    Dark Matter
    Z Nation
    Eureka
    Warehouse 13
    Stargate SG-1
    Stargate Atlantis
    Stargate SGU
    Childhood’s End
    Incorporated
    Killjoys

Sci-Fi
    Fringe
    X-Files
    Quantum Leap
    Carnivale (fantasy like)
    X-Files
    Humans
    The 4400 
    Firefly
    American Gods
    Dr Who

The Magicians is one of those shows I'm almost skeptical telling people I enjoy for fear of judgement but it's very entertaining.  12 Monkeys I always wanted to get into but it was always replayed through Hulu which I do not have and I missed the 1st season.  Let me know if you think it was a good run as it's fairly high on my priority list.  Dark Matter was a very fun turn your brain off and just enjoy science fiction type of show.  I wasn't devastated to see it go but I would have liked for it to continue.
    I gave up caring about that a long time ago ;) I only recommend it to people I think will like it however. 

12 Monkeys was an underrated jewel (IMO) for SyFy. For the most part they kept their time travel rules in place even when the story got twisty. It wasn’t an A+ type show, but it knew it’s lane and stuck to it. They were also able to finish out on their terms. It might be easier to follow some/much of it if you are watching binge style. I’m thinking about picking up the 1st 3 seasons of this show on ITunes as they are on sale for ~10 right now (discs are more expensive and harder to come by). 
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Oh I totally forgot the Magicians which is amazing and wacky. It just takes a bit to kick off. Childhoods End was very good and BSG ofc. 

Fringe, Colony, Humans and American Gods I recommend for science fiction lovers. Also Lost In Space and Altered carbon. 
    KingKobra
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Channel Zero is a pretty good horror anthology. I've only seen the second season but it was refreshing to see a horror show take the horror aspect seriously after watching AHS.
    Elisa
  • KingKobra said:
    KingKobra said:
    12 Monkeys
    The Magicians
    Dark Matter
    Z Nation
    Eureka
    Warehouse 13
    Stargate SG-1
    Stargate Atlantis
    Stargate SGU
    Childhood’s End
    Incorporated
    Killjoys

Sci-Fi
    Fringe
    X-Files
    Quantum Leap
    Carnivale (fantasy like)
    X-Files
    Humans
    The 4400 
    Firefly
    American Gods
    Dr Who

I gave up caring about that a long time ago ;) I only recommend it to people I think will like it however. 

12 Monkeys was an underrated jewel (IMO) for SyFy. For the most part they kept their time travel rules in place even when the story got twisty. It wasn’t an A+ type show, but it knew it’s lane and stuck to it. They were also able to finish out on their terms. It might be easier to follow some/much of it if you are watching binge style. I’m thinking about picking up the 1st 3 seasons of this show on ITunes as they are on sale for ~10 right now (discs are more expensive and harder to come by). 
    Good to know regarding 12 Monkeys.  I'll have to do some research into where I can stream it but if Hulu still has all of it I might be joining Hulu for a month just to watch through both seasons of Handmaid's Tale and probably will watch through 12 Monkeys before I cancel it.  
  • KingKobra said:
    KingKobra said:
    12 Monkeys
    The Magicians
    Dark Matter
    Z Nation
    Eureka
    Warehouse 13
    Stargate SG-1
    Stargate Atlantis
    Stargate SGU
    Childhood’s End
    Incorporated
    Killjoys

Sci-Fi
    Fringe
    X-Files
    Quantum Leap
    Carnivale (fantasy like)
    X-Files
    Humans
    The 4400 
    Firefly
    American Gods
    Dr Who

Good to know regarding 12 Monkeys.  I'll have to do some research into where I can stream it but if Hulu still has all of it I might be joining Hulu for a month just to watch through both seasons of Handmaid's Tale and probably will watch through 12 Monkeys before I cancel it.  
    Hulu also has Castle Rock (new show set in Steven King universe) and 11.22.63 (Steven King based show) ;)
    awookiee