Guy Fieri

Fieri is currently trying to salvage the smoldering ruins of an out of control wildfire. He must really want that Walking Dead showrunner gig.

https://www.esquire.com/food-drink/a22601027/guy-fieri-california-wildfire-food-aid/
MurderbearMichelleChinaskiTravis

Comments

• I would never want to hang out with our eat with Fieri, but he does seem like a genuinely good guy. 
    MurderbearTaraC73Natter Cast
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited July 31
    So, here's the deal... Guy Fieri is from originally from Humboldt County.  Central Humboldt County and Redding are 3 hours apart, but many people from this area (Humboldt) have ties to Redding, either with friends or family or both living there.  So beyond it being a total humanitarian act, I'm sure he feels a bit of an obligation to help.  Some people might not care for him, and I think he showboats a bit, but when it comes down to it, in moments like this, he really does show that he has a heart and cares about the people.  I can only commend him for that.  I think what he's doing is fantastic.
    DoubleA_RonKingKobraChinaskimajjam0770russkellyNatter Cast
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited August 1
    I hadn't looked at the actual article. I just saw the post headline and used it as an excuse to forward that twitter post that cracked me up. Anyways, now having corrected that. That's super cool of him. Kudos!

I actually have a lot of family in Redding. My Grandma and a couple of my cousins have been evacuated. Luckily my aunt is safely outside of all of this and is housing everyone until things sort out. Hopefully no one loses their house (I'm actually a little worried about my cousin's place as she is kind of in the boonies). Guy has earned a lot of good points in my book with this. Douche-y as he may come off, good job dude.
    MichelleNatter CastLandscraping
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    he did the same last year during the Napa fires. pretty rad of him if you ask me. i background watch the crap outta DDD and GGG, i have no reason to hate. plus i can do a mean impression of the guy.
    MichelleNatter Cast
    Travis said:
    I didn't look at the actual article. I just saw the post headline and used it as an excuse to forward that twitter post that cracked me up. Anyways, that is super cool of him. Kudos!

I actually have a lot of family in Redding. My Grandma and a couple of my cousins have been evacuated. Luckily my aunt is safely outside of all of this and is housing everyone until things sort out. Hopefully no one loses their house (I'm actually a little worried about my cousin's place as she is kind of in the boonies). Guy has earned a lot of good points in my book with this. Douche-y as he may come off, good job dude.
    Same.  I have a cousin who just moved there with her husband a few months ago.  They’d been evacuated but were able to go back to their place today.  Thankfully their home is still standing.  Have any of your family heard anything yet about their homes or been able to go back?  Sending good thoughts and hoping for rain soon!
    TravisNatter Cast
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    MattyWeavescdriveNatter Cast
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited August 1
    Michelle said:
    Travis said:
    I didn't look at the actual article. I just saw the post headline and used it as an excuse to forward that twitter post that cracked me up. Anyways, that is super cool of him. Kudos!

Same.  I have a cousin who just moved there with her husband a few months ago.  They’d been evacuated but were able to go back to their place today.  Thankfully their home is still standing.  Have any of your family heard anything yet about their homes or been able to go back?  Sending good thoughts and hoping for rain soon!
    Here. here. My cousin's really long time girlfriend (they're more or less married, just not actually married), her parents lost their house. Everyone is out and ok, but man it totally sucks. I can't even imagine. They're really great people.
    Natter Cast
    Travis said:
    Michelle said:
    Travis said:

Here. here. My cousin's really long time girlfriend (they're more or less married, just not actually married), her parents lost their house. Everyone is out and ok, but man it totally sucks. I can't even imagine. They're really great people.
    Aw man, that's horrible. :(  I'm so sorry.   
    TravisNatter Cast
  • Yeah, it's a bummer. I've met her mom in passing and she was really nice. It really sucks when this stuff happens to anybody, but stings that much more when it's really good people. I hope your cousin's place stays safe. 

To my knowledge, and between Facebook and family chatter I would have heard, I think they're in the same situation. No news is good news though. Hopefully this will all pass soon. Thanks for asking.
    Natter Cast
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    dang @Travis that's awful news. if they have a GoFundMe or anything like that you can send my way and i'd be glad to contribute.
    MichelleTravisNatter Cast
    Chinaski said:
    dang @Travis that's awful news. if they have a GoFundMe or anything like that you can send my way and i'd be glad to contribute.
    I would like to as well, if one is available.
    TravisNatter CastChinaski
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    I stopped trying to hate him. He's awesome. I'll eat all his food. I've seen every ep of Diners a kajillion times. :)
    MichelleNatter CastChinaski
  • @Chinaski @Michelle That is so incredibly kind. I really appreciate that. I'll look into it and let you know. Thank you again. That is so incredibly nice of you.
    MichelleNatter CastChinaski
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    @Travis @Michelle just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you guys and your family & friends.  I hope everyone stays safe and these fire crews can contain it as soon as possible.  That is some super scary stuff, and the stories are heartbreaking.  I know this post here with 75 cents can get you a cup of coffee, but just wanted to say my heart is going out westward today to you all.

As for Guy....alright yeah....Guy Fieri bashing is so 2013.  I'll admit I was first in line to dog that dude cause of his whole douchelord get-up and for bacon-wrapping spring rolls & shit like that.  But also it was cause of those murmurs that he was a raging homophobe, and I know I'm stereotyping here and that isn't a good thing, but his whole dude-bro appearance does sorta put off a homophoby vibe.  I too recently saw that Shane Torres stand-up bit on Conan, cause I've been a huge Conan fan since the 90's, and it changed my opinion. I felt sorta shitty after hearing all he's done. Sorry, Guy. Let your frosted tips fly freely in the wind you magnificent goateed bastard.   
    TravisMichelleNatter CastChinaski
    @cdrive thanks - as of the last I heard yesterday, it was 35% contained.  They're making headway.

TravisChinaski
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    edited August 2
    I know Napa has a reputation for being populated with wine-soaked coastal elitists...and it is...but you don't have to spend more than one weekend on the Russian River to know that Guy Fieri fits right in. 

Anyone who is willing to pay $2000 to go to Burning Man has no business criticizing someone for having gaudy taste in clothes or vehicles :)
    Chinaski
  • @cdrive Thanks man! I actually just got some good news. My Grandma and my cousins were allowed to return home today and it looks like they're in the clear (aside from damage to land surrounding my cousin's house. From what my dad said their neighborhood is kind of a mess, but nothing happened to the house itself). So, some good news. :-)
    MichellecdriveNatter CastChinaskiDoubleA_Ron
    @Travis that's excellent news!  I'm so glad to hear it!
    TravisChinaski
  • Thanks @Michelle! I appreciate that. Is your cousin's place officially in the clear? When you said yesterday that they were allowed to go home was it for good, or just to go back to check up on things/get things?
    ChinaskiNatter CastMichelle
    Travis said:
    Thanks @Michelle! I appreciate that. Is your cousin's place officially in the clear? When you said yesterday that they were allowed to go home was it for good, or just to go back to check up on things/get things?

They are fully in the clear.  They just need to clean the ash off of everything outside.  Their home and everything around it was thankfully untouched.  It's a bittersweet feeling though, being thankful for something while others lost everything.  All of my best wishes are with your cousin's girlfriend's parents and all of the others whose lives were destroyed by this devastating fire.

Side note, it all started from a vehicle towing something - the chain was dragging on the cement and created sparks, which lit up some dry grass and spread unbelievably quickly.  I can't imagine the guilt these people must feel.  :(
    Traviscdrive
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yeah, my wife and I were just talking about that the other day. It's just been insane this year (roping in December and the Thomas Fire). 
    Michelle
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    Next up on "Guy Fieri Wants To Run The Walking Dead,": Fieri hijacks a train and crashes it into an agricultural fertilizer exposition, creating the nation's first literal trainwreck shit show.
    Traviscdriveduncanpowers