"Castle Rock" on Hulu

Trying to crowdsource some thoughts...  My hulu app has been pushing notifications on my phone about the series.  Has anybody checked it out? Evidently existing in the Stephen King world,  and has a Skarsgard.   I may put on an episode tonight.

Comments

• kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    Yes I watched the three they posted. It’s got me hooked so far.
    groovydooleyElisaDeeChetan
  • The notification had like 3 or 4 keywords that made me instantly want to check it out.  Some combination of spooky, thriller, stephen king, and skarsgard.  I just said, "fuck me" and decided to check with you all lol
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    I spent a large chunk of my adolescence & early adulthood reading about Castle Rock and I am very excited for this. It's a little strange that it's a lot of new stories and new characters but I'm going to go in with an open mind. I just REALLY want to see Ace Merrill as a character. You'd probably remember him best as played by Keifer Sutherland in Stand By Me: 

groovydooleyDee
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    I saw at least one reference to a previous King story that takes place in that town. There is a little documentary on Netflix about Castle Rock. It was made for Hulu.

I like the Girl that played the stalker on that crappy Two And Half Men show is on the show. Also the main girl from Suburgatory. Scott Glenn is there straight outta the Leftovers.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gguenotgguenot CA
    edited July 2018
    I’m a HUGE King fan. So many Easter eggs in the first 5 mins! The revolver loading just like the beginning of Shawshank, the operatic music that Andy Duphrene plays that gets him locked up in solitary! I’m geeking out!
    Frakkin T
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    gguenot said:
    I’m a HUGE King fan. So many Easter eggs in the first 5 mins! The revolver loading just like the beginning of Shawshank, the operatic music that Andy Duphrene plays that gets him locked up in solitary! I’m geeking out!
    I'm about to start;; this is getting me so hyped :) 
    gguenot
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited July 2018
    I just watched the first episode, planning to watch the second one sometime when I get around to it. 

I just started the second one... 
    gguenotElisaEine Frau
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Is Henry Denver a character from one of the books? His name seems familiar but I have the memory of a goldfish. :-/ 
  • Watched the first 2 last night and I’m loving it. Really surprised because this could have been painfully clumsy and generic, but it actually has a great tone and style to it. Cast is amazing, even the small parts; Scott Glenn, Terry O’Quinn, Frances Conroy, Sissy Spacek, on and on.

I’m enjoying it a lot as a King fan, but I think even if you only have a passing familiarity with some of his stuff you could still enjoy this as a solid mystery show. The characters and story are not dependent on King knowledge, just enhanced.

Hope the guys give it some Bald Move TV love!

(if they don’t I highly recommend The Losers Club podcast for all things Stevie King)
    Elisa
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    I've been interested in this since I saw the first trailer drop that included references to EVERY Stephen King novel ever. Given that this is all taking place in the Stephen King universe (the SKU), I thought it was weird and kind of cool that they cast the Skarsgard kid who played PennyWise the clown in the recent IT movie as one of the main characters who is presumably not portraying Pennywise in this series. The cast looks great.

I haven't watched the first episode yet, but I'm glad that it's getting most positive reviews so far.
    Elisa
  • Seen the first 3 eps. If you love Stephen King, you'll dig this. Small - something's not right here - town. Fantastic cast, from head to toe. Looking forward to the rest of this. 
    DeeElisa
  • Agree with others that have posted here. Watched the 1st 3 tonight and really enjoyed it. I’m sure I missed a ton of references (not a die hard king fan) , but did pick up on a few here and there. I think this show could stand on its own as it is now, the SKU just adds a little spice and depth that should make rewatches more interesting. 
    Elisa
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    edited July 2018
    BTW, anyone wanting more information on the Castle Rock town and it's place in the SKU, there's a Wiki on it.The wiki isn't not a reference to the Hulu show or any show spoilers, but gives you a background on town.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Rock_(Stephen_King)
    gguenot
  • One thing, I think I’m going to hold off watching for at least a few weeks. They released the 1st 3 at once and now it will be once a week. This is a show I’ll want to watch multiple episodes at once. 
    Elisa
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    KingKobra said:
    One thing, I think I’m going to hold off watching for at least a few weeks. They released the 1st 3 at once and now it will be once a week. This is a show I’ll want to watch multiple episodes at once. 
    Same. I’m kind of wishing I hadn’t watched the first three - just saved the whole season up and ploughed through it all over a weekend. 
    KingKobra
  • Dee said:
    KingKobra said:
    One thing, I think I’m going to hold off watching for at least a few weeks. They released the 1st 3 at once and now it will be once a week. This is a show I’ll want to watch multiple episodes at once. 
    Same. I’m kind of wishing I hadn’t watched the first three - just saved the whole season up and ploughed through it all over a weekend. 
    Same, I was just going to watch episode one, ended up watching all 3. I really need to work on my self control :D 
    DeeElisa
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I like that Hulu is doing it that way though, I sort of can't stand the Netflix binge-mode thing. I understand why people do, for sure. But it really makes the thing less memorable. I will forget that I even watched a show because it came and went without me having time to ponder and think about it week to week. With that said, some shows are definitely better viewed in a binge. I'm positive I wouldn't have been nearly as frustrated with Westworld if I watched episodes back-to-back. 
    Elisa