Would you Rather?

Comments

• Nice apartment in big city. 
    Michelle
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Michelle said:
    Would you rather live in a nice apartment in a big city, or a cabin in the forest?  Given this group I *think* I know the answer but let me also add, you can get internet/cell signal & data at the cabin (don't ask me how, it's magic or something, just go with it :wink: ) .
    Cabin for sure!
    Michelle
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Michelle said:
    Would you rather live in a nice apartment in a big city, or a cabin in the forest?  Given this group I *think* I know the answer but let me also add, you can get internet/cell signal & data at the cabin (don't ask me how, it's magic or something, just go with it :wink: ) .
    Big city 1000%. One of my goals is to have a nice place with a view of downtown Dallas. Another is to visit every major city in the country (halfway there) and hopefully the world.
    MichelleTaraC73
  • edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2018
    - Definitely a vampire among humans and not the other way around

- I'm not a wine person AND I'm not really a hot weather person either so both suck.  I need me a good Winter with lots of snow to snowmobile on : ) Yup I'm that guy that loves Winter and snow.

- Definitely unrecognized for doing something amazing.  I would have way too much guilt for taking someone else's accomplishments as my own.

- The dinner question is not fair, I would love to sit down with both of them.  If I had to answer I'd say Jim because I feel like I know more about A.Ron than I do Jim. 

- I 100% would be the guy in the woods with a cabin.  I live in the northern suburbs of the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and I only go down there when I have to.  I much prefer heading north to the cabin where I legit have no cell service and just relax and do whatever I feel like doing.

Would you rather live in Middle Earth during the events of Lord of the Rings or live in Westeros/Essos during the last 7 seasons of Game of Thrones?
  • MichelleMichelle California
    - Definitely a vampire among humans and not the other way around

- I'm not a wine person AND I'm not really a hot weather person either so both suck.  I need me a good Winter with lots of snow to snowmobile on : ) Yup I'm that guy that loves Winter and snow.

- Definitely unrecognized for doing something amazing.  I would have way too much guilt for taking someone else's accomplishments as my own.

- The dinner question is not fair, I would love to sit down with both of them.  If I had to answer I'd say Jim because I feel like I know more about A.Ron than I do Jim. 

- I 100% would be the guy in the woods with a cabin.  I live in the northern suburbs of the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and I only go down there when I have to.  I much prefer heading north to the cabin where I legit have no cell service and just relax and do whatever I feel like doing.

Would you rather live in Middle Earth during the events of Lord of the Rings or live in Westeros/Essos during the last 7 seasons of Game of Thrones?
    I'm in no way at all a Lord of the Rings girl, so I'll say Westeros/Essos.  Especially if I get to meet Jason Momoa in season 1.  :wink: :kissing_heart:   I'd fight Dani for him!  
    awookiee
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited August 2018
    Michelle said:
    If I may, how close is this cabin to the nearest town? The cabin sounds super appealing, but I having to drive more than 20 minutes to the nearest complete grocery store could be a deal breaker. That aside though, a forest cabin is kind of a dream of mine. Though, a cool apartment in the heart of a cool city (Seattle, NYC, Portland, Austin, etc) is also kind of a dream of mine. Screw it, I guess I'm going city. I may hate driving in them (or more specifically parking in them), but it would be really, really fun to do a turn right in the middle of it all. All the great options of stuff to do and check out. Yeah, I think I would go that way.

Ultimately, I could make a great case for either. I'm just kind of tired of the suburban middle ground. It's like all of the downsides of living in the city (disconnected community, lack of real nature, annoyances of the over-crowded roadways, etc.) without all of the fun stuff. 

Oh, and TOTALLY a vampire in a human world. Not even a moment needed to ponder it. One sounds awesome while the other sounds like a literally never ending nightmare.
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX

Never seen Lord of the Rings so I’m Thrones by default. Probably Dorne because I’m not used to the cold and I look more like the people of that region.

• Would you rather live in Middle Earth during the events of Lord of the Rings or live in Westeros/Essos during the last 7 seasons of Game of Thrones?
    Neither sounds terribly appealing, but I think I would go with Middle Earth, particularly if I could have some sort of say in my circumstances. I mean, if you were an elf or a hobbit (one that was not involved in the war), it doesn't sound so bad. Their societies weren't subject to the same oppression that seemed to be pretty much blanketly applied throughout Westeros. Seems like life for the average person who you might end up being is probably a little better than the average person you might end up being in Westeros.
    Travis said:
    Michelle said:
    If I may, how close is this cabin to the nearest town? The cabin sounds super appealing, but I having to drive more than 20 minutes to the nearest complete grocery store could be a deal breaker. That aside though, a forest cabin is kind of a dream of mine. Though, a cool apartment in the heart of a cool city (Seattle, NYC, Portland, Austin, etc) is also kind of a dream of mine. Screw it, I guess I'm going city. I may hate driving in them (or more specifically parking in them), but it would be really, really fun to do a turn right in the middle of it all. All the great options of stuff to do and check out. Yeah, I think I would go that way.

Ultimately, I could make a great case for either. I'm just kind of tired of the suburban middle ground. It's like all of the downsides of living in the city (disconnected community, lack of real nature, annoyances of the over-crowded roadways, etc.) without all of the fun stuff. 

Oh, and TOTALLY a vampire in a human world. Not even a moment needed to ponder it. One sounds awesome while the other sounds like a literally never ending nightmare.
    Far enough that you would have to make one single trip to town to get everything you need to stock up on; over two hours maybe?  You'd be snowed in for the winter.
    Travis
  • Would you rather fight a giant mosquito and get your ass kicked, or keep the relationship you already have and never get bit again, or are you ok with relationship you already have?
    Would you rather fight a giant mosquito and get your ass kicked, or keep the relationship you already have and never get bit again, or are you ok with relationship you already have?
    Never get bit again!  I hate mosquitoes.  Plus, you know, viruses.
  • Michelle said:
    Travis said:
    Michelle said:

Far enough that you would have to make one single trip to town to get everything you need to stock up on; over two hours maybe?  You'd be snowed in for the winter.
    Yeah, totally the city at least at this point in my life. I see the coolness of the super isolated wilderness cabin, but I need some access to "the world" a little too much. I could see a cabin maybe 15-20 minutes outside a decent sized small town (like I imagine some of those little spots around Yosemite might be, something like that) but that's about as isolated as I can see myself being. 
    Michelle
  • Noel said:

Never seen Lord of the Rings so I’m Thrones by default. Probably Dorne because I’m not used to the cold and I look more like the people of that region.
    Lord of the Rings, and I don't even particularly like that world.  GoT is just too much like ours.  Oh man, what does that say about me?
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    edited August 2018
    can i pick a nice cabin in a big city? that sounds wild!
    Michelle
  • It’s going back a bit, but I’m going to take the unpopular pick of taking credit for something someone else has done.  Now normally this sort of thing would appall me, but hear me out.  It’s not specified who the person is, so maybe I can pick and in that case it’s easy.  I would take credit for something my piece of shit boss has done.  He’s spent years taking credit for the accomplishments of myself and my crew while he twiddles his thumbs and derps his way through the day, if I could flip the script on him just once it would be so worth it.  Granted I’d be hard pressed to think of anything he’s actually accomplished, but there must be something, blind squirrel finding a nut and all.

Otherwise I’m a vampire in a world of humans, big city, never return to my country, live in Essos, drink only water kind of guy.  I don’t remember the rest off hand, other than I’d have lunch with A.Ron because he can give me advice on raising a son and we have similar hairlines.
    Chinaski said:
    can i pick a nice cabin in a big city? that sounds wild!
    Of course!  I wonder what that would be like?  Maybe insanely cool.  :)
    Chinaski
    edited August 2018

I am not a GOT fan, am a HUGE LOTR fan and if there is even a sliver of a chance I could bump into Aragorn I’m in!! 

Would you rather:
    Live without internet
    OR
    live without heating and AC?
    TaraC73 said:

Would you rather:
    Live without internet
    OR
    live without heating and AC?
    can i have space heaters and fans?
    Travis
  • Noel said:

I'm surprised that I've seen as many responses that state they've never seen Lord of the Rings.  Seemed like quite the gotta see movies when they all came out and especially for people that enjoy Game of Thrones, it seems up a similar alley.  There's obviously big differences between the two but I absolutely love both. 

Dorne does seem very nice, Highgarden would probably be pretty nice too.  I really wish we got to see more of Casterly Rock because it sounds like an awesome place.  Least desirable would probably be either north of the wall or for me personally Pyke.  I'd take North of the Wall though if I could bring my snowmobile   :)
    @Chinaski & @akritenbrink - you have no heating or cooling apparatus ... you have to rely on clothes (or lack thereof!)
    TaraC73 said:
    @Chinaski & @akritenbrink - you have no heating or cooling apparatus ... you have to rely on clothes (or lack thereof!)
    well that's unfortunate. fine, i'll deal with the cold and heat and keep the internet :|
    Michelle
  • Living in Singapore where it’s 90-100 Everyday I’m surprisingly choosing no internet. 
    TaraC73Michelle
    Hatorian said:
    Living in Singapore where it’s 90-100 Everyday I’m surprisingly choosing no internet. 
    well there goes our FF League!
    HatorianTaraC73MichelleTravis
  • Would you rather be the first person on Mars or get abducted and be able to confirm aliens exist but have no proof?
    Be abducted!! 
    Hatorian
This discussion has been closed.