SPOILORE / "Tinfoil" topic archive *SPOILERS*

Comments

• The_Epic_ChechenThe_Epic_Chechen Washington, DC
    ^That's a really good point. I know there are speculations about Starks having Other blood around the internet - I'm not going to take the time to go through all the tinfoil archives to see if it was ever mentioned here (sorry) - but that is what I'm willing to guess.

What I have heard is:
    Stark origins in the Age of Heroes - Bran the Builder? was descended of a child of the forest, and that the children of the forest intermarried with White Walkers (Others) as some sort of a pact
    the original Nights King of the legends was a Stark (?) 
    That Bran the Builder was half White Walker/Other

And that leads to what I think about the so-called death of Jon Snow. However not-alive he might be, I think Jon is more impossible to kill (as in get rid of the scene entirely) than Littlefinger or Varys. Those two may control the politics, but in the big Ice&Fire picture.... Jon Snow is likely both the Ice and the Fire. 
    Recall that last scene from Hardhome, I don't think it's the last time Jon and that White Walker will face each other. Not that I think it's leading to a "Luke, I am your father" scene or anything, but that was an intense stare at the very least. That White Walker knows something we don't know.

So, we already established that even though Jon Snow is likely a Targaryen, this does not at all mean that they can't burn him.... but maybe they won't get the chance to? 
    Then again, I'm not sure where Melisandre will fit into this. 

• ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Here's another theory @A_Ron_Hubbard

Faceless Men in kahoots with White Walkers

See Euron connection :-)
  • I might be bitter and paranoid, but...it seemed like a "fuck you, ha ha" to the Benjen truthers when the double D's used this to trick Jon Snow into coming outside. It is as if someone told Sansa to come outside to see her mother(aka Lady Stoneheart) just to torture/rape/kill her.
    ElisaThe_Epic_Chechenahauntedworld
  • For anyone interested in book theories, bryndenbfish curated this list of reddit theories sorted by topic and general crackpotitude. http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1oip2y/spoilers_all_the_grand_rasoiaf_fan_theory/
    ElisaDaveyMac
  • BenBen Melbourne - Australia
    I'm not sure if this is a spoiler or not, according to Entertainment weekly the directors have been announced for next season. 

Looks like an action packed second half!
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, really glad to see Sapochnik back! And in the hammer position, no less.  He's also doing one or two of the later season two True Detectives, which has me similarly excited.
    DaveyMac
  • First off, I enjoy your show and will listen to it next season when you start back up.

How about this for tinfoil, a little book and a little show:

In the books Jon is dying. Melisandre and Shireen are still at the wall.  We have heard that "only death can pay for life," and that "there is power in king's blood."  In the show Shireen's burning didn't really accomplish anything.  In the books, what if Melisandre sacrifices Shireen in order to restore Jon to life?  It's a theory that I've not seen anywhere yet that I bounced off a co-worker who said, "damn, I never thought of that."

In the show Jon is "dead." Since his watch has ended, it breaks him of his vows to the Night's Watch.  He'd now be free to pursue that other dream he had, to become Lord of Winterfell.  Stannis isn't quite dead.  He survives and is taken to Castle Black in order to take the black.  Before he does, he grants Jon Snow the title of Jon Snow.  For maybe he can accomplish that which Stannis was unable to do, rally the north and overthrow the Boltons.  Stannis then takes the black and becomes the 999th lord commander.

The book series can do the same thing following Jon's death, but his rising up to Lord Stark is from the written decree from the King of the North, Rob Stark.  After months of traveling, the letter arrives in the hands of Lady Mormont and the Black Fish.  Together they can collaborate Rob Stark's decree that Jon is no longer a bastard, but a Stark of Winterfell.  Jon will go out, rescue Stannis and overturn the Bolton rule to unite the North so that they can man the wall.

As I stated above in Jon's resurrection, he will become the Prince Who Was Promised.  The burning of Shireen will create smoke and her tears will flow.  His is the song of ice and fire in more than one way.  There's the R+L=J theory that gives ice to Lyana and Fire to Rhaegar.  He will rise from the dead, the fiery champion of R'hollor, Azor Ahai reborn from the flames.  His sword Longclaw will be the new Lightbringer, tempered from his own death and the death of Shireen.  He will stand up against the Others to keep them at bay.

Like I said, tinfoil and a very thin variety.  Feel free to poke holes in it.  Hope you enjoy!

Scott
    trippyksa1001
  • BenBen Melbourne - Australia
    So I wasn't sure where to put this, it might be considered a book spoiler or it may be considered a show spoiler, either way don't click here if you don't wish to be spoiled
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited August 2015
    interesting. considering this is the spoiler feed I am just going to go out and start talking. 

I put it at 80/20 dead/alive. when they cut away you clearly here sword slicing through body. The books are going their own way now and i have a feeling will be much different than the books moving forward. 
    No Half Measures....
  • Interesting poll of fan opinions on popular theories. This is actually just part one of two.

Bwgameofhome
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    So with the new trailer, I was thinking what if we get a remix of Mance/Bard at Winterfell plot? But in the show it is Davos who gets a glamor spell put on him to look like Jon.
    MurderbearElisaA_Ron_HubbardAManIsNoOne
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    That's absolutely ridiculous and crazy and insane! I like it!
    Hey, great take!

• DrKenDrKen Chicago
    I enjoyed the Jim getting spoiled video.  Is there going to be a regular spoiler podcast today as well?
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    Never mind.  Just saw it.

You guys are really cranking out the content these days.
    Elisa
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I'm going to watch the video and listen tonight or tomorrow.  I've tried very hard to be as spoiler free as possible up to this point, but by gods, if Jim Jones can do it, so can I!
    Melonusk
    That'll put marzipan in your pie plate, bingo!
  • Some of the Jim reaction shots were priceless; I truly pity him not having read the books.
    Elisa
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
    I loved the looks on thier faces when the cut back after the watched each video. Thier eyes were popped open, heavy exhaling like they saw some crazy shit.
    Is there a good place that I can squanch around here?
  • fidoz Houston
    Listening to the spoiler cast I just heard ARon say that a guy who burned his daughter at the stake wasn't evil. Not so sure about that.
    Elisa
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    I don't believe this theory but after listening to the podcast but if all stark kids can worg. What if Ned also worged out and is in someone else just waiting to jump out and change the game. Boom! blew those tin foil hats of your heads.
    ElisaTheEconomist
  • Is the Friday spoiler podcast a members only thing now?  It's not showing up on my iTunes (however the instant take did this today).  I know last year (and seasons fore), the Friday spoiler podcast was there.  Other than itunes, is there somewhere else i can find it?  Just curious.  Thanks.
    Hey Dochielomn, it came through on my non-premium feed.  Sometimes individual feed archives get screwed up.  One solution is to refresh the feed, or to unsub-resubscribe, which should trigger it to pick up the right feeds again.

But all three weekly GoT podcasts are and will remain free, no club membership required. 
    Elisa
  • Ok, thanks @A_Ron_Hubbard, I know sometimes iTunes messes up and delays putting up podcasts that are actually posted.  So I'll just continue to keep checking.  Look forward to listening!
  • GeorgeGeorge Astoria, New York
    Since there was a question about the podcasts feeds, I'll drop this here:

Is there any way to prevent the stock Apple podcast app from promting a login every time I refresh the Ad-Free feeds?
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I wish I could help! I've been using the stock Apple Podcast app for a long time now and I only had to sign in the one time.
    I guess I'll try deleting and subscribing again. Might just be me then.

Thanks for the response.
  • edited April 2016
    have a couple of crazy adaptation theories about how the show will blend what is left from the books:

1. The role of The Damphair will be played by Theon:
    Show Theon will be continued as book's The Damphair: This character is sorta necessary to Greyjoy Kingmoot story lines -  Also with Theon not being able to continue the Greyjoy lineage physically, that is similar to The Damphair's devotion to religion only - perhaps Theon's current redemption from Reek carries over to a religious experience of being back home and becoming a religious zealout for the Drowned God - the Show's version of The Damphair.

Book: Not sure if you guys have read the preview chapters - Theon is still alive in the books (so is Stannis) but for Reek now back to Theon titled POV - OUTLOOK NOT SO GOOD. 

2. The role of White Harbor will be played by Bear Island.

Sidenote: One of the most common unknowns for my show watching pals is the Bear Island factor that is established in the show. I always have to explain to show watchers that Jorah and Jeor are son and father- which the DD's tried to revive last season, but nope, people barely caught what Tyrion was talking about after he & Jorah had the Stonemen encounter. There was also the letter to Stannis from Lyanna Mormont - but that reference was upstaged by Stannis offering to legitamize Jon. These quick facts blow past show watchers, but for book readers we notice them easily. 

The show has to be particular about what has already been established and streamlining all the characters and storylines in a plausible way - I think I see where they are going with this one:

Clues from the trailer:
    Davos warning about "the dead are coming" - he will head to Bear Island (Longclaws home) knowing that they do not support the Boltons or anybody but the Starks and appeal for them to join Jon's ressurected army. The tension will be similar to White Harbor scene in the books.  The casting rumors supports this Manderly-like Northern lord being needed. Bear Island is also where Rickon/Osha (a wildling herself who can vouch for the WW coming to invade) will be. Sadly no Skagos - that would be whole new (awesome, but unnecessary place) for the show to establish - when they have one place they already have characters connected to.

Since Bear Island is on its way to Iron Islands, Sansa could end up there without Brienne as I think she will send her to Riverun for Jamie's head & that is what the Ep. 3 show title "Oathbreaker" is alluding to. 

3. The Role of Lady Stoneheart will be played by Sansa & Jon:

Sansa will take LSH revenge and no magic necessary to justify her influence for revenge
    Jon will take the magical zombie part of LSH and take revenge on the NW, bran will communicate with him to learn of Sansa & Rickon and then he's off to the Battle of The Bastards! 
    As far as the Friday fitness podcast...house Gains of Thrones sound?
    kojiattwood
  • Hey Dochielomn, it came through on my non-premium feed.  Sometimes individual feed archives get screwed up.  One solution is to refresh the feed, or to unsub-resubscribe, which should trigger it to pick up the right feeds again.

But all three weekly GoT podcasts are and will remain free, no club membership required. 

Hey, @A_Ron_Hubbard, just as a follow up.  I still haven't seen last Friday's (April 22) spoiler podcast appear on my iTunes.  However, today's (April 29th) did appear.  Just wondering if you host the podcasts somewhere else (other than iTunes) that I could check to download the April 22nd one?  In the meantime, I'll look forward to listening to this week's.  Thanks!