“The First” trailer Sci-fi drama on Hulu

edited July 28 in Other TV
New sci-if show starting September 14th on Hulu that stars Sean Penn:

https://youtu.be/1GvL9quPI10

ElisaJoshuaHeter

Comments

• Trailer doesn't really give a whole lot, but I can see that being good. The music makes me think they are going to mirror the style of Interstellar, which I'm fine with. The "From the Creator of House of Cards" has me a little worried since that show took a steep dive off a cliff. I'll probably still give it a shot. 
    Elisa
  • That does have a distinctly Interstellar feel about it.  A little searching tells me it’s about humans first manned trip to Mars, although the visual language of the trailer tells me it’ll be about the emotional cost of that trip and how it binds humanity while tearing those directly involved with the project to pieces.  Honestly I think that sounds great, sign me up!  I never watched House of Cards so I can’t speak to Willimon’s track record, but after Handmaid’s Tale I trust Hulu to make a high quality product.
    Elisa
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Though I kinda despise Sean Penn, I am willing to give it a couple of episodes.
    CapeGabe
  • Elisa said:
    Though I kinda despise Sean Penn, I am willing to give it a couple of episodes.
    That's funny, I'm a huge space nerd and I just texted my cousin that I'm so torn because I want to watch the show because of the subject but don't want to watch Sean Penn.

I guess I can always hope that on the voyage over his cabin decompresses and he gets blown into the vacuum.
    Elisa