The Muppets

I saw this question on Twitter and thought it was perfect for the Bald Move brain trust.

You can replace the cast of any movie with The Muppets (I suppose you can change the script as need-be to make it more Muppet-ish), but you keep one of the human actors. What movie and which actor do you choose?

I’m going with The Godfather / Pacino.

Comments

• MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    The Lord of the Rings.

Every single character in the movie is a Muppet, the Hobbits, Elves, Orcs, Ents, etc.

Except Gandalf. It's Ian McKellen doing his amazing work with nothing but foam Muppets around him.

Bonus: Gollum is also in Muppet form, his wispy hair lends itself well to 'Muppet Hair,' and he must be played by Andy Serkis.
    JoshuaHeterJaimieT
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Blade Runner, both movies. The first movie is Harrison Ford as Deckard with muppets, Rachel played by a dour Miss Piggy. In the second movie Deckard is a Harrison Ford muppet to symbolize his reinterpretation as a replicant, and Ryan Gosling remains. But none of that "Am I a man or a muppet" stuff, Ryan Gosling is still wondering if he's human in a world populated by muppets.
    JoshuaHeterA_Ron_Hubbard
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Scarface. Puppets and coke. Waffles and butter.
    JoshuaHeterA_Ron_Hubbard
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    not a movie but an episode of Rick & Morty. only human is Chris Parnell playing Jerry.
    JaimieTMattyWeaves
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    The Star Wars Prequels, keep Natalie Portman
    JaimieTJoshuaHeter
    Frakkin T said:

That's hilarious. Alternate: Obiwan, blissfully unaware he doesn't fit in.
    Frakkin TJoshuaHeter
  • I saw this on Twitter and I wish I could take credit for this because when I read it I laughed for quite a while:

Human Centipede, keep the guy in the middle
    MattyWeavesA_Ron_Hubbard
  • Close Encounters
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    JaimieT said:
    Frakkin T said:

That's hilarious. Alternate: Obiwan, blissfully unaware he doesn't fit in.

He would be taller than everyone, and therefore would always have the high ground.
    JaimieT
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Jaws, keep Roy Scheider. Can you imagine Quint getting eaten as a Muppet? Although Sonny Corleone at the toolbooth would also be a laugh riot.
    ChinaskijohnnytruantcdriveJoshuaHeterFreddy
  • Jaws, keep Roy Scheider. Can you imagine Quint getting eaten as a Muppet? Although Sonny Corleone at the toolbooth would also be a laugh riot.
    The Indianapolis monologue would take on a weird meta at the doll's eyes part.
    CapeGabe
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited July 2018
    Aliens, keep Paul Reiser.  With the chestburster scene it’s Pepe the Prawn. 
    ChinaskiMattyWeavesFreddy
  • This just came to me. It’s probably the best idea I’ve ever had (at least in my top 10)...

All of the Fast and Furious movies, keep either Vin Diesel or Paul Walker (RIP)... also The Rock or all 3...

Why hasn’t The Rock been in a Muppets movie?!
    ChinaskicdriveJaimieT
    Why hasn’t The Rock been in a Muppets movie?!
    only a matter of time dude. and be certain, there will be plenty of singing. cause The Rock has the voice of jacked up angel.
    JoshuaHeterJaimieT
    now i kinda want a Breakfast Club Muppet movie. with Principal Dick, excuse me.. Rich.. Vernon being the only human. Gonzo can play Bender, Kermit can play Andrew, throw some red hair on Miss Piggy and she can play Claire. yes please.
    MattyWeavescdriveJoshuaHeterJaimieT
    Would Citizen Kane be diminished if Orson Welles were acting with Muppets? I think not.
    tom_gkingbee67
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited July 2018
    Reservoir Dogs, keep Steve Buscemi.  Animal takes over Michael Madsen's role.

• amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Beaker in everything. He's my homeboy.
    JoshuaHeterCretanBull
  • Inception with Leonardo Dicaprio as himself would be pretty good.  Also I think The Dark Knight would be good with all muppets except for Heath Ledger.  Finally my favorite (although it's a show not a movie) would be Game of Thrones with Peter Dinklage playing Tyrion, having Kit Harington would also be good but I think Dinklage would be my number 1 pick.
    JoshuaHeter
    Inception with Leonardo Dicaprio as himself would be pretty good.  Also I think The Dark Knight would be good with all muppets except for Heath Ledger.  Finally my favorite (although it's a show not a movie) would be Game of Thrones with Peter Dinklage playing Tyrion, having Kit Harington would also be good but I think Dinklage would be my number 1 pick.

Obligatory

awookiee
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited July 2018
    I don’t like the idea of a human actor, at least in a main role.
    So if I had to The Graduate. Piggy as Miss Robinson. Kermit as the main. Fozzy as the husband of Robinson. Gonzo as the guy that says “plastics” Ralph the Dog asthe landloard played by Norman Fell. The human is the dumb Robinson daughter.

The follow up is also 1967s Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner.

Orson Wells was in The Muppet Movie.

edited July 2018
    ya @kingbee67 that's what made me think of it; I wanted to post a pic of Orson & Kermit together but I didn't want to step on my own joke :)
  • Chucky, but Chucky is a human and all the humans are muppets. 
    Chinaski
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    edited July 2018
    I just answere this over on Facebook - I’ve had a really detailed Jurassic Park cast planned out for EVER!!!! Keeping Ian malcolm aka Jeff goldblum, of course!!!

Bunsen honeydew as dr hammond
    Janice as Ellie
    Kermit as Alan grant
    Scooter plays nedry
    Gonzo plays the dr in the lab (dr woo? I think)
    Beeker plays Tim
    Pepe plays Lex
    Fozzie as the raptor hunter guy
    Rowlf as ray Arnold
    Sam the eagle as the lawyer
    Piggie as the t-rex