M:I-Fallout spoilers

I loved this film, what are everyone’s thoughts?

Comments

• edited July 2018
    I really enjoyed it.  I almost feel like I need to go back and rewatch the others to really give an honest ranking but I think I like Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation Better than this one but the new one was right behind those.  I really did like the plot quite a bit and the fact Hunt had to bust out the guy he brought in in the last movie was cool.  It's been quite a while since I've seen the first 3 Mission Impossible movies though so I might be having a little recency bias with my rankings.

Although this movie was action packed and full of stunts I feel like the stunts in Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation were more impressive.  I still can't get over him climbing the Burj Khalifa building in Ghost Protocol.  That has to be one of the most awe inspiring jaw dropping things I've seen in the movies.  And the fact that none of that was CGI except for the sandstorm coming in makes it even more impressive.  Tom Cruise's dedication to doing his own stunts to the level that he is doing is impressive.

https://www.theloop.ca/10-death-defying-stunts-youd-never-believe-tom-cruise-performed/
    seanray
  • My ranking is-

and this had the best pre credits sequence in the series.
  • seanray said:
    My ranking is-

and this had the best pre credits sequence in the series.
    I'm going to make it a point to rewatch the series in the near future, I'll make sure to come back find this thread and post my rankings.  I'm surprised you had number 4 as low as it was.  I really think that's either my number 1 or 2 of the series.  
    seanray
  • I love the entire series, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t like how quirky things get in 4. The airbag Hanaway drops and falls onto in the flashback, the optical illusion screen, the reversable generals jacket Ethan has. You can tell a Pixar guy directed it.
    3 and 4 could flip honestly in my ranking. But I think the bridge attack knocks 3 just a tad higher than 4.
  • ivarvassivarvass Norway
    edited August 2018
    Havent watched mi since mi2, which was a real trainwreck. this time they shot some mountain scenes where my family farm is situated in south western norway, staging it as kashmir. They even had a watch party with a full fledged outdoor cinema there this week. Probably looks badass on screen. I guess i wont watch it though as i cant watch movies anymore, because of tv being so much better  :D

seanray
  • So is mustache superman a good or bad guy?
    seanray
  • Hatorian said:
    So is mustache superman a good or bad guy?
    Beings you're asking for the spoiler in the spoilers thread, he's a bad guy.  
    seanray
  • Knew it
    seanray
  • Hatorian said:
    Knew it
    He did kill it in his role.  I know he was pushing to try and be the next James Bond and I would sign off on that.  I think he'd do extremely well in an action role that's not related to the DC universe.
    seanray
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    We watched 4 and 5 the day before seeing this and they're some of the most fun action movies ever. They just never let up and are really well shot and directed. They don't give you enough time to think about some of the dumber shit the plot hinges on so it gets away with a lot of bullshit other movies couldn't.

awookieeseanray
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    I also enjoyed the subtle comedy in there too. Like when Ethan rescues Walker after they jump out of the plane. When they land on the building Walker just casuals says "hey, it looks like you lost your oxygen tank".
    seanray
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited August 2018
    @Jim and @A_Ron_Hubbard need to see the last MI film (Rogue Nation) ... I thought the plotting was a bit better in that one, plus they do a better job with the Ilsa character - although the last 15 minutes in Kashmir in Fallout is probably the best or close to the best action sequence of any of the movies in the franchise.

My ranking:

I also could flip 4 & 3 - PSH is probably the best villain of the whole series in 3 and I typically like JJ Abrams shenanigans, and 4 has a pretty generic villian. But 4 has the Burj...

I caught a good chunk of 1 the other week on tv and it still holds up too IMO, the CIA computer heist is still probably the most recognizable scene from the whole franchise. And Max was a great foil to Ethan.
    awookieeseanrayRyanReeseman
  • My ranking:

Rogue Nation
    Fallout
    Ghost Protocol
    Mission Impossible
    M:I 3
    M:I 2

seanray
This discussion has been closed.