Bald Move fan meetup! (North Atlanta)

JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
edited November 3 in General
We have an oddly high concentration of Bald Move fans in the North Atlanta area. So we should have a meetup. OBVIOUSLY.

No, Jim and A.Ron know nothing about this. They are of course welcome to fly down, but this will probably be just us fans. ;)

I'm thinking Saturday, November 10, sometime in the afternoon, in the Roswell/Alpharetta area. Location will depend on how many people can make it. 

What do you think? 

If any of you Atlantans are lurking, now's your chance to out yourself!

Edit: Nov 10, 3pm at Jekyll Brewing in Alpharetta.
Alkaid13A_Ron_Hubbarddaveh

Comments

• I'm definitely 100% in.
    JaimieT
  • Sounds good. 
    JaimieT
  • Make it so.
    JaimieT
  • I’m down. 
    JaimieT
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    edited September 13
    Meeting in Atlanta in the WINTER?!? Are you people INSANE?!? I mean I guess it's still technically the fall, but this is Georgia we're talking about.

#HarshGeorgiaWinterOnMyMind
    MurderbearFlukesTaraC73weeniegirl
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Meeting in Atlanta in the WINTER?!? Are you people INSANE?!? I mean I guess it's still technically the fall, but this is Georgia we're talking about.

#HarshGeorgiaWinterOnMyMind

November's when it starts getting nice!
    voodooratdjcaudle01
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    I’m in town from the 4 to the 9. Gonna see what I can do. 
    FreddyvoodooratJaimieT
  • Sounds good. Count me in
    JaimieT
    Bumping.
  • Oh cool. I'm North Atlanta too. Wild.

Anything specific planned?
    daveh said:
    Oh cool. I'm North Atlanta too. Wild.

Anything specific planned?

I'm a little new here, but I was going to research closer to. I figure drinks is a good place to start. Again, it's kind of dependent on the turn-out. If there's 4 of us, a board game lol. 
  • Cool idea!  Wish I was close. Have fun!

As a Saints fan, let me just close with “28 - 3”
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited September 26
    I’ve been to that area and loved it!  I visited a friend in Sandy Springs years ago and drove all over that whole area.  Is this old log cabin still standing?  I believe it was in Cumming, on the corner of a parkway and another road that led down to some farms.   This was in 2006/2007.

EDIT:  I found some old correspondence between my friend and I and they said it was on the corner of Burruss Mill Rd. and Parks Rd., northeast of Cumming up by the Coal Mountain area.

Anyway, have a great time at the meetup!  I'm kinda jelly that I can't be there!  
    JaimieT
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have a ton of board games, if it ends up being small. If not, we can just drink and converse like normal humans. 

Battle and Brew is a decent “nerd bar” in Sandy Springs. It’s right on the perimeter.  They have decent food and drinks. They cater mostly to gamers, so generally there’s a lot of people playing video games on the PC’s and in the lounges. 

I’d honestly prefer something else, but if you don’t find anything it’s a decent plan b. 

JaimieTDJ_150
    Michelle said:
    I’ve been to that area and loved it!  I visited a friend in Sandy Springs years ago and drove all over that whole area.  Is this old log cabin still standing?  I believe it was in Cumming, on the corner of a parkway and another road that led down to some farms.   This was in 2006/2007.

Anyway, have a great time at the meetup!  I'm kinda jelly that I can't be there!  

I have no idea, that's more in @Alkaid13's area. Plus he's lived here more than a year. :)

You're always welcome of course!
    edited September 26
    I have a ton of board games, if it ends up being small. If not, we can just drink and converse like normal humans. 

Battle and Brew is a decent “nerd bar” in Sandy Springs. It’s right on the perimeter.  They have decent food and drinks. They cater mostly to gamers, so generally there’s a lot of people playing video games on the PC’s and in the lounges. 

I’d honestly prefer something else, but if you don’t find anything it’s a decent plan b. 

Yeah, I knew about that place... it seems a common Meetup.com destination. I was hesitant since it IS a common meetup spot. It might be crowded or whatever. But that's good to know you think it's good enough for a plan B. 

I am really digging the board game idea.
  • JaimieT I am about 4 or 5 hours north of you in the Triad (Winston-Salem) and you couldn’t be more true about November, it used to be that October was the best month in the dirty south but November is giving it a good fight!

PS - my birthday is close to Christmas and my buddies always take me golfing and I typically wear a t-shirt even that late in the year, I love living here except for maybe July/August when the humidity could drown a fish...you guys have a great time! Let us know how it goes
    JaimieT
  • Great idea! I live in Cumming (just south of the outlet malls in Dawsonville) and work in Alpharetta. We host work events all the time at various bars/restaurants all over Alpharetta, so I can help with a list of options @JaimieT. Feel free to DM me for any support you need on this. 
    JaimieT
    @JaimieT thanks, and that would be amazing, but unfortunately just totally not feasible at this time.  But you guys are going to have a blast!  Btw, pics or it didn't happen!

@hypergenesb do you know the cabin I was talking about (and pictured) above?
  • Michelle said:
    @JaimieT thanks, and that would be amazing, but unfortunately just totally not feasible at this time.  But you guys are going to have a blast!  Btw, pics or it didn't happen!

Do you have any more info?  The photo you posted does not have GPS data embedded.  Did you take the picture?  If so, is this the original from your phone or camera, or was the posted elsewhere and grabbed from there?
    I think there must be a million of those cabins in GA...
    Michelle said:

Do you have any more info?  The photo you posted does not have GPS data embedded.  Did you take the picture?  If so, is this the original from your phone or camera, or was the posted elsewhere and grabbed from there?
    It was on my cell, but it was taken in like 2006 or 2007 when I went down for a visit.  I couldn't remember the street name(s), but I found an old email between my friend and I where he told me where the cabin was located, and I edited the location into my post with the photo.  According to him, it was northeast of Cumming, kind of east of the Coal Mine area, between there and the lake, on the corner of Burruss Mill Rd and Parks Rd.  I remember it being set back just a bit behind some barbwire.  There was an old metal wagon wheel that had been stuck in between two trees that had grown up around it, which I thought was kind of cool.   Anyway, it's not super important but I have always wondered what its status was, as so many older homes are being razed down there in favor of new development.  
  • @Michelle come to Seattle and we'll have our own party, hehe
    I'm down in Portland! PNW meetup should happen!
    edited September 26
    JaimieT said:
    Ugh, why didn't I think to do this?  lol, thanks :)
    Sadly, it looks like it might be gone.  It would have been amidst the trees, on the corner, across the street from where the pin drop is on that.  When you zoom it in looks like two piles of broken up wood or something, and there's definitely grass there now so it must have been long gone.  They haven't developed anything on that corner, so I guess it finally had just collapsed or something. :(
    Anyway - thanks, and I'll bow out now so you guys can keep planning!  
    JaimieT
  • I just counted 8 people who have expressed interest. I'm sure not everyone will make it (even I'm a 'maybe' - new baby is in charge of my schedule). There's also a possibility of significant others joining in. 

What about meeting at a brewery? 

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1Zh6FUoECXANUlnO-FH6ciRBlxFU&usp=sharing

I'd personally vote Burnt Hickory, but that's up in Kennesaw.

I could probably suggest a few others if we like the idea. 
    JaimieT
  • It’s well inside the perimeter, but Scofflaw makes IMO the best IPA (the Basement) and I’ve been meaning to check it out forever. 
  • Michelle said:

There are tons of cabins/structures like this all over Cumming. My father lives close by there. I can check this weekend to see if it's still around @Michelle.
    edited September 27
    Michelle said:

There are tons of cabins/structures like this all over Cumming. My father lives close by there. I can check this weekend to see if it's still around @Michelle.
    Thanks Shayne - Jaimie posted the map imagery and I zoomed in on the satellite view, and it looks like it's collapsed or demolished and gone. :(   I appreciate it though!