Evan Rachael Wood's incredible, disturbing performance from 15 years ago

Hey Y'all,

Years ago, I watched a random movie from 2003 directed by Catherine Hardwicke called Thirteen.  It is an intense, disturbing, and brilliant tale of one girl's harrowing transition from kid to teenager.  For some reason that movie's brutal realism has always stuck with me.  Today, while surfing the interwebs, I happened across the trailer for Thirteen and realized that the protagonist, Tracy, was played by a young Evan Rachael Wood.  So if you've been a little disappointed in Wood's character from the last season of Westworld, you should consider giving Thirteen a spin.  In fact, I'd love to know if the boys have seen this flick and if they would consider it for a Bald Movie review some day.

Comments

• I saw that years ago.  I'm not gonna say I hated that movie, but I'll never watch it again, lol.  Brutal realism is pretty spot-on.  To me, it was like that movie Kids, where you kinda hope it's a little sensationalized.  Anyway, Thirteen is objectively a good movie (I thought it was a bit racist, just saying) and yeah, Evan Rachel Wood is a good actor in it, if you're in the mood for a miserable movie-watching experience!
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    She gave another notably messed up performance in a film called Allure last year if you’re looking to expand your expertise lol.
This discussion has been closed.