Baldmove Discord Channel

Do you like Baldmove? Do you like to chat? Well, you are in luck! About a year ago, we setup this Discord server here : https://discord.gg/XfwS5z

@A_Ron_Hubbard if you could sticky this, or promote this, that'd be great!
groovydooleyrusskellyCretanBullShumMichelleChinaskikuman07

Comments

• I made it an an announcement, I hope that helps :)
    hitmyJaimieT
  • ShumShum Utah
    Nice! I've tried to join this before, but I'm too slow and the link always expires, and then I forget about it.
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    Ok, so this is a safe place to ask... What the hell is a discord? I always see it mentioned and I've never bothered to look into it.
    Dee
  • Ok, so this is a safe place to ask... What the hell is a discord? I always see it mentioned and I've never bothered to look into it.
    It's similar-ish to Skype...a place where people can make chat rooms and either type or voice-chat
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    promise i'm not 'trolling' <sensitivity is on high alert>, but @CretanBull - any stories with the folks from Dischord Records?
    russkelly
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited August 6
    I’m there now.  Cool idea!  :smile:
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited August 6
    Chinaski said:
    promise i'm not 'trolling' <sensitivity is on high alert>, but @CretanBull - any stories with the folks from Dischord Records?
    Sadly no...other than seeing a bunch of those bands....Fugazi, Dag Nasty, Scream, Shudder to Think and Jawbox (I think that's it!).

My friend Damian does a podcast called "Turned out a Punk".  A few years ago he spent a day in DC with Ian MacKaye and he still refers to it as the best day of his life.
    Chinaski
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    I joined. :)
    JaimieT
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    edited August 6
    Chat rooms? Oh boy, the internet is going full circle.
    russkelly
  • GrahamGraham Grand Rapids, MI
    I like the idea of using this for our own group live watches. Gives us something to do during commercial breaks.
    russkelly
  • Yeah, we've got a few rooms dedicated to the shows, which is perfect for livewatches / recordings
    russkelly
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    The voice chat feature is sometimes iffy but it’s a good way to connect to people real time and it works on both laptop and mobile. Also you can private message people pretty easily and pin important messages to certain channels. 
  • I use Discord all the time for voice communication during online tabletop RPGs.  Normally the maps are on roll20.net and the voice comms is on Discord.  
    CretanBull
  • Chat rooms? Oh boy, the internet is going full circle.
    true.  tho, this is basically a bbs...