Persepolis Rising - Book Discussion

This is dedicated to the discussion of the novel Persepolis Rising, Book 7 in the Expanse series. All spoilers up to and including Book 7 are allowed, this includes all the novellas and the previous books. If you’d like to discuss all the written works in general please see the Book Club discussion thread. No spoilers past Book 7 please and that includes show spoilers. 

Comments

• So if the show gets this far ... How are they gonna handle the huge time jump? Have everyone in old person makeup, True Detective season 3 style?
  • I bet they don't go quite that far, probably just shortening the length of the time jump just enough that they can dust a little grey in folks hair and accent some lines/wrinkles.
  • Byrdie said:
    I bet they don't go quite that far, probably just shortening the length of the time jump just enough that they can dust a little grey in folks hair and accent some lines/wrinkles.

yea seems like the practical solution, although they would have to do some hand waving to explain how much progress Duarte makes and how established the Transport Union becomes in a shorter amount of time.
  • What is the length of the time jump in the books?
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited April 5
    Byrdie said:
    What is the length of the time jump in the books?

I think it's 30 years. Everyone is old with bad knees. 
  • Yea I feel like if they cut that in half or just down to 20 all the requisite advancements in the universe would be palatable and the crew wouldn't have to wildly aged up. The ladies seem like they would be more of an issue than the guys actually just because they seem like younger actors with fewer lines in their faces. Alex and Amos wouldn't have to look much older than they really are.
  • Damn Frankie Adams/Bobbie is only 25 ?!