SPOILORE / "Tinfoil" topic archive *SPOILERS*

Comments

• LannitikLannitik Milwaukee
    Mark me down, I'm ALL IN for Daario being with the Sons of the Harpy. 

Elisa
  • Lannitik said:

What about this episode convinced you? He just kind of stood around nodding while Jorah and Dany played out their little drama.
    Um, I rewatched the end of the last episode, between that, and the 'next time on' something about the situation rubs me towards that. I feel like he realizes he can't keep this, it's going to go past him. 
    Plus I don't think him killing his crew to get on her good side is not a bit of a foreshadowing. 

Also - after this episode, I think it could be very likely the Mad King got that way because of outside tree influences 

Lannitik said:

What about this episode convinced you? He just kind of stood around nodding while Jorah and Dany played out their little drama.

Duncan Mac
  • What do you think the odds are that Bran causes the Mad King's madness because he knows from growing up that the mad king went mad and killed his family and he tries to stop it?

Though in fairness, the Mad King wasn't the only Targaryen to go mad... right?  Something from being inbred I thought..
    LannitikElisa
    Yeah? Well, y'know... that's just like uh... your opinion, man.
  • ALSO:

Looked like the Children of the Forest (first, the same child sacrificed itself for Bran?) used children-inbued DragonGlass to create the first White Walker (The Nights King?)

Does that have any connection as to why the use of DragonGlass kills them?  Perhaps a way of un-doing the magic that created them?
    Elisa
  • What do you think the odds are that Bran causes the Mad King's madness because he knows from growing up that the mad king went mad and killed his family and he tries to stop it?

Though in fairness, the Mad King wasn't the only Targaryen to go mad... right?  Something from being inbred I thought..
    I like the idea of Bryndan Rivers (the Three Eyed Raven) driving the Mad King mad.  He might be fighting to keep Bran from doing what he did.

If Bran starts whispering "Burn them all" (meaning the Others) to Dany, she might go full mad queen.  It's pretty much what happened to Hodor, he heard the message while warging and couldn't escape it ... ever.
    Lannitik

What do you think the odds are that Bran causes the Mad King's madness because he knows from growing up that the mad king went mad and killed his family and he tries to stop it?

I think many have predicted that after the Tower of Joy scene. 
    Now this week I think cements it even more so. I was discussing it with my wife, who doesn't really pay attention so she had no idea what I was talking about. 

• Just thinking regarding Bran and the Nights King

If touching Bran:
    1.  Showed the Nights King where he was AND
    2.  Broke the magic seal on the cave

If Bran now tracked GPS style?  If so, how does Holding the Door help?
    If Bran moves south of the wall (or, wherever) does it break the Wall's magic?

Just thinking regarding Bran and the Nights King

If touching Bran:

I'm not sure they will take it there. BUT maybe? 

• The last season will be full on WW nuclear winter.

Qyburn discovers cache of wildfire.

Cersi burns King's Landing.

Bran breaks the wall.

Winter comes.

Danny arrives to a frost laden wasteland. She is not there to conquer her homeland...she is there to save it.

First shot of the first episode of the last season will be Danny arriving at King's Landing which is a wasteland covered in snow and ice.
    LannitikElisa
  • edited June 2016

Here's a crazy idea. Do we know what happens to the resurrected when their resurrector dies? Like if Melisandre dies, will the magic that brought Jon back to life die with her, therefore also kill Jon? (Assuming it was Melisandre who brought Jon back, which I know is debatable). Likewise, if Thoros dies, will Beric die for good?

I only bring this up because I'm putting good odds on Davos killing Melisandre. Makes me wonder if that would affect Jon.

Shit I just noticed in the preview that Davos is standing on the wood pile Shereen was burnt on... 
  • So if Cersi burns kings landing and flees the city towards river run where Jamie is... Couldn't we still possible get Clergane bowl? BWOB are in the river lands and most likely Cersi would only have the Mountain to protect her
  • edited June 2016
    I don't know if this is the right place for half-baked theories, but here's one I came up with...

the voice in the Mad King's head is Bran, and (a la "Hold the door")  he's not telling him to "Burn them all," he's telling him to "Burn the wall."  So the finale of the series will involve a horde of zombies flooding over the ice wall, and three dragons torching the whole thing to end the threat?

Thoughts? If this is already been speculated I apologize for psychically regurgitating it.
    EDITED: I see it's been discussed on this very page.  Shame on me.

• Sully said:

Here's a crazy idea. Do we know what happens to the resurrected when their resurrector dies? Like if Melisandre dies, will the magic that brought Jon back to life die with her, therefore also kill Jon? (Assuming it was Melisandre who brought Jon back, which I know is debatable). Likewise, if Thoros dies, will Beric die for good?

I only bring this up because I'm putting good odds on Davos killing Melisandre. Makes me wonder if that would affect Jon.

Interesting, but just from a cinematic perspective, it would be hard to make that satisfying.  How would you convey the connection visually?  Would that be a suitable death for everybody's favorite character to just keel over when some witch gets choked out?
  • trippy said:

I guess I am wrong on this, but I was under the impression that Tyrion was made aware of all of the wildfire that had been hidden througout  kings landing and he used everything during the battle of blackwater.    I thought that was in the books and in the series.   However I guess thats not the case.

That's what I thought as well.  If King's Landing burns, it will be from dragon fire, right?
    Elisa
  • Shouldn't they be saving Dragon Fire as a prime weapon against the White Walkers?
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    Listening to the one for 609. Maisie's hand (Leaving the blood trail on the wall) was seen in Trailer #2, so her lie is probably #3: "Arya doesn't cross any more names off her list, which contradicts Sophie's "Arya checks three people off her list." Either Lady Stoneheart returns, or Arya checks three people off her list. I think it is far more likely that Arya kills three people. It would be really sudden for her to show up at The Twins, but perhaps it would make more sense than Jaime Lannister killing the Freys. Although I'm totally down for that, too.

Maisie:
    Arya goes to Westeros, back over the sea. (Truth)
    Arya is in the trailer more times than people have realized, because they don't realize it's her. (Truth)
    Arya doesn't cross any more names off her list. (Lie)

Sophie:
    Ramsay dies. (Truth)
    Lady Stoneheart returns. (Lie)
    Arya checks three people off her list. (Truth)
    OldGriswoldkojiattwood
    Stop pissing in my soup and saying you're cooling it off.
  • Listening to the one for 609. Maisie's hand (Leaving the blood trail on the wall) was seen in Trailer #2, so her lie is probably #3: "Arya doesn't cross any more names off her list, which contradicts Sophie's "Arya checks three people off her list." Either Lady Stoneheart returns, or Arya checks three people off her list. I think it is far more likely that Arya kills three people. It would be really sudden for her to show up at The Twins, but perhaps it would make more sense than Jaime Lannister killing the Freys. Although I'm totally down for that, too.

Maisie:
    Arya is in the trailer more times than people have realized, because they don't realize it's her. (Truth)

Sophie:
    Ramsay dies. (Truth)
    I wonder if she will add names to the list then in turn take them off... Like she did with Rog.. She didn't know his name so he wasn't on the list until he told her his name.. Then she killed him. So maybe she learns the names of the 2 guys to killed Catlyn & Robs wife... Add those 2 plus Walder Frey.. Makes 3 names off the list... Other than that who would the 3 be?
  • Shum said:

@FlashGordon   That's way funny!  I was talking about a history of Westeros, but I agree that a historical comparison could also be interesting.  A Ron has talked about using the histories and lore from the DVDs to supplement his Spoilore sections, and I think a history of Westeros section would be another great opportunity to use those.

Sorry if this is stupid question, what DVD's are you talking about? Do you mean actual DVD's that play on a DVR, or something else? Whatever it is can you tell me where I can find it?

The twist could be that Arya arrives in the North and learns that Melisandre brought Jon back, and that Beric and Thoros are fighting on Jon's side, so she removes those three names from her list, as she did with Sandor. OTOH, checking a name off a list does not carry the double meaning that crossing a name off does.

I'm not sure which (Arya in the North or at The Twins) is more believable to occur in the finale, but people do get around on this show really quickly.
    Underwood
  • FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
    edited June 2016
    Shum said:

@FlashGordon   That's way funny!  I was talking about a history of Westeros, but I agree that a historical comparison could also be interesting.  A Ron has talked about using the histories and lore from the DVDs to supplement his Spoilore sections, and I think a history of Westeros section would be another great opportunity to use those.

Sorry if this is stupid question, what DVD's are you talking about? Do you mean actual DVD's that play on a DVR, or something else? Whatever it is can you tell me where I can find it?

Hey @treerocks not stupid at all, I was talking about when they release the season DVDs, one of the extras they include is a history and lore of westeros, they're all on youtube though, i've posted a couple below, really good if you like the depth of the story
    treerocks said:

treerocks said:

treerocks
    Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules
  • UnderwoodUnderwood Philadelphia, PA

The twist could be that Arya arrives in the North and learns that Melisandre brought Jon back, and that Beric and Thoros are fighting on Jon's side, so she removes those three names from her list, as she did with Sandor. OTOH, checking a name off a list does not carry the double meaning that crossing a name off does.

I'm not sure which (Arya in the North or at The Twins) is more believable to occur in the finale, but people do get around on this show really quickly.

Great thought, that's got to be it. Arya killing three people next episode would be almost a bit much lol.
    "The mouse lady had kind eyes"
  • TheEconomistTheEconomist Chattanooga, TN

Listening to the one for 609. Maisie's hand (Leaving the blood trail on the wall) was seen in Trailer #2, so her lie is probably #3: "Arya doesn't cross any more names off her list, which contradicts Sophie's "Arya checks three people off her list." Either Lady Stoneheart returns, or Arya checks three people off her list. I think it is far more likely that Arya kills three people. It would be really sudden for her to show up at The Twins, but perhaps it would make more sense than Jaime Lannister killing the Freys. Although I'm totally down for that, too.

Maisie:

Sophie:
    Ramsay dies. (Truth)

It's been a long time since I've taken symbolic logic and I was trying to picture a truth table in my head while listening but failed. So I don't know if it was addressed but invalidating crossing no names does not validate crossing 3 names necessarily. She can cross one or two or any number besides 3 and make both statements false. So it's really hard to deduct what true or a lie.
    pavlovsbell
    @TheEconomist
    That's a good point. I just really think Lady Stoneheart is off the table. 
  • @FlashGordon

You are so lovely and awesome.
    Many Many Thanks
    FlashGordon
  • MelonuskMelonusk Ireland
    edited June 2016

Maisie:

Sophie:
    Ramsay dies. (Truth)
    I would tend to agree on that. Although her crossing three people off her list doesn't necessarily mean she has to be the one doing the deed. Which is why I think that Walder Frey could be killed by her, while Cersei & the Mountain at KL could be dead from the fiery trial. The other name she has on her list is the Hound I think, and I sure hope he won't be killed just 3 episodes after coming back.

EDIT: Is Melisandre also on her list? If so I'm changing my statement. She could be the third one while Cersei OR the Mountain dies.
  • Just thinking regarding Bran and the Nights King

If touching Bran:

I know it is bad form to pull up one's own tinfoil but I'm almost certain after tonight's episode that this will happen
  • Listening to the one for 609. Maisie's hand (Leaving the blood trail on the wall) was seen in Trailer #2, so her lie is probably #3: "Arya doesn't cross any more names off her list, which contradicts Sophie's "Arya checks three people off her list." Either Lady Stoneheart returns, or Arya checks three people off her list. I think it is far more likely that Arya kills three people. It would be really sudden for her to show up at The Twins, but perhaps it would make more sense than Jaime Lannister killing the Freys. Although I'm totally down for that, too.

Maisie:

Sophie:
    Ramsay dies. (Truth)
    I was thinking this when listening on Friday night

Don't think the two Frey "children" count, though?  Does the Waif count??

If they do, that makes 4 off her list in my mind.  I'd say the Waif was higher on the list than them though.  "Chief" Walder Frey of course was high up.
  • SoyAlecks said:

Maisie:

Sophie:
    Ramsay dies. (Truth)
    I wonder if she will add names to the list then in turn take them off... Like she did with Rog.. She didn't know his name so he wasn't on the list until he told her his name.. Then she killed him. So maybe she learns the names of the 2 guys to killed Catlyn & Robs wife... Add those 2 plus Walder Frey.. Makes 3 names off the list... Other than that who would the 3 be?
    I was right