Sharp Objects Ep. 8 - Milk

A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
edited August 2018 in Other TV
Directed by: Jean-Marc Vallée
Writers: Marti Noxon & Gillian Flynn

It has been a real treat doing this series with you all. Can't wait to start exploring book vs show differences!
voodooratcdriveMurderbearFreibergMichellesiobhan.alyseOpusWhoJoe_Bearweeniegirl

Comments

• kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    I don’t think I’ve been this hyped for a tv episode since the last season of GOT.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    So ready for this 
  • Damn they hit us with a True Detective teaser.....got me excited for that in Jan. 
    GeorgeMurderbearstevenduran1240A_Ron_Hubbardrustywright4
  • GeorgeGeorge Astoria, New York
    All the way in for TD3.

Sharp Objects has been pretty boring to me save for the last couple of episodes. Glad it picked up, though.
  • There are too many minutes left in this episode, Amma definitely did it. 
    MurderbearrusskellyCapeGabe
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    Twist incoming!
    Well then.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Teeth in the floor!
    Doctor_Nick
  • Someone called it !!!!!??
  • Aron wins the internet again. 
    MurderbearKellyAnneBDFENNseGranolaJonesLauraRebeccaMichelleBlusisterstevenduran1240A_Ron_HubbardDani_Armindoand 3 others.
  • Aron, come on man... you didn’t crib from the book?  How did you call that? 
    russkellyThe_D
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    edited August 2018
    My god, the teeth in the floor. Now that's how you reveal the killer is one of the more obvious choices. So good. Well earned.
    FreibergJaimieT
  • Unbridled rage, not from one, but the other. How do you not tell anyone knowing the risk of a repeat incident. Camille finally looked like she was recovering only to have this bombshell drop on her.  The cinematography and music choices were really great and added emotional impact at the right points. 
    Murderbear
  • edited August 2018
    C’mon, Aron... really????
    Jdavis2037
  • edited August 2018
    Can’t believe you called that.

LauraRebecca
  • So Amma probably goes to....juvie, a psychiatric ward? Not entirely sure where you send 15 year old murderers. Also goddamn, Camille just can’t win, everyone in her family is terrible or dead. 
  • Wow!  That’s was incredible!  What an amazing ending.  So glad I got the tip to watch through the credits. 
    edited August 2018
    KingKobra said:
    The cinematography and music choices were really great and added emotional impact at the right points. 
    Yeah, Camille seeing the teeth and then Amma standing there and the music goes right back to a Led Zeppelin song from earlier in the season was a great touch.
    Freiberg
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Man, I really wish the teeth thing had been a surprise. That would have blown my mind. Oh well. Great show, and that episode went by really fast.
    rkcrawfrusskelly
  • And...called it. Internet points comin. Although, my guess was just a guess. @A_Ron_Hubbard put together the ivory and the teeth...

I think this was a great season of tv. One of the best mini-series of its kind, in a long time. On face value, I liked everything about the execution (acting, directing, cinematography, etc.). My only quibble is that the show has to go from a 5 out of 10 in family-fucked-upness for the first 7 episodes to a 74.5 / 10 in the last 3 episodes. There was so much misdirection, which is needed in the age of Reddit, that it feels like manipulation. Curry came out of nowhere. But I accept that as a necessary evil in this day.

Also, bonus points for the artfulness that they handled some delicate issues that are not often front and center. 

Really interested now now on how this compared to the book.
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    I think Amma turned out.......better than expected considering who her mother was 
    CapeGabe
  • Alkaid13 said:
    There are too many minutes left in this episode, Amma definitely did it. 
    Yeah, same thing happened to me. Need to hide my clock for shows like this. The time left and Adora going down so easy made me see where it was ending up.
    MurderbearFreiberg
  • Everyone saw mid & post credits right? Fuck sleeping. Sleeping is stupid. 
    LauraRebeccaKingKobraCapeGabecdrive
  • Man, gonna take a lot of therapy to get over that one. 
  • Def watch through the credits. Wow. 8 weeks well spent.
    OpusWhoMurderbearrusskellyFreiberg
    That continuation piece she writes is about to be fire, though.
    Eine Frauphoenyx1023TxSandManFreibergDummyJoe_Bear
  • Sharper Objects. 2019.
    MurderbearFreibergstevenduran1240hisdudeness915A_Ron_Hubbardweeniegirl
  • Oh she better win a fucking Pulitzer for her sequel: My whole family is terrible, a biography. 
    ghm3CapeGabe
    I'm still slightly confused by Ashley. Was she directly involved in the killings? I first thought she gave up John just so she could maybe get her name in the paper or something like that but now I'm wondering if she either helped or knew Amma did it and lied to help her. And who bit her ear? I at first thought it was Amma and maybe they got into a fight but hell, maybe it was one of the girls that were killed.
    CapeGabecdriveDummyPangsBroRad33mschieve
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    Holy fuck.