• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Jeopardy
    Legends of the Hidden Temple
    Cash Cab
    Family Feud (advantage to Steve Harvey)
    Nick Arcade
    DummycdriveTravis
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    After dinner, 9 nights out of 10 our living room tv goes to Game Show Network and the Family Fued marathon M-F 7-11pm!! 

All time top 5 game shows no particular order:
    Family Fued (any host... I love them all!!)
    Jeopardy
    Match Game
    card sharks
    press your luck
    MurderbearDummycdriveDoctor_NickTravisKingKobra
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Oh Price is Right #1. Just if alone for that killer bass line in the theme song.

American Gladiators 
    Family Feud
    Double Dare
    Love Connection

DummyTaraC73MurderbearTravisFreddy
  • It really is hard to rank these because it depends on my mood. 

Jeopardy - This is #1 no matter my mood
    Price is Right - Bob Barker is preferred, but Drew Carey isn't bad
    The Weakest Link - I love the core game, but hated the between round banter. Just vote someone off and lets be done with it
    Family Feud - It's still fun to watch people make dumb guesses, but Steve Harvey needs to hurry the fuck up with his faces
    Newlywed game - Always fun to watch couples get mad at each other for not knowing what the other one is thinking. 
    cdriveTaraC73MurderbearTravis
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited August 2018
    ^strong choices. Weakest link was a fun little moment - strong mechanics. Jeopardy is the ultimate trivia and I also love the multi-platform video games that came from it. 
    DummyTravis
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    anyone remember the Saturday morning game show on NBC 'I'm Telling!'? basically it was siblings trying to guess what the other one said (like the newlywed game). then at the end the winning team would have a chance to win bunch of prizes based on what the siblings guessed.
    Travis
    and @TaraC73 mentioned one of my favorites as a kid (to come to find out as an adult that it was rigged :# ). Press Your Luck!

'BIG BUCKS! BIG BUCKS! BIG BUCKS! STOP!!..' '

'WHAMMY!'

Image result for WHAMMY gif
    MurderbearDoctor_NickTravisKingKobra
  • ... Double Dare.
    Travis
    Chinaski said:
    and @TaraC73 mentioned one of my favorites as a kid (to come to find out as an adult that it was rigged :# ). Press Your Luck!
    SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE!!!! RIGGED???? You’re joking, right?
    :heartbreak: :bawling:
    Frakkin TTravis
    TaraC73 said:
    Chinaski said:
    SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE!!!! RIGGED???? You’re joking, right?
    :heartbreak: :bawling:
    ok ok let's back up. my bad. it was a story that was a bad case of telephone. not rigged, just some dude that did his homework. reading through this it's quite fascinating. would make a fun movie. i kinda wanna read the graphic novel.

TaraC73Frakkin TTravis

This is fascinating!!!

Since his death in 1999, Larson's game has re-aired on TV at various times and inspired two Game Show Networkdocumentaries: Big Bucks: The Press Your LuckScandal in 2003 and Cover Story: The Press Your Luck Scandal in 2018.

A biographical feature film was planned in 2000 in which Bill Murray would portray Larson,[6] but was never produced.[7] Larson's performance on Press Your Luck was featured in a July 2010 broadcast of This American Life.[8]
    ChinaskiFrakkin TTravis
  • The Running Man

ChinaskiDoctor_NickFrakkin TTaraC73Travis
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Family Feud - Steve Harvey as host
    Wheel of Fortune
    Match Game (the old one, not the new reboot)
    What's My Line
    To Tell The Truth
    Travisrusskelly
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Price is Right
    Wheel of Fortune
    I suck at Jeopardy, but I love watching Alex Trebek just be as smug as all fuck to the contestants. 
    Travis
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    Ok... Have I gotten a lot smarter or has jeopardy gotten a lot easier? I hadn't watched it for years but my husband's co worker was on it recently and I knew almost all the answers.
    That's the thing about Jeopardy. Knowing the answers isn't nearly as helpful as being able to read the questions. There's almost always a hint embedded in each question; you just have to look for it and be ready to figure it out.

What about reality-competition shows like Project Runway, Ink Master, Face Off etc.? Do we consider those game shows?
    Travis
  • There is a difference between game shows and competition shows. There needs to be a game played for it to be a game show. Who is the best model or tattoo artist is a competition and not a game. 
    Travis
    @Dummy hit the nail on the head... skin Wars/project runway and the like are competition shows. 

I totally forgot about wheel of fortune too!

DummyTravis
  • Tiffany Coyne  >  Alex Trebek  >  Steve Harvey  >  All the others
  • When it was among the few things on comedy central i loved win ben stein's money. I also loved the British version of Who's Line is it anyway but i not sure that counts as a game show 
    Travis
  • I'd probably go with Family Feud for the top spot.
    Let's Make a Deal, but mostly on the strength of having a complete blast making a day of being an audience member. Super fun show to watch taped.
    Jeopardy
    The Weakest Link
    Wheel of Fortune

Nice pull to the couple of people who picked Double Dare. Man, I loved that show when I was a kid. I wanted to be on it so badly.
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Sábado Gigante

Childhood at my grandma’s house
    ChinaskiTaraC73
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    I used to kill answering Jeopardy questions. But over the last years it seems to have gotten harder. 

I like Let’s Make A Deal
    Noel said:
    Sábado Gigante

@Noel - Yes!!

Image result for el chacal sabado gigante gif
    DummyNoel
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Chinaski said:
    Noel said:
    Sábado Gigante

@Noel - Yes!!

Image result for el chacal sabado gigante gif
    Anytime someone does something stupid or tells a terrible joke at a family function, everyone starts saying that over and over. The best. 
    Chinaski
  • Has anybody else here seen divided? That is a pretty good game show.
     4 people answer trivia questions getting money but every second it takes them to agree on an answer the money ticks down. Then each time they are wrong they lose half the money they have earned. Then they have to agree to kick off one memeber in the middle and then at the end theh have to agree on unequal split of the money. One person gets 60%, one person gets 30% and one person gets 10%. But just like the questions each second they don’t agree they keep losing money. 
    Anyways I watch a lot of game shows and is one of my new favorites. Really interesting to watch the game dynamics as people try to help the team but not out themselves in a situation where they are losing 
    who remembers Concentration?
    Michelle