Chipotle food poisoning outbreak is the worst yet

Comments

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    edited August 8
    yikes! and in Ohio too! :#
    JaimieT
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited August 8
    Oh my God... this is literally the longest I've gone without Chipotle all year too. Today I was thinking that. It's been over a week. PHEW.

I'm assuming @Jim is okay, but maybe this is the end of the line guys.
    Freiberg
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    Well damn. I took a very long time off after the last one, and now I guarantee my wife won't let us get it ever again.

Sucks too because there is nowhere near me that makes burritos like them.
  • Dammit, well there go my lunch plans for tomorrow even though I am in NC. @Jim I hope you got a strong stomach my friend if you do catch the bug!
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    More importantly, it's not Salmonella, Shigella, E. coli or Norovirus.  Those are the 4 biggest food-borne pathogens.

A former boss of mine had a conspiracy theory about this.  He had a lot of conspiracy theories about everything honestly.  His Chipotle conspiracy was something to do with Monsanto poisoning Chipotle's food because they are anti-GMO or whatever.  

I do not share this belief.  Also, I'm pro GMO.
    JaimieTalexander.klassenFreibergken haleKoun7erfit
  • I think their food quality went downhill years ago.  I remember getting chewy steak burritos from them at stores in different states and being able to notice the change when it happened.  
  • Well, I've read this 5 hours too late...
    MattyWeavesDeeanubus21CapeGabe
  • Prayers for Jim.
    DeeMichelleCapeGabe
    kinda wanted to get Chipote on the way home.. ya know, before the epidemic hit the west coast.
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Prayers for Jim.
    Are we holding a vigil?  I have my candle ready if need be.  :tongue:
    kinda wanted to get Chipote on the way home.. ya know, before the epidemic hit the west coast.
    JaimieT
  • A.Ron is always telling Jim to get a life insurance policy on him, in case something happened to A.Ron.

I hope he took his own advice.  And that "Chipotle consumption" isn't a pre-existing condition.
    Michelle
    just realized i double posted. the thought of Chipolte may have given me Ophiocordyceps Unilateralis. the virus is stronger than i thought!

• Michelle said:
    Prayers for Jim.
    Are we holding a vigil?  I have my candle ready if need be.  :tongue:

Don't hold a candle too close to a man who ate contaminated burritos!
    Michelle
  • I just had my morning burrito 10 minutes ago.  How long does it take for human intestines to dissolve?  If this is the end it's been a good ride.
    Alkaid13JaimieTMichellejtmy92Koun7erfitDeeDoubleA_Ron
    HE LIVES.
  • Heh, I'm always happy with these food illness news. I mean, it is obviously bad that people are getting sick, but the news always causes some dip in traffic to the restaurants, which means shorter lines for me :)

Yes. I am somewhat evil.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    If Jim is visited by the Pale Mare I'll let everyone know. And no, I still haven't got his ass insured, so also anticipate Bald Move setting up a Jim Jones Foundation to benefit underprivileged A.Ron's. Lots of Sarah McLachlan and soft lighting and my son making really big, sad eyes, while Cecily hugs him and bawls in the background.  I'll get Carter to cut a tear jerking video, but it'll probably wind up being hysterical somehow.
    hitmyKoun7erfitMichelleMurderbearDeeDoubleA_Ron
    If Jim is visited by the Pale Mare I'll let everyone know. And no, I still haven't got his ass insured, so also anticipate Bald Move setting up a Jim Jones Foundation to benefit underprivileged A.Ron's. Lots of Sarah McLachlan and soft lighting and my son making really big, sad eyes, while Cecily hugs him and bawls in the background.  I'll get Carter to cut a tear jerking video, but it'll probably wind up being hysterical somehow.

As someone from Houston who watched all those people who didn't know they didn't have flood insurance, get insurance! /mom
    Murderbear
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    Thoughts & prayers.
    MichelleMurderbearA_Ron_Hubbard
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    This is the specter of death you should be anticipating @A_Ron_Hubbard. Jim can only dodge the Chipotle reaper so long before it finally catches up to him with its Sofritas scythe. 
    A_Ron_HubbardDoubleA_Ron