Life is Strange 2

Hello all.
Just seen the new teaser trailer for Life is Strange 2.  

It looks like they're going to lean in to the supernatural again, which I'm sure we're all pleased about. If I had to guess, I'd say we're looking at a Carrie situation with a male protagonist? (Haven't played Captain Spirit, but I've heard it's is supposed to be a prologue of sorts to the new game and that features a young boy as the playable character.) That would add an interesting element to the gameplay, something Before the Storm was definitely lacking.
Teenage telekinetic powers seems like something they would go for too. The first game overtly used elements of Twin Peaks, The Butterfly Effect and Donnie Darko (amongst other things I'm sure) in a way that celebrated them rather than plagiarised them. I imagine we'll see a similar pastiche this time.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on the trailer? I'm open to being entirely wrong!
Michellerusskelly

Comments

• russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    I'm very excited about Life is strange 2. I loved Life is Strange. Haven't played Before the storm yet. I have it and I am somewhat inbetween games right now so I need to get on that. You need to play Captain Spirit. It is incredible.
    Tomalexwhitham
  • I dont have an xbox anymore, any word on if Bald Move will be doing a play through of Life is Strange 2? I want to live vicariously through it <span>:smiley:</span>
    Jovial_Falcon
  • Just finished the first episode this morning.  It was fantastic, but boy... is it heavy.  Like, so much so that I’m not even sure it could be made to be funny.  The dialogue is also a lot less, uh, “dumb” than the original, so there’s a lot less to make fun of (not a single “hella” to be found!).

But, I think A.Ron in particular would certainly enjoy / connect with the story... same goes for Captain Spirit.

Without giving too much away, I also think that there’s a pretty strong possibility that at some point the characters may run into Max and/or (depending on how the first one was played) Chloe.
    russkelly
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    Just finished the first episode this morning.  It was fantastic, but boy... is it heavy.  Like, so much so that I’m not even sure it could be made to be funny.  The dialogue is also a lot less, uh, “dumb” than the original, so there’s a lot less to make fun of (not a single “hella” to be found!).

But, I think A.Ron in particular would certainly enjoy / connect with the story... same goes for Captain Spirit.

Without giving too much away, I also think that there’s a pretty strong possibility that at some point the characters may run into Max and/or (depending on how the first one was played) Chloe.
    would you recommend finishing Before the Storm before beginning Life is Strange 2?
  • russkelly said:
    Just finished the first episode this morning.  It was fantastic, but boy... is it heavy.  Like, so much so that I’m not even sure it could be made to be funny.  The dialogue is also a lot less, uh, “dumb” than the original, so there’s a lot less to make fun of (not a single “hella” to be found!).

would you recommend finishing Before the Storm before beginning Life is Strange 2?
    Definitely not a prerequisite, narratively... not that I can tell, at least.  
    russkelly