Babylon 5

Babylon 5 is now on Amazon Prime and I've started watching from season 1.  I think I got through the first 2 seasons when it originally aired,  It looks like it was shot on potato vision on a high school set, which is a shame, but it is still oddly compelling and I haven't even reached what everyone considers the good parts yet.  

Anyone have any opinions on where it rates among Science Fiction and Star Trek shows?

Comments

• For me it's #1 because I am a fan of great writing and B5 has it. The effects are dated but they were the first use of them on TV. Warner Bros. inherited it after buying PTEN network after the 1st season and in typical suit style would not promote something that wasn't their baby. It fought to stay on the air yearly. They currently refuse to remaster in HD or redo effects and is quite a miracle they let anyone see it.
    It is 95% written by J Michael Straczynski and he knocks it out of the park. Seasons 3 & 4 are phenomenal. He was one of the 1st people to interact with the fans on the Internet and still does to this day, answering questions on Twitter all night almost every night.
    Freiberg