Serial - Season 3

amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
Trailer pod just dropped for Serial S3, sounds interesting, though no doubt the injustices will make my blood boil! Hope this season gets back on track, I didn't even finish S2.
rustywright4

Comments

• I wonder if the fellas Would  consider covering this like they would a TV show? I’d be up for it
    Murderbear
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    A podcast covering a podcast, that's like podcast inception. 
    Travisrustywright4
  • Those podcast podcasts definitely exist.  I think there were even a couple covering Serial.  There was definitely one for We're Alive.
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited September 5
    kuman07 said:
    A podcast covering a podcast, that's like podcast inception. 

"Welcome to Podception, the Officially Unofficial Podcast for the podcast Serial, I'm Jim"
    DoubleA_RonMichelleadobo1148Flukes
  • MichelleMichelle California
    What is season 3 due to be covering?  *too lazy to research* 
  • I think the Serial ones were almost all after the fact but it kind of kicked off the true crime explosion so I doubt that would be the case now.

Jim said:
    Those podcast podcasts definitely exist.  I think there were even a couple covering Serial.  There was definitely one for We're Alive.

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Jim said:
    Those podcast podcasts definitely exist.  I think there were even a couple covering Serial.  There was definitely one for We're Alive.
    I am like 99% sure The A/V club had one covering episodes of at least one of the seasons of Serial. 
  • Slate had podcasts about Serial Season 2 also.

I've switched phones and I don't remember if Serial is one of my feeds now or not. 
    Michelle said:
    Never mind - I just looked it up and all I have to say is, THAT's what the in-depth focus will be on?  Seriously?  I guess I'll skip this season also.
    Michelle said:
    Michelle said:
    Never mind - I just looked it up and all I have to say is, THAT's what the in-depth focus will be on?  Seriously?  I guess I'll skip this season also.
    Okay, correcting myself on this.  I didn't watch the trailer, but I searched Serial season 3 and found an article saying that it was going to focus on her finding the other members of the band Fugazi (aside from the lead singer).  I didn't see the date on the article, but after listening to today's lunch and hearing ARon talk about the trailer, I went back to the article and found it was dated 2016.  So, I'm glad to know it's not about that after all and am looking forward to the new season.
    amyja89Flukesrustywright4
  • Listened to the trailer, I can definitely picture getting a good ~45 minute @A_Ron_Hubbard rant about the injustices of the justice system after every episode this season.
    daniellemathiesonFlukes
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited September 20
    Episode 1 is basically Huell's case from this week's Better Call Saul! Although the defense attorney did not utilize the office supply strategy.

And it is as expected super depressing - it's a case that everyone involved seems to consider "the justice system working" ... but it still has a major negative impact on the defendant that no one seems to recognize.
    daniellemathiesonFlukes
  • Also here's the security cam footage that is described in episode 1:

• The first two episodes are really good. I actually typed out “I really enjoyed the first two episodes.” before deleting it. That seems like the wrong sentiment since both primary stories were fairly scary / depressing.
    mjmullady
  • After listening to the first two eps it seems like we're probably going to be getting plenty of social justice rager fuel this seasos. Hopefully there will be some glimmers of hope for some sort of reform sprinkled in there
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited October 3
    This first episode with the bar fight is really interesting. I wonder how it is for lawyers. I’ve grown leery of Serial/documentaries at near face value. 
  • My brother in law is a defense attorney and he sounds exactly like Russ, jaded, cynical, even borderline nihilistic. 
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I work in the courts quite a bit and it is really easy to get that way. It is pretty accurate. 
  • Oh man episode 4. A rough one.