SPOILORE / "Tinfoil" topic archive *SPOILERS*

12346»

Comments

• LukeLuke Central Illinois
    I think we can now use the show to tell us most of the results of the Grand Northern Conspiracy and LSH.

Clearly at some point Manderly's plan goes wrong and Ricken/Osha die. Either they got eaten at Skagos or Ramsey gets them like in the show either way that whole plot leads to not shit.

Frey pie was confirmed this episode.

Jamie makes it back safe from the Riverlands so I'm guessing he probably helps LSH into the Twins in exchange for he and Briennes lives. And instead of Arya killing Walder alone we get Red Wedding 2.0.
    TheEconomist
  • Could Arya take Walder Freys face. She could free her uncle and give him his lands back. She could also control his army. Maybe have them march on kings landing..
    budesignsTheEconomist
  • Just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed the Spoilore casts. This season is the first time I've allowed myself to listen to them since reading all the books between seasons 5 and 6 and it's definitely added a lot to my enjoyment of the show.

On a side note, I'm amazed that A.Ron and Jim managed to speculate about Euron using a kraken-summoning horn without once saying "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!".
    Elisa
  • SoyAlecks said:

Could Arya take Walder Freys face. She could free her uncle and give him his lands back. She could also control his army. Maybe have them march on kings landing..

Interesting idea but have we ever seen a Faceless Man change sex/body size along with the face? Walder Frey's face on a child's body might look a bit odd. I'm not saying that hasn't happened but I can't think of an example offhand. For example when Jaqen reveals himself outside the House of Black and White, his height and build don't change, it's just a Mission Impossible-style mask reveal. Also, the waif in the bridge scene is wearing a much older face but her height and build are the same.
  • My apologies in advance if this is already an established theory, but the below idea came to me during my off-season re-watch.
    Is Arya leaving the Faceless Men actually part of her training/indoctrination? 
    This action is presented as a rebellion in the show, but perhaps she is actually fulfilling their expectations. The use of face's by those who are not ready is as good as poison. The show has illustrated this for us with Arya's blinding, but her blindness ended up functioning as much as a training exercise as a punishment. Perhaps the true cost of using a face is a piece of your identity. Jaqen tells Arya that she is not ready to be "No One", but can become someone else. Each time you take a face you become less and less of yourself. This concept would be reminiscent of the phenomena of a Warg spending too much time as a wolf/bird/etc. Each piece lost might be imperceptible, but the net result of having taken numerous faces over a prolonged period of time is a total loss of self. In this way a person becomes "No One" by becoming numerous other  "someone's". 
    russkelly
  • Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    So the boys mentioned in the Spoilelore cast that neither of them think Gendry is coming back, but *Spoiler* the actor was seen on set filming earlier this year
    "because everything would be what it isn't"
  • So the boys mentioned in the Spoilelore cast that neither of them think Gendry is coming back, but *Spoiler* the actor was seen on set filming earlier this year

He was at the HBO launch party too...
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited July 16
    @A_Ron_Hubbard was talking about the Ice Wall and what was the point of The Brotherhood if they have this magical wall protecting them. What about the theory that The Wall wasn't built by Bran the Builder but was built long ago by The Night's King or Great Other or someone from that side to keep Man out of their lands? I'd love a scene where the Night's King rolls up and the good guys are standing behind ""their" wall and he gives a "This is my wall, ya'll" and just crumbles it.

Also, I wonder if Benjen and Jon will meet this year. That just popped in my head and it would be cool for the two undead Starks to have a little reunion, FINALLY.
    russkellyakritenbrink
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    I heard on History of Westeros that The Hound might be the one that seals Littlefinger's fate. It's Littlefinger that betrays Ned Stark in the throne room after Robert Baratheon dies and Joffray hastily takes the throne. Of all the people in the throne room at the time that happened, only Littlefinger and Sandor are still alive. If Sandor makes his way up to Winterfell with the Brotherhood and reunites with Sansa and he sees Littlefinger there trying to manipulate Sansa, Sandor could very well be all, "Hey girl, Littlefinger betrayed your dad. It's his fault all this happened..." and then they could just execute Littlefinger.
    Vasilnate1akritenbrink
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    I have one spoiler thought that is an unresolved book plot. The dragon horn. Is it possible Euron is going to go get that to present to Cersi? That would for sure make a good gift for someone needing to fight dragons.
  • @Luke

Well, even if, he has to test it on a dragon first, right? Any volunteers?  Must be a great line of trade selling dragon horns since you never have to refund anyone. :-)

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited August 11
    Jaime Stoneheart!!!

I don't know, it just occurred to me as a way of keeping around a character who should obviously die.
  • Can anyone who saw or was exposed to the spoilers for this season tell me what they knew beforehand?
  • I didn't read the leaks beforehand because I heard they were pretty in-depth and would rather watch the show than read the script. Now, researching into those spoilers essentially I was correct in my estimation, pretty much the entire script for every episode leaked, were corroborated with set photos, and the internet essentially pieced together every plot point for the season. So if you had read the spoilers before the season you had a very boring version of the events that were going to happen. It's easy enough to find them on the net if you're curious.
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited September 1
    I really hope S8 doesn't get leaked in the same details as this season because that makes things so much less fun, reading scripts without having the performance to back them up just sounds like very dull way to learn the story. If the production crew has some free time I think they might have measured success at creating fake leaks to circulate around and reintroduce some of the mystery and theory crafting next season.
  • Be careful reading those leaks - I read them after the season finished and there was a fairly significant plot point in there that didn't actually happen this season - there's a chance it was pushed back to season 8, so it could still be a spoiler.
    I said, "This is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap. And I do not say that lightly."
  • ^^ but this is the spoiler thread?
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited September 1
    I accidentally deleted my previous comment instead of editing it for some reason so I'll reiterate it in more detail here. Spoilore doesn't explicitly cover production leaks. I'd say start a new thread titled S8 production leaks instead of discussing them here. Although S7 production leaks are mostly past news if some detail in there was saved for next season that's more of a production leak for S8 and than a tinfoil or book spoiler theory.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    OK in brief, I knew about the wight plan, Viserion goes team night king, boat sex, melisandre appearance, jon and dany finally meet, starks reunited (arya, sansa, bran), littlefinger gets his just desserts, euron and cersei, the return of gendry, the return of thoros, beric and the hound, thoros dies, the wall comes tumbling down.  But I didn't know  some of the details or how they get there.
  • ^^ but this is the spoiler thread?

yeah but we're still safe from leaks here right?
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    edited September 2
    I only read scripts leaks that occur or are released during the actual production time and then I verify them with production leaks. :o)
  • voodoorat said:

^^ but this is the spoiler thread?

yeah but we're still safe from leaks here right?
  • Elisa said:

OK in brief, I knew about the wight plan, Viserion goes team night king, boat sex, melisandre appearance, jon and dany finally meet, starks reunited (arya, sansa, bran), littlefinger gets his just desserts, euron and cersei, the return of gendry, the return of thoros, beric and the hound, thoros dies, the wall comes tumbling down.  But I didn't know  some of the details or how they get there.

Wow, that's pretty much everything. Remind me what was Melisandre's appearance?
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    She came early on and basically told Danaerys how great Jon Snow was and that she should meet with him and listen to his message.
  • I'm 100% sure the same exact thing will happen next year. There are just too many people involved in the production.

GoT leaks is practically its own industry at this point.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Yes, pretty much happens each year/season and I look foward to it :-D