Bohemian Rhapsody trailers

MichelleMichelle California
edited July 19 in Movies
There are a couple of trailers out now for this movie, which centers around Freddie Mercury/Queen in the period leading to their appearance at Live Aid in '85.  There was some controversy over the casting of Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury, mostly from diehard fans wondering if he a)would look enough like him, and b)would be any good in the role.  After watching these trailers, I can say that they did a decently passable job at making him look like Freddie, and his acting looks to be on point.  I wasn't a *huge* Queen fan back in the day or even really now, but I like enough of their music that I think I really want to see this.  And it just looks like it's going to be pretty good.  I wonder if this is going to be a day one Bald Movies, @A_Ron_Hubbard & @Jim ?

JoshuaHeterElisaNaugustine

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    And now I'm moved to watch their Live Aid performance.  Damn, he was talented.

JoshuaHeterOldGriswold
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    I'm very dubious about this movie. Sacha Baron Cohen backed out of it because he said that the living Queen members wanted it to be a very sanitised version of events, leaving out a lot of the grittier stuff about Freddie's life. 
    KingKobra
    edited July 19
    amyja89 said:
    I'm very dubious about this movie. Sacha Baron Cohen backed out of it because he said that the living Queen members wanted it to be a very sanitised version of events, leaving out a lot of the grittier stuff about Freddie's life. 
    There seems to be some pretty gritty stuff in the trailers.  Maybe they just didn’t like Cohen or there was some disagreement between him and them?

Edit:  I just went to Brian May’s Instagram, and he posted with an enthusiastic response to the trailer.  So it sounds like they’re on board with Rami.
    Elisa
  • Michelle said:
    amyja89 said:
    There seems to be some pretty gritty stuff in the trailers.  Maybe they just didn’t like Cohen or there was some disagreement between him and them?

Edit:  I just went to Brian May’s Instagram, and he posted with an enthusiastic response to the trailer.  So it sounds like they’re on board with Rami.
    I'm a huge fan of Rami Malek.  Even his role in the horrible movie Need for Speed I enjoyed.  The part where he just strips down nude so he can't ever be re-hired at the place he works was extremely comical.  He absolutely killed it in Mr. Robot, specifically season 1, which he won an Emmy for Best Actor.  I can't wait to see Bohemian Rhapsody.  I was never huge into Queen as they were before my time but I certainly like a lot of their music and it's very popular in movies which I always relate songs to what movies I remember seeing them in.
    Elisa
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    They are making fantastic use of Queen’s music in those trailers. The film itself looks like it’s gonna be a hot mess, but I’m still hyped as hell to see it, lol. 
    Elisa
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Can't wait to see the movie.  Rami is gonna kill it!
    Michelle
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    edited July 19
    I’ve been obsessing over the trailer since it was released a couple months back (wait - is there a new one!?! Omg I have to check!) 

i am absolutely 100% on board with rami Malek, he definitely has the look of Freddie; and Queen has said that his voice is about as perfect as you can get to freddie’s! Yes, Rami sings in the movie - the trailers they use Freddie’s own voice. 

I am so stoked to see this. I can’t wait. We’ve been to quite a few movies over the last couple of months since the trailer was released and I have YET to see the trailer on the big screen... can’t a girl get a big glimpse of her crush!?! 

OMG OMG A NEW TRAILER TO OBSESS OVER!!!

https://youtu.be/ZQ5uRRIZrBI

ok this link plays the second trailer, then the first trailer after it!

https://youtu.be/he3SgbRwv60

And here’s the original first trailer (if this was a video tape of mine it would be worn out by now LOL!)

https://youtu.be/6S9c5nnDd_s
    MichelleElisa
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I think it looks fantastic. That is all. 
    ElisaMichelleTaraC73
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    What I saw and took away from the trailers is that yes, they are going to have a lot of scenes with the band practicing and performing, but that they also get into Freddy's life, from how he became the band's lead vocalist to the end of his life.  There was a quick cut where he asks, "what if I don't have time?" and his appearance was modeled after Freddie's style toward the last year(s).  I think there will also be drama in between - calling back to the scene where the man throws a bunch of pages at a car that is pulling away.  I don't think at all that it'll be just music and that's pretty much it.  I have a feeling this is going to be really, really good.
    TaraC73
  • I'm a huge Queen fan and have no issue at all with Malek in the role, but this movie looks terrible.  I'm still gonna see it, but it looks terrible :)
    DeeTaraC73
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    I suppose it's okay if they focus on Bohemian Rhapsody, but if we don't get at least 10 minutes of Princes of the Universe, we revolt!
    TaraC73
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    My kids all love queens Music and I showed my 11 year old the trailer because it’s awesome how they use the music to frame all the scenes... she said she wants to see the movie but she probably won’t be able to. I said why not? She said it will probably be rated R. I said dad and I will see it first and if it’s appropriate for you I’ll take you. She said I highly doubt it will be appropriate for any kids, you know how that rock n roll lifestyle is! I swear the things she says crack me up sometimes :)
    Michelle
    I just got out from seeing this - it was SOOOOOO GOOD!!!!! The theater was packed and a lot of people applauded at the end, and almost everyone stayed through the end of the credits until the lights came on. They need to hand the Oscar to Rami Malek right now.  Forget the ceremony, just give him all the awards. I can’t wait to hear what the guys thought!
    Elisa