Ringer's Top 100

2»

Comments

• MrXMrX CO
    edited August 2018
    The Ringer also did a "Recappables" episode today on the Constant. Just listened to it while grocery shopping and walking the dog. I was going to catch up on Sharp Objects tonight, but now I just want to watch The Constant ... thanks Ringer.
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    MrX said:
    The Ringer also did a "Recappables" episode today on the Constant. Just listened to it while grocery shopping and walking the dog. I was going to catch up on Sharp Objects tonight, but now I just want to watch The Constant ... thanks Ringer.
    Thanks!  I’ll have to check it out!
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Dummy said:
    I know these lists are never 100% perfect and everyone will have their opinions things go, but "Margate Sands" from Boardwalk Empire is in my top 10. Boardwalk didn't even make it to the top 100. That's some flat out BOWLshit.
    Is that the S3 finale? Because YES. 
    Dummy
  • Jim said:
    They picked the perfect episodes for some shows such as Dexter, Silicon Valley, The Leftovers, No Reservations, Justified, Breaking Bad, True Detective, LOST.

However, they completely whiffed on the Always Sunny pick.  I really didn't care for that episode and it's not very representative of what that show is.  The absolute correct pick is The Nightman Cometh, the finale from season 4, but there are at least 10 other episodes which are far better than the one they picked.
    I agree Nightman Cometh is the better episode. But i would argue that Nightman is less representative of the show given the whole concept is Seinfield on steroids with horrible dengerates. Nightman is a classic, but you get hardly anything out of the characters real personalities.

I would argue you would need to break down the best episodes by character. 

Dennis: Dennis System
    Charlie: Charlie Work
    Frank: either The gang gives Frank an Intervention or Being Frank
    Mac: Mac Day
    Dee: The Gang broke Dee

BTW they announced episode 1 for S13: Not surprising. "The Gang Makes Paddy's Great Again"
    Dee
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Jim said:
    They picked the perfect episodes for some shows such as Dexter, Silicon Valley, The Leftovers, No Reservations, Justified, Breaking Bad, True Detective, LOST.

However, they completely whiffed on the Always Sunny pick.  I really didn't care for that episode and it's not very representative of what that show is.  The absolute correct pick is The Nightman Cometh, the finale from season 4, but there are at least 10 other episodes which are far better than the one they picked.
    Hmm...I think I would still go with se2 ep10 as the best Leftovers episode. I just remember crying three different times during that season finale. And I judge a lot of television episodes on how they are able to combine execution with how much they get me to be lost in my emotions. Once I hear the piano theme starting, it’s over. I feel like that Leftovers episode was it’s peak at doing that.
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I agree with the spongebob pick - Band Geeks has always been my favorite <3

I am surprised that West Wing didn’t make it into the list :( I would have put Two Cathedrals, the season 2 finale.

Sopranos choice was pretty good although I would have chosen Long Term Parking.

cool list, thanks for sharing!
    Dummy
  • Noel said:
    Jim said:

Hmm...I think I would still go with se2 ep10 as the best Leftovers episode. I just remember crying three different times during that season finale. And I judge a lot of television episodes on how they are able to combine execution with how much they get me to be lost in my emotions. Once I hear the piano theme starting, it’s over. I feel like that Leftovers episode was it’s peak at doing that.
    That piano theme was brilliantly used throughout the entire series and added so much more of a gut punch than if it weren't there.  The Leftovers has been brought up way too much lately, I really want to go back and rewatch it but I just don't have time.
    Noel
  • TaraC73 said:

I am surprised that West Wing didn’t make it into the list :( I would have put Two Cathedrals, the season 2 finale.

Two Cathedrals is #12 on the list lol. 
    Travis
    asmallcat said:
    TaraC73 said:

Two Cathedrals is #12 on the list lol. 
    Oh Jesus Christ... remind me to not tired-post anymore LOL!! <span>:wink:</span>
    asmallcat
  • Hatorian said:
    Jim said:

I agree Nightman Cometh is the better episode. But i would argue that Nightman is less representative of the show given the whole concept is Seinfield on steroids with horrible dengerates. Nightman is a classic, but you get hardly anything out of the characters real personalities.

I would argue you would need to break down the best episodes by character. 

Dennis: Dennis System
    Charlie: Charlie Work
    Frank: either The gang gives Frank an Intervention or Being Frank
    Mac: Mac Day
    Dee: The Gang broke Dee

BTW they announced episode 1 for S13: Not surprising. "The Gang Makes Paddy's Great Again"
    Maybe a Cricket episode would be a good representation of the whole show.  I dunno, it's hard to pick one for that.  But when I think Always Sunny it's either Nightman Cometh or A Very Sunny Christmas.
    Hatorian
  • Noel said:
    Jim said:

Excellent episode, no doubt. Something about the guramba of an episode like International Assassin makes me really respect it.  Not a safe move but one that absolutely paid off.  That's why I'd agree with them.  You're not wrong though... man, the season 2 finale.  so good.
    Noel
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited August 2018
    Yeah this is easily my favorite Always Sunny moment ever ever ever period:

Dee
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    edited August 2018
    TaraC73 said:

Same. Long Term Parking is my favorite Sopranos episode and it regularly battles it out for favorite episode of television. The Pine Barrens is a similarly great episode, but it just doesn't pack the emotional heft that LTP does. 
    TaraC73
    TaraC73 said:

Same. Long Term Parking is my favorite Sopranos episode and it regularly battles it out for favorite episode of television. The Pine Barrens is a similarly great episode, but it just doesn't pack the emotional heft that LTP does. 
    Yup, when it clicks with Adrianna what’s going to happen to her it’s just heartbreaking.
    Dummy
  • So, I'm looking at the list again and finally reached honest frustration when I noticed that an episode of Grey's Anatomy is at #11. This is what, 30 spots ahead of Parks and Rec, around 34 spots ahead of The Leftovers? Not hating on Grey's Anatomy, it was a pretty good show for a while, but to rate it so high is downright egregious.

Also, where I do see how The OC pilot lands on this list, putting it at 9 is complete insanity.