'Mr. Robot' to End With Season 4 on USA Network

It has now been confirmed that Season 4 will be the final season of Mr. Robot

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/mr-robot-end-season-4-usa-network-1137204
KingKobra

Comments

• Well he did plan 4-5 seasons and I’m happy that Esmail will be able to end it on his terms. Too often we get shows that are dragged out due to money or some other factor. Looking forward to this season even more now. 

Here is Esmail’s tweet on it:
    https://twitter.com/samesmail/status/1034844678833618944?s=21

SantosLHalperiMatty94ElisaCretanBullDoubleA_Ron
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    This seems about right to me.  I think you can basically throw out season 2 and just have a good solid 3 seasons of show. 
    iMatty94
  • 2019 is shaping up to be a blockbuster year of TV. RIP to the guys lives. 
    Elisa
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2018
    That's a bummer; I was hoping for 5 seasons.  I don't know why, but 5 seasons seems to have that "essential" feel for a great television show.  BM or another podcast suggested a slower operatic S4 to set up the final stakes and then bringing it home in S5.  I'd like that, especially after the break-neck pace of S3.  Oh well, I hope he can do everything he wants in 12 episodes.
    Elisa
  • GredalBee said:
    That's a bummer; I was hoping for 5 seasons.  I don't know why, but 5 seasons or 5+ years seems to have that "essential" feel for a great television show.  BM or another podcast suggested a slower operatic S4 to set up the final stakes and then bringing it home in S5.  Essentially how S2 pumped the brakes and then ramped up for S3.  I hope he can do everything he wants in 10-12 episodes.
    He’s said in reality his vision was between 4-5 seasons which would fit the 8 episode order for season 3 +4 episodes to closenit out. I’d rather have a tight 12 than a drawn out 16 where things are delayed just to fit the number of episodes. If he couldn’t do what he wanted it wouldn’t be ending in 12 ;) I don’t think USA was really pushing for him to end it. 
  • Yay, @KingKobra is still going to "well actually" me in every Mr. Robot thread I post in.  I had to turn my notifications off one week it was so annoying.  I missed this place.
    Giovanni
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I’ll remember to no longer interact with you. 
  • GredalBee said:
    Yay, @KingKobra is still going to "well actually" me in every Mr. Robot thread I post in.  I had to turn my notifications off one week it was so annoying.  I missed this place.
    Uh OH
    Nerd beef
    None on this side. I don’t even remember what happened before. Could have been taken care of via PM, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
  • edited August 2018
    KingKobra said:
    GredalBee said:
    Yay, @KingKobra is still going to "well actually" me in every Mr. Robot thread I post in.  I had to turn my notifications off one week it was so annoying.  I missed this place.
    Uh OH
    Nerd beef
    None on this side. I don’t even remember what happened before. Could have been taken care of via PM, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
    Everyone knows you're the villian of this forum, stop it lol
    Listen here, that’s only on even days and every other holiday :D. The rest of my time I’m just an misunderstood regular joe. 
  • man @akritenbrink get on that. S3 is amazing.
    Elisa
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Join me to that club. Season 2 soured me, and I bought the blu-ray of Season 3, but in all honesty, I am so far removed from the story that I barely remember what happened at the end of Season 2. So I am actually a bit happy that the 4th season won't premiere until 2019. It gives a chance to catch up and actually figure out what is going on. 
  • I loved season 2
    I'm with you that I loved season 2 as well.  It was prior to me really listening to podcasts so I hadn't found Bald Move at that point and I was never spoiled by the big reveal of season 2.  I feel like that is a big part of what ruined season 2 for most people that hated it.  It's obviously not possible to unhear something but I wish that was something that people could unhear or forget about and see what they thought of the season without that knowledge.  
  • I loved season 2
    I'm with you that I loved season 2 as well.  It was prior to me really listening to podcasts so I hadn't found Bald Move at that point and I was never spoiled by the big reveal of season 2.  I feel like that is a big part of what ruined season 2 for most people that hated it.  It's obviously not possible to unhear something but I wish that was something that people could unhear or forget about and see what they thought of the season without that knowledge.  
    Yeah... I stopped listening to the podcasts about Mr Robot because I just wanted to have my own experience with it. 

I think people love/hate season 2 based on their tolerance for storytelling tomfoolery, but luckily I have a high tomfoolery tolerance level, lol
    Sam tweeted that it was his favorite season too. 
    Elisa
This discussion has been closed.