That's a Bald Move Picard

FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
edited August 4 in Other TV

Patrick Stewart on TNG 

"I will always be very proud to have been a part of Star Trek: The Next Generation, but when we wrapped that final movie in the spring of 2002, I truly felt my time with Star Trek had run its natural course. It is, therefore, an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Seeking out new life for him, when I thought that life was over.

During these past years, it has been humbling to hear stories about how The Next Generation brought people comfort, saw them through difficult periods in their lives or how the example of Jean-Luc inspired so many to follow in his footsteps, pursuing science, exploration and leadership. I feel I'm ready to return to him for the same reason – to research and experience what comforting and reforming light he might shine on these often very dark times. I look forward to working with our brilliant creative team as we endeavor to bring a fresh, unexpected and pertinent story to life once more.

Frakkin Tkingbee67DummyFreibergFreddyduncanpowers

Comments

• Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    PICARD IS BACK!!!
    kingbee67Dummyrusskelly
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    Say What!?
  • I still have no intention of getting CBS All-Access, but this make me happy nonetheless. Can't wait to see what they plan on doing with him. 
    rkcrawf
  • This is the best news I’ve heard in a long time.  A few friends and I pooled and got CBS All Access just for Discovery and After Trek (yeah Matt Mira is an acquired taste, but I love him), this will be a welcome addition to the lineup.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    What if Patrick Stewart wins a Baldie? Will the universe fold over on itself?
    MurderbearJimpicorock80MrXFreibergNatter CastFreddyAlkaid13Shumduncanpowersand 3 others.
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited August 5
    It's come to the point with remakes, reboots and sequels that I'm just gonna feel what I feel. "Keep an open mind" is bandied about, but I've done that plenty and the idea that that helps a mediocre thing be good is superstition. Full circle here. Of course Patrick Stewart wants to do this, he's a champ. But it's going to be Indiana Jones Crystal Skull territory. Fortunately new Star Trek is easier to ignore than I once thought possible.

So, whatever.

Really looking forward to The Orville season 2, the Star Trek that feels fresh and brave. Everyone excited about Star Trek alumns, they're popping up in The Orville at an alarming rate. I can't help but wonder if CBS snatched up the TNG main character so he wouldn't be next. I'm putting money that's in his contract. Did you see the DISCO 2 trailer? It's Orvillized.
    jhparkkingbee67
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    Okay, but only if Ricky Gervais plays Riker.
    CapeGabeMattyWeavesalexander.klassen
  • Dummy said:
    I still have no intention of getting CBS All-Access, but this make me happy nonetheless. Can't wait to see what they plan on doing with him. 
    I agree. No way I'm paying CBS. I have other pay services and don't plan on adding them to the list.

I am equal parts intrigued and horrified about what they might turn out.
    Dummy
    edited August 5
    In today's media landscape, where single-service cable providers are being edged out by rapidly multiplying streaming services, I feel you when you say that you don't want to pay for a new one. I'm holding out on the DC Comics streaming service for the same reason. BUT, if you're a Trekkie and you want not only Discovery to do well but also new shows to be made, CBS All Access is how you support it. Star Trek was never a non-profit thing. Entertainment is a business, and Trek is and always has been product of that industry. It's just that now we're paying for it directly.  Do I want to spend 8 bucks a month on a new streaming service? No, but I want to support this franchise that has meant so much to me, so I'll pay.

DummyElisaanubus21
  • Seeing as how Discovery is hot garbage I have low expectations but I am hopeful. Will definitely give it a shot on Kodi just for Patrick Stewart. 

We already got Star Trek back with Seth MacFarlane's The Orville so its kinda moot. 
    JaimieT
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    He should get a lifetime achievement award.
    DrCynPiz
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    kingbee67 said:
    He should get a lifetime achievement award.

He should get one every year. The first ever multiple lifetime achievement champion.
    FreibergFreddyduncanpowers
  • I love Discovery, and I adore Patrick Stewart. Happy to continue paying for more original Star Trek content to be delivered directly to my eye holes. Bring back Jason Isaacs and I will be utterly beside myself. Praise Cthulhu. 
    Frakkin TFreiberg
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited August 7
    Love me some Picard. He's one of the few television characters who has characteristics and values I've made it a point to emulate. Sharpened me as a person. 

Not sure if this a good thing since others include Avon Barksdale, Raylan Givens, Kenny Powers, and Tony Soprano.
    duncanpowersFrakkin T
    @Freddy Avon Barksdale was a wise wise man. It's because of him that I'm only at work for two minutes a day: the minute I clock in and the minute I clock out.
    Freddykingbee67A_Ron_Hubbard
    edited August 7
    Frakkin T said:
    @Freddy Avon Barksdale was a wise wise man. It's because of him that I'm only at work for two minutes a day: the minute I clock in and the minute I clock out.
    More of his charisma and bravado. My favorite all time line is "I've been in this joint 26 months and you come and pick me up in a motherfuckin' Ford!?"
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Freddy said:
    Love me some Picard. He's one of the few television characters who has characteristics and values I've made it a point to emulate. Sharpened me as a person. 

Not sure if this a good thing since others include Avon Barksdale, Raylan Givens, Kenny Powers, and Tony Soprano.
    Tony Soprano was a hell of a leader actually, so I totally can see that. Everyone on your list has some arguably good traits...except Kenny Powers. Fuck that guy. 
    Freddy
    edited August 7
    Freddy said:

Tony Soprano was a hell of a leader actually, so I totally can see that. Everyone on your list has some arguably good traits...except Kenny Powers. Fuck that guy. 
    You say that now, but show up to a party with a shotgun and a bottle of Tanguerey just one time...

My buddy runs a whole bunch of reps for a huge liquor/wine distributor, and he has sent them Tony Soprano management clips before.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Freddy said:

I WILL FIGHT YOU! 
    Freddy said:
    Freddy said:

You say that now, but show up to a party with a shotgun and a bottle of Tanguerey just one time...

My buddy runs a whole bunch of reps for a huge liquor/wine distributor, and he has sent them Tony Soprano management clips before.

Frakkin T
    and just to bring it back full circle: 

FreddyFreiberg
    edited August 7
    Freddy said:
    Freddy said:

Just bought this. Sweet. I can't wait to read how he doesn't want to hear about the fucking economy. Lay it down for them Sil.
    Hahaha, such a good scene. Its bad that I knew the episode name and season/episode number. A true Sopranos junkie.
    Hahaha, such a good scene. Its bad that I knew the episode name and season/episode number. A true Sopranos junkie.
    Yeah, that's really the only scene my friend sends his reps. That and the 40 degree day scene from The Wire.
  • Don't know what the story will be but I will for damn sure be watching it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    This is too good. It'll never be.

• I’m in a Trek fangroup (hi @JaimieT!) that’s about to read ‘the Autobiography of Jean-Luc Picard’ for our book club and I am so excited!  It’s been on my nightstand since the day Patrick Stewart announced his return but I haven’t gotten more than a couple pages in (the Expanse novels have sucked up a lot of my time lately).  I wonder how much of it will be de-canonized when the new series comes out?
    JaimieT