Bald Move TV Time Stamps

Hey boys,

Do you think you could add a time stamp to your Bald Move TV podcast? For instance, on your latest cast, I'd like to listen to your thoughts on The Jinx, but I have yet to see Banshee and I don't want to get spoiled. If you added the Start Time for each section it would be helpful.

Maureen Ryan from Talking TV with Ryan and Ryan does this on their cast and it is helpful.

Cold Rolled Steel.
Nock! Draw! Loose!

Comments

• How hard is it to do chapters like The Walking Dead Cast has?
  • HollyoakHollyoak Baltimore
    I've never heard that cast, steph_b. Why do they need chapters? Just wondering.
  • They have a comic spoiler section. You can skip it completely by tabbing to the next chapter. They also have a couple other segments within the show. The chapters allow you to skip directly to the beginning of the next segment. It's pretty cool.
    Interesting, steph_b. I like what Jim and A. Ron do with having the spoiler section at the end of the podcast.

I'd really like to listen to that spoiler section, but I resist. I wonder if I would be upset if I did. I don't think Jim has read the comics, but I guess he knows spoilers since they do that.

I know a lot of stuff on the show is different from the comics, so maybe it really doesn't matter. Then again, the show does portray a lot of comic stuff.

It's a quandary!
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    @Hollyoak  The Jinx discussion starts at 1:11:46.
    Thanks,

pavlovsbell!

• Time stamps would be very useful. 
    Chapterizing is a pain in the ass, and not all players respect it. But adding time codes isn't nearly as much work.
    steph_b
  • yeah, the reason we don't add chapters is because .mp3 files are the standard across all devices.  In order to add chapter markers, you have to encode in other formats, typically .aac, which aren't supported by all devices.

A while back I started adding timecodes to the show notes for the BMTV episodes.  I didn't have anything to do with this particular episode though.
    steph_bhypergenesb
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, we looked into chapterization, but as Shayne says, it is a pain in the ass.  I was remiss for not including time stamps.  It's been so long since we did a TV cast I forgot.  I'm adding them now.

hypergenesb
    Wow, thanks for doing that guys.

I really appreciate it!

(My name is Ron by the way, not Hollyoak, lol)