Criterion Collection films

kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
I went to Barnes And Nobles this morning. They had 50% off on Criterion videos. I wanted Susperia(which I found out is not one their films). They had so many choices(most are over priced to begin with) I ended up with the 1980 movie Breaker Morant. A movie that takes place in South Africa during The Boer War. A court room type thing. Seen it all the way thru once a long time ago.

Anyway I have a few Criterion films( they choose films they think are special and put them out in special editions) I once submitted The Great Race 1965 with Tony Curtis, Jack Lemon and Natalie Wood. They sent me a nice letter saying they couldn’t and maybe consider it later.
Anyway looking for input and comments.

https://www.criterion.com/

Natter Cast

Comments

• Been a fan of theirs for a long time. I have about 30 myself. If you’re into streaming all of their movies (including OOP) are available on Filmstruck with extras I believe. 
    kingbee67Freiberg
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    @kingbee67 It might not be Criterion but I picked up the 4k restoration of Suspiria a while back; it looks AMAZING.
    kingbee67GredalBee
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    I had fresh look at the catalog. Lots of stuff I had totally forgot about Time Bandits(loved that one). Also I have never seen a French New Wave film I would like to check one of the more popular ones. 

@KingKobra ;
    that sounds like a great idea. I stream on Xbone, it’s not on that.  I might have an alternate plan.
    KingKobra
  • kingbee67 said:
    I had fresh look at the catalog. Lots of stuff I had totally forgot about Time Bandits(loved that one). Also I have never seen a French New Wave film I would like to check one of the more popular ones. 

@KingKobra ;
    that sounds like a great idea. I stream on Xbone, it’s not on that.  I might have an alternate plan.
    I have time bandits, it looks quite good for what I remember being a low budget movie. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited August 5
    Frakkin T said:
    @kingbee67 It might not be Criterion but I picked up the 4k restoration of Suspiria a while back; it looks AMAZING.

Does that 4K restoration Blu-ray play in a Blu-ray player? The website was so unclear about that.
  • JaimieT said:
    Frakkin T said:

Does that 4K restoration Blu-ray play in a Blu-ray player? The website was so unclear about that.
    Just a regular Blu-ray that was taken from a 4K source. 
    JaimieT
  • Thanks @KingKobra, I was curious about that as well.
    KingKobraJaimieT
  • They used to have them on Hulu, but I think Criterion's done their own streaming service, or maybe it's the one people mentioned.  I discovered a few really good movies before they took them off (La Haine and Revanche were the standouts), but there is A LOT of really weird artsy foreign stuff that doesn't even seem to have a plot, so it was kind of tough just picking a film at random.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    Loves me some Breaker Morant. I almost commissioned it for the guys, but ultimately Highlander was more of a crowd pleaser :)
    KingKobrakingbee67