What would you like to see from Bald Move?

Our boys are doing a lot of shifting and changing as of late, with formatting and platforms. We are here because of their coverage of tv and movies we love, and if you’re like me, LWJ&A is a huge factor in your Bald Move experience. 
With their recent moving away from twitch due to inactivity, I’m curious, what is it that Bald Move fans really want to see out of Bald Move? Innovation? More of the Same? 
Travis

Comments

• LWJ&A is definitely a huge one for me so I'd love to see that stay for sure. I think the idea of seasonality is a good one and I'm curious to see where they go with that. I think an advice show would be interesting - when it comes up on lunch, they've offered some really insightful perspectives so I would enjoy that in a dedicated show. 

The gaming stuff doesn't appeal to me. I don't play and never will. 
    TravisNickplay
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited September 11
    I'd love to see another run at the Al and Joe treatment one of these days. Rah Rah Riverdale was so much fun. I think the key would be that the subject would need to be something that really felt right. So much of what made RRR so great was that you could just tell they were having a ton of fun doing it. I feel like the caveat to my wanting to see it happen again is that I would want them to be excited to do it. If those stars aligned, I would be over the moon for another round of it.

Also, I think someone just needs to make a show that is as amazing and engaging and thoughtful and deep as the Leftovers so they can cover it. Come on, TV creators. I mean, how hard can it be?
    Flukes
  • I really enjoy the format of their podcasts (full recap, feedback, spoilers) and I'm always a little annoyed when they stray from that.  They still do some excellent coverage with their "half assed" format, but I still think the standard format is always better.  

That said I would love to see more innovation with club content.  Riverdale, QYP, and Silent Movies were awesome, and I would love to see more crazy ideas like those.  
    TravisJaimieTMurderbearA_Ron_HubbardJoshuaHeterKoun7erfit
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    More trials by combat.....I guess they could only have one, unless they keep replacing the losing host.
    TravisMurderbearA_Ron_Hubbardmjmullady
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited September 11
    Shum said:
    I really enjoy the format of their podcasts (full recap, feedback, spoilers) and I'm always a little annoyed when they stray from that.  They still do some excellent coverage with their "half assed" format, but I still think the standard format is always better.  

That said I would love to see more innovation with club content.  Riverdale, QYP, and Silent Movies were awesome, and I would love to see more crazy ideas like those.  
    The Silent Movies thing was great. I understand what a logistical nightmare they must be, but the one they did for the Channing Tatum dog-man movie (can't remember the name) was super fun to take in. I'd definitely love to check out more of that if they ever do some.

LWJ&A is definitely a huge one for me so I'd love to see that stay for sure. I think the idea of seasonality is a good one and I'm curious to see where they go with that. I think an advice show would be interesting - when it comes up on lunch, they've offered some really insightful perspectives so I would enjoy that in a dedicated show. 

I'm also totally all in on the Bald Move life advice show. 100%. I get that it's more A.Ron's thing, but I think Jim would be really good at it as well if he wanted to do it. Either way though I'm totally in for a "Dear A.Ron" type of thing.
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    The fucking political show that makes appeals to Star Trek values.
    TravisShumMurderbearFlukesCretanBullDoctor_NickLordByhisdudeness915Koun7erfitmjmulladyand 1 other.
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    edited September 11
    I want to hear them talk about everything. Pure discussion.

A book of the month, random nerd stuff, a  three hour podcast on how to sail, learning to code, mandatory annual road trip podcast, cooking tips, debate club, an entire D&D campaign in character, DIY projects, a non stop Parks & Rec binge, and different philosophical dilemmas that challenge your morals and ethics.

No pressure or anything.
    TravisShumMurderbearNoelMichellemjmullady
  • I want to hear them talk about everything. Pure discussion.

A book of the month, random nerd stuff, a  three hour podcast on how to sail, learning to code, mandatory annual road trip podcast, cooking tips, debate club, an entire D&D campaign in character, DIY projects, a non stop Parks & Rec binge, and different philosophical dilemmas that challenge your morals and ethics.

No pressure or anything.
    I know comedies don't make great podcast fodder and as amazing as Parks is I believe that it isn't really an exception to that rule, but I'm HERE for a Parks and Rec rewatch pod. I will gladly take that combination of 'literally' my two favorite things in the respective mediums of television and podcasting.
    MurderbearMattyWeavesTxSandMan
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    edited September 11
    JaimieT said:
    Utopia Planitia: Building a Better (human) Enterprise
    Travis
    Flukes said:
    JaimieT said:
    Utopia Planitia: Building a Better (human) Enterprise

I'm a fan of "Beam Me Up America." 
    FlukesMurderbearKoun7erfit
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    I can't wait for the episode about the right to bear dust busters.
    edited September 11
    Flukes said:
    I can't wait for the episode about the right to bear dust busters.

"When they set those phasers to kill, that was a big fucking deal! They made a musical sting for it! If everytime someone picked up their gun that sting played, how many fewer people would die? The number's not zero."

Jesus, this Star Trek politics podcast took a very literal turn.
    Flukes
  • Travis said:

No pressure or anything.
    I know comedies don't make great podcast fodder and as amazing as Parks is I believe that it isn't really an exception to that rule, but I'm HERE for a Parks and Rec rewatch pod. I will gladly take that combination of 'literally' my two favorite things in the respective mediums of television and podcasting.

Parks rewatch would be awesome! I just want them to start covering The Good Place on Bald Move TV. Not just one of the best comedies, but one of the best TV shows period of the last couple years. Mike Schur consulted with Damon Lindelof on some aspects of the show - that should be enough to convince any Bald Mover to at least check it out.
    MurderbearTravisNoel
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I would like to see Aron discuss some masculinity topics. I know Jim wouldn’t be interested in something that personal but I hope Aron can find someone to tackle those topics because I feel like he has a lot of great things to say. Especially about what it means to be a “real man” in 2018 and beyond. I think Aron mentioned that it would be a “men’s issues” pod or something along those lines.
    TravisA_Ron_HubbardDeeFreddyFlukesMichelle
  • MrX said:
    Travis said:

No pressure or anything.

Parks rewatch would be awesome! I just want them to start covering The Good Place on Bald Move TV. Not just one of the best comedies, but one of the best TV shows period of the last couple years. Mike Schur consulted with Damon Lindelof on some aspects of the show - that should be enough to convince any Bald Mover to at least check it out.
    Mike Schurr shits gold as far as I'm concerned. I truly believe he's the GOAT for sitcoms. I would love it if they started covering The Good Place in some capacity.
    MattyWeavesFlukesTeresa from Concord
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    MrX said:
    Travis said:

No pressure or anything.

I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE some Good Place coverage. It's an amazing show and I really like to think the guys would be into it. It's one of those shows that is hard to get people into because it's a comedy on NBC. Lots of people are prejudiced from the jump. I think they could easily cover two or three episodes at a time and it would offer plenty of content to justify it. I know they don't like doing comedies but this could easily be the exception.
    TravisFlukesMrX
  • I wish they could be more flexible with what they cover. I get having to make a schedule but when you see some momentum for something like Stranger Things or more recently Ozark, it would be nice if they could pivot and pick up coverage. I listen to lunch, most commissions and Saul but as a club member that doesn't like QYPs or the Expanse this year has been a little light on my interests. 
  • MrX said:
    Travis said:

No pressure or anything.

I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE some Good Place coverage. It's an amazing show and I really like to think the guys would be into it. It's one of those shows that is hard to get people into because it's a comedy on NBC. Lots of people are prejudiced from the jump. I think they could easily cover two or three episodes at a time and it would offer plenty of content to justify it. I know they don't like doing comedies but this could easily be the exception.
    I do totally get where the comedies thing comes from. They're very correct that with most shows you would just end up with "oh man it was so funny when..." over and over again, but The Good Place does have some really nice layering to it. It still may not work, but I'd love to hear them try. Maybe one thing would be accepting that that they might be shorter podcast episodes, or segments on BMTV. Plus, I really would have loved a cast to go to after the season 1 finale. Holy shit, that episode!
    MurderbearMrX
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Noel said:
    I would like to see Aron discuss some masculinity topics. I know Jim wouldn’t be interested in something that personal but I hope Aron can find someone to tackle those topics because I feel like he has a lot of great things to say. Especially about what it means to be a “real man” in 2018 and beyond. I think Aron mentioned that it would be a “men’s issues” pod or something along those lines.
    That would be the only men’s issues podcast I would ever listen to. Bring it on! 
    NoelTravisMichelle
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I listen to a podcast called The Week Unwrapped, where they talk about three news stories of the week that have gone under the radar. I’d love something like that, just a general chit chat about what’s going on in the world that isn’t just what enraging thing Trumpnado did that day. Kind of a news/politics/life hybrid. But I’d also love the life advice and/or politics casts that @A_Ron_Hubbard has been threatening for a long time. I know @Jim isn’t so keen, but they’re so good at that stuff. 

As for TV and movies, I don’t really watch much of either these days, and I haven’t been listening to most of those podcasts lately as I don’t watch most of the shows they’ve been watching. But that’s okay, I’m still in for the lunches and the occasional movie. 
    MattyWeavesTravisDoctor_NickFlukesMichelleKoun7erfit
    Oh yeah, the Blue Yonder revisits!
    DeeShumMichelle
  • I personally like the lunches the best as far as club content goes.  It's almost closer just to radio talk show, talking about they want and personal lives and stuff.  I wouldn't mind if it was longer or they had a second just chill and talk podcast, maybe something a little more focused.

Even if I'm not into any of the current TV shows there covering I'll always hit up the lunches still, and the movie podcasts if something I'm interested in.  Or with the new seasonal content like the Empire Business, I've always found those interesting.  Looking forward to seeing whats in the future.

Even listening to that new Empire Business I think they said something like often people are free listeners for a couple years and that explains me perfect.  I originally came just cause I wanted to listen to Game of Thrones podcasts and over the long term I just enjoyed the guys personalities and stories about their lives and stuff. Of course the whole Jehovah Wintness thing is quite fascinating to when they have done deep dives into it.

Overall, a lot of their lives, (minus the witness part) is very relatable, as they say, their demo is basically just like them. I'm even divorced with a kid and moved to a new city and state by myself,  followed my ex cause I wanted live near bye my son to be able to raise him still and share custody all that stuff.

And at this point I'll prolly be a subscriber no matter what.  Of course it is great when they do cover a show I'm into also, but I think if they have more content that doesn't always rely on good tv, that can also be great.
    DeeMichelleMurderbearFlukes
  • edited September 12
    fidoz said:
    I wish they could be more flexible with what they cover. I get having to make a schedule but when you see some momentum for something like Stranger Things or more recently Ozark, it would be nice if they could pivot and pick up coverage. I listen to lunch, most commissions and Saul but as a club member that doesn't like QYPs or the Expanse this year has been a little light on my interests. 
    They watch more than they cast on and have discussed Ozark (back in season one) on BMTV. I don’t think either was feeling it at the time. Might be a good lunch question to see if they changed their minds on it. 

Edit: the more I think about it, maybe something like a small cast on “what we’ve been watching”. Doesn’t have to be crazy in depth or anything just a quick rundown/review on things that we might not have seen. I know this can be tough since they have mentioned likening to keep some things “off work”. 
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    edited September 12
    I would like them to watch the shows I watch... Lol

I haven't listened to a bald move podcast for a while because we're on different tracks with what we're watching right now.

For everyone who's asking for a more general podcast- if you're not a subscriber, that's what Lunch is. I'm not a subscriber right now (saving money) but when I was, I found Lunch enjoyable.

I would not want a full on podcast regarding anything political but didn't mind when I heard the odd rant on Lunch. I think it would take away from the core focus of being an entertainment podcast team and anything political creates a lot of divisiveness. Don't take this the wrong way, but I can listen to podcasts that are way more sophisticated in terms of political stuff. I rely on Bald Move to be sophisticated on stuff like Game of Thrones, etc. When it's the odd political rant on Lunch or peppered into another podcast, that's fine, it helps you get to know the hosts. But on its own I think it might be cringey (sorry of that's hurtful). Especially if Jim is not into it, he tends to balance out Aron in a lot of ways so I don't think it would work if it was just Aron alone or with someone else.

On the topic specifically of men's issues, I would be very careful with that topic as  I think you might attract the wrong crowd, regardless of whether you intend to or not. 

That having been said, I would like to hear topical but non political (or at least not primarily political) podcasts, maybe along with a film or maybe not. The example of this is where they reviewed the film Snowden and went into depth about information security. Since they were both IT professionals they knew what they were talking about and it was interesting to me. I'm always really interested to hear about films from the point of view of people who know a lot about the topics. Like- Say a person was really into military history and you went to see a war film with that person. This is something they kinda already just pepper into everything but it would be cool to see a series like this - "Films about stuff we know a lot about" or something? IDK
    Noel
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    I'd like to see more interviews/guests. Their interaction with other people is always gold.
    NoelChinaskiMichelleMurderbearcdrive
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Freddy said:
    I'd like to see more interviews/guests. Their interaction with other people is always gold.
    @Freddy i i think you would make a terrific guest! can i commission that? 
    MichelleFreddyMurderbearcdrive
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX

On the topic specifically of men's issues, I would be very careful with that topic as  I think you might attract the wrong crowd, regardless of whether you intend to or not. 
    This is very true. An entire podcast would probably be a bit overkill and inevitably bring in the wrong kind of listeners. I’m thinking more like certain topics and/or situations. Because I feel like most of the men here are trying to be better and learn from each other. So maybe a corner of a podcast? I’m not describing it well. 

I guess my main take is that, and I’m obviously speaking for myself, I feel like Aron is the kind of man that is willing to put himself out there enough and speak on certain topics that most men wouldn't. I certainly couldn’t do that much, but I’m willing to be part of the conversation.
    DeeMichelleJaimieT
  • akritenbrink said:

To bring synergy to this thread

NoelDeeMurderbearTravisFlukesakritenbrink
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Noel said:

This is very true. An entire podcast would probably be a bit overkill and inevitably bring in the wrong kind of listeners. I’m thinking more like certain topics and/or situations. Because I feel like most of the men here are trying to be better and learn from each other. So maybe a corner of a podcast? I’m not describing it well. 

I guess my main take is that, and I’m obviously speaking for myself, I feel like Aron is the kind of man that is willing to put himself out there enough and speak on certain topics that most men wouldn't. I certainly couldn’t do that much, but I’m willing to be part of the conversation.
    I think “the wrong type of listeners” would last about a minute and a half, and once they realised Aron is about as far from the Red Pill brigade as it’s possible for a man to get, they’d be gone. 
    NoelMurderbearJoshTheBlackTravisFlukes
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    MrX said:
    akritenbrink said:

To bring synergy to this thread

Didn’t Ben end up winning “Woman of the Year” for a magazine because he participated in the bake off? Man I miss Parks and Rec.
    MurderbearTravis