Coffee!

MichelleMichelle California
I know we must have a ton of coffee drinkers here - so what's your coffee of choice?  I don't like the flavor of regular black coffee, even if it has cream and sweetener (a must), so I prefer some sort of flavored coffee.  My absolute favorite is the Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce coffee.  I buy the k-cups and they're perfect for work and at home.

Comments

• amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Iced coffee is my jam.
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    We have a keurig and my favorite is green mountain dark magic. I love the dark Italian roast. There’s a website called intelligentblends (I believe) that usually has pretty good deals! Hubby only likes light coffee (blech) he prefers gm breakfast blend, or Newman’s light (I forget what it’s exactly called)

At home I use fat free half and half, I don’t like my coffee light light, but definitely lighter than just a splash.

when I am out I get medium Dunkin’ Donuts iced (4 creamers and 1 sugar melted), medium hot (only on super cold days LOL, 5 creamers no sweetener) or Starbucks quad shot of blonde espresso over ice in a grande cup with a heavy splash of cream and three equals. I tip that upside down and shake it all around and it’s the bee’s knees.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited August 2018
    Java Rocket whenever available.
    Mobile barista usually found at the beer garden/food truck lot next to my place. His Kona cold brew is a perfect summer daily driver, but when I'm really feeling Tom Haverford, I go for the iced Creme Brule. That thing is probably my all time favorite.

As far as grabbing something while out and about, I love High Brew. All kinds, but I go with double espresso or Mexican Vanilla:

At the house I usually keep a bottle of SToK Not Too Sweet Cold Brew around:

majjam0770weeniegirl
  • I feel like people who say they like black coffee are lying. I have been drinking black coffee for two months now, for the diet I'm on and I miss creamer in my coffee so much haha. I am also super basic with my coffee choice which is Folders Black Silk, so that could be part of the problem haha. 
    Dee
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    I get coffee thru the mail from Justcoffee.coop. I cold press it or pour it right over ice. I drink it black.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Nespresso.  I do a double espresso and pour it over a pint glass of ice and then chug. At work just hot black coffee. 

at Starbucks - “triple tall nonfat iced latte with 2 splenda”  

bazjenster
  • Black coffee in the cold months, iced coffee with half and half once it gets warm. Occasionally I'll have some cream in my hot coffee, or go for a flavoured one (usually something nutty or seasonal) if I'm in the mood. I never use any sweetener, I just don't like the taste.
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited August 2018
    Typically I just do Donut Shop Regular out of my Kureg. Probably a little more half and half than most use. I'm a sucker for creamy things.

When I was 18 I had a barista gig at the Coffee Bean and that job is what got me into coffee (it never really sounded appealing before working there, but starting my shift at 5:30 as a slacker teenager got me to give it a shot) and I think through discovering it there I have always especially enjoyed their coffee.My favorite coffee drink (though I only get it a couple of times a year because of the calories) is a CBTL Cafe Vanilla. Their powders (particularly the vanilla, and the english toffee before they discontinued it) are the best flavorings that I've come across.

I also like the "made in house" iced double (preferably triple) shots at Starbucks. A healthy amount of cream and a two packets of sugar (excessive, sure, but it tastes good).
  • I like my coffee black. If it’s good coffee. 

I buy unroasted beans from sweetmarias.com and roast them at home about twice a month. I usually go with the sampler pack (8x1lb of different varieties) and use a different one each roast. The 8 lbs will last me 6 months to a year depending on how much I drink. 

Roasting makes the whole house smell amazing for a day or 2. 

I never add add any creamer or sweetener to my home roasts. If I’m drinking the cheap stuff (Folgers, etc) at work I might add a bit of sugar because it tastes stale compared to a fresh roast. 

I never got got into the Keurig. It just seems so wasteful, and the coffee is always too strong. 

I tried to to get into making espresso at home, but my grinder isn’t up to the task. Espresso requires a very fine uniform grind that a standard grinder isn’t capable of, so I could never get a good pull. I’ve got my eyes on a proper grinder, but it’s well outside my price range for the time being. 
    jhpark
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I started getting into coffee for the first time earlier this year and then had to stop because it was making my anxiety worse. My therapist helped me link the two. So no coffee for me. All you lucky, lucky people.

I was all about mocha lattes.
    Sometimes I still get a (Starbucks) short breve latte when I'm low-carbing, but double shots are a thing of the past.

I know you can get decaf, but the caffeine burst was part of the enjoyment.
    russkelly
  • Coffee’s for closers only.
    DeeCretanBullTaraC73Demic
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    I feel like people who say they like black coffee are lying. I have been drinking black coffee for two months now, for the diet I'm on and I miss creamer in my coffee so much haha. I am also super basic with my coffee choice which is Folders Black Silk, so that could be part of the problem haha. 
    Yeah if you're going to drink it black you need to get the good stuff. Our first choice is Peet's but we'll go with Starbucks in a pinch, or Caribou. 
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited August 2018
    I used to drink it black, for years. Then I tried those creamers. Now I gotta put something in my coffee every time. I prefer half and half, no sugar. I also used to like French roast but I was getting heartburn so I gotta go lighter. Getting old when you got tone down your beverages.

One time while in the store trying to decide which flavored creamer to buy. A guy came along and was trying to decide which he would buy to. He then made a comment that it wasn’t manly drinking those creamers. So now I got that stigma. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I am Coffee Trash. I do not own any kind of coffee machine. I drink Nescafé 43 Bean instant coffee, with a bit of skim milk - two cups in the morning and I am done. If I’m out and about with someone I might have a skinny cappuccino. No sugar. 

I think coffee is one of those things that’s just either ok or terrible. I really don’t get why so many people have such a thing for it. 
    majjam0770
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited August 2018
    Dee said:
    I am Coffee Trash. I do not own any kind of coffee machine. I drink Nescafé 43 Bean instant coffee, with a bit of skim milk - two cups in the morning and I am done. If I’m out and about with someone I might have a skinny cappuccino. No sugar. 

I think coffee is one of those things that’s just either ok or terrible. I really don’t get why so many people have such a thing for it. 
    BECAUSE IT IS NECTAR FROM THE GODS, DEE!   :smiley:   
    I get how some people might not like it though.
    DeeJoshuaHeter
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Michelle said:
    Dee said:

BECAUSE IT IS NECTAR FROM THE GODS, DEE!   :smiley:   
    I get how some people might not like it though.
    Nah, that’s red wine. 

MichelleJaimieTFreddybazjenster
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    I hate coffee, maybe even loathe it.

Iced chai on the other hand, is amazing.
  • I'm a tea guy.  Feel free to boot me from your thread :)
    MichelleMattyWeaves
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Frakkin T said:
    Yeah if you're going to drink it black you need to get the good stuff. Our first choice is Peet's but we'll go with Starbucks in a pinch, or Caribou. 
    Yeah if I'm going to keep drinking black coffee, I am definitely going to need to upgrade my coffee choices. I have just drank Folgers my entire life so it's hard to switch haha. 
  • I got a simple Cold Brew Apparatus for Christmas and have been making that pretty consistently for the summer.  It is pretty good.   I like Stok Cold brew a lot too, and enjoy Starbucks as well.

When not drinking cold brew I drink hot black coffee and splurge on the good stuff.  I drink way too much coffee (3-5 cups a day) so if I added cream/sugar would be a lot of calories!   Lots of local roasters and varieties to choose from in Seattle so I am lucky and can experiment with different beans and roasts.  I haven't gone full snob though - grinding my own beans every morning is a step too far for me and the benefit does not outweigh adding an annoying extra task in the morning.   I have a pretty good old Krups coffee maker that they don't make any more so fingers crossed it keeps going for a while longer.  

I also like tea and have become a bit of a snob in brewing that.  There is a place in Oregon that is growing and processing tea leaves in the USA and it is quality stuff.  Their crop sells out in 2 seconds though and they charge a lot but I buy one when I can to support this industry in the US.  The name of the place is Minto Island.
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    I've never had a cup of coffee in my life and I don't plan on starting now, I can't stand the smell of coffee in anyway shape of form so the thought of drinking it makes me sick. Even things with coffee flavouring i dislike such as Tiramisu its just not pleasant for me. My wife on the other hand is a coffee snob and will only drink the best coffee, luckily we live in Melbourne which is the coffee capital of Australia. 
    cdriveDee
  • weeniegirlweeniegirl Atlanta, GA
    One heaping scoop of Peet’s prepared via Aeropress, with milk and raw sugar. I like flavored creamers but never buy them except for company. Like @JamieT and @akritenbrink I cant do more than one cup in the morning or my anxiety kicks up a notch and my hands shake. I used to love mochas and flavored lattes, but since being pregnant with my son they all seem way to sweet now, weird!
    JaimieT
  • I buy green coffee from sweet Maria's as well, roast with a popcorn popper, grind with a burr grinder and use a vacuum press to brew. Not too interested in making espresso at home, as I'd have to upgrade all elements of my setup, and the vacuum press makes some damn good brew.

If I upgrade anything it'll be either to get a real roaster or hack a switch and dial into my popper to control the heat and fan. But that won't be for a while, for now the popcorn popper works as is, even though the beans are at full city in about 3 or 4 minutes instead of 15, the coffee tastes fine to me.

I've thought about taking a half pound to a coffee shop so they can roast it with a real machine so I can compare, but I'm not sure they'd be willing or able to do it for me with such a small amount. Also I know if I taste a significant difference that'll get me to upgrade roasters sooner rather than later and my wallet doesn't want that, so ignorance is bliss. 
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    edited August 2018
    I drink all kinds of coffee and whatever's out. 

at my house I rotate, I like "Black rifle coffee company" and their CAF (caffeinated as f***) blend. 

I also like Kicking Horse 454 (a high end fair trade roastery in BC)

And Cutter's point (a local business from nearby Gig Harbor WA) and their fisherman's blend

And Krispy Creme K-cups. I have a K-cup machine, in fact  I think it was among the first production run of the machines, my mom bought it literally when it hit store shelves because I was making too much of a mess with the drip maker and I was like 14 or 15. 

But I'll drink anything, usually black. Ha when I was in Chile I learned the hard way that country is obsessed with Nescafe instant powder. No joke. Peru, Brazil and Colombia are all really close but those people just hold up their nose and drink instant powder coffee (usually adding copious amounts of scalded milk) well so now I learned I actually kind of like Nescafe and bought it for the first time ever when I got home. 

I really don't have a favorite coffee I guess, I just randomly decide how I'm feeling and make it that way. I go the french press, the pour over cone, the drip, the Keurig, and even a percolator. no rhyme or reason I just choose something and it varies one day to the next. 
    bazjenster
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Slow down there, @emnofseattle

MichelleDeehitmy
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I'm being a little 'extra' with my coffee today.  I brewed a mocha k-cup, added a packet of Sweet n Low, a little sugar-free french vanilla Coffeemate, a few teaspoons of fat-free regular Coffeemate (enough of both to get it nice and creamy), then added 5 fresh raspberries.  They break apart as you stir, so with every sip it's like a fresh raspberry mocha.  :kissing_heart:   Highly recommended!  

TaraC73
    I feel one must be head over heels infatuated with a country to force himself to drink instant coffee, especially when he was drinking high end coffee previously. ;)
    Hey part of exploring another country is appreciating their rich cultural... things and besides once you’ve had it (the Nescafé) at one hotel buffet you’ve crossed the boundary and doing it a second time is easier. Plus it’s not really bad bad, everything is a compromise and if I don’t want to mess with the drip maker or pour over come and burr grinder today then it makes a thermos full super fast
    Freddy said:
    Slow down there, @emnofseattle

Caffeine is life, I’ll sleep when I’m dead
    bazjensterTaraC73