Is the Blade Runner Podcast working for you?

I can’t seem to get the episode to play, but not sure if it’s just me.

Comments

• No, it’s not working for me either. I e-mailed the guys, haven’t heard back yet, but I’m sure theyll fix it soon.
  • How are you trying to play it? Have you tried other platforms? Looks like I get a download error via BMM add free and regular as well as BMP on ITunes. I’ve seen this in the past and it’s usually temporary. 
  • @KingKobra I always just download from the webpage, but tried through iTunes, and it gave me an error page as well.
    KingKobra
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    No
  • it 404's
  • Looking 404ward to it tho.
    FreibergTxSandMan
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    They better not 404go fixing it.
    KingKobraFreibergTxSandMan
  • I was going to fix it but then I saw all of your puns and now I think we're just going to refund Sean's money and delete the audio.  You should both be ashamed of yourselves.
    KingKobraDummyChinaskimjmulladyJaimieTFreibergMattyWeavesFreddy
  • seanrayseanray Texas
    edited September 17
    Oh God! See what y’all did! :)
    JimKingKobraFreiberg
  • voodooratvoodoorat Atlanta
    edited September 17
    Sorry, Jim...  For the sake of the ohcommunity or whatever, can you please forgive us?
    JaimieTFreiberg
  • Fine, I guess so.  We're tearing down the old studio today so I'll get it posted when I get home (that's where the files are).  Should be sometime around 6pm EST.
    seanrayKingKobrastevenduran1240mjmulladyFreiberg
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    Wait. Where are the files?

JaimieTFreibergMattyWeavesFreddy
  • Just posted the episode, everyone.  Enjoy.
    voodooratMattyWeavesKingKobraAussieGregseanray
  • Listening right now. Thanks @Jim and @A_Ron_Hubbard
  • edited September 18
    Making Deckard an android is a case of a director putting a pointless twist in a movie, not understanding that it undermines everything. Human Deckard falling in love with android Rachel is a big deal. Android Roy taking pity on human Deckard is a big deal. If Deckard is an android, who cares? I just pretend the unicorn scene doesn't happen.

What makes it even more offensive is that Deckard is confirmed to be human in the book, so Ridley Scott is taking a massive poop on Philip K Dick's story.
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited September 18
    Well they cut out half the book anyway. 

The Voigt-Kampf testing about animal cruelty and the robotic owl is a distant whisper of the book's real animal pets being incredibly expensive and people pretend, for the neighbors, that the robotic animals they are raising are real.  Then the radioactive devastation, kipple and dust and the danger of degeneration and becoming a chickenhead staying on earth. Also the whole religion of Mercer's televised climb combination of Jesus and Sisyphus. 

Making Deckard an android is a case of a director putting a pointless twist in a movie, not understanding that it undermines everything. Human Deckard falling in love with android Rachel is a big deal. Android Roy taking pity on human Deckard is a big deal. If Deckard is an android, who cares? I just pretend the unicorn scene doesn't happen.

What makes it even more offensive is that Deckard is confirmed to be human in the book, so Ridley Scott is taking a massive poop on Philip K Dick's story.

telephoneofmadness
  • Thanks again J&A, I also think that there is evidence of Deckard being a human in 2049 

spoilers to 2049-

I think the miracle of a replicant baby is only possible with a human mate. If 2 replicants reproduced, I think something essential for viability would be missing. It’s like the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park, they needed frog DNA to be viable, and that replicant baby needed human parts to be born, IMO. The other thing is-
    we know from the first Blade Runner, Nexus 6 are the newest models of Replicants. So if Deckard is a replicant, he must be Nexus 6. And we know Nexus 6 have 4 year life spans, so if Rachel dies in childbirth 2 years after the events in BR, and Deckard is still alive 30 years later... how can he be Nexus 6?
    FreddyKingKobratelephoneofmadness
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    This thread fucks.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    "Creepy James Almost"
  • Bladerunner 2049 Spoilers

Yeah, this is one of the sciencey plot holes in Bladerunner 2049.  Police pathologists can't tell an old Nexus body is a replicant without finding the manufacturer's tag, the corporation can recreate Rachel to the T except for screwing up her eye color, they falsify records and hide replicants in schools through use of their DNA records, but somehow creating something that can reproduce is beyond them?    

seanray said:
    Thanks again J&A, I also think that there is evidence of Deckard being a human in 2049 

spoilers to 2049-

I think the miracle of a replicant baby is only possible with a human mate. If 2 replicants reproduced, I think something essential for viability would be missing. It’s like the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park, they needed frog DNA to be viable, and that replicant baby needed human parts to be born, IMO. The other thing is-
    we know from the first Blade Runner, Nexus 6 are the newest models of Replicants. So if Deckard is a replicant, he must be Nexus 6. And we know Nexus 6 have 4 year life spans, so if Rachel dies in childbirth 2 years after the events in BR, and Deckard is still alive 30 years later... how can he be Nexus 6?

• The guy who brought you “Secret Hitler” has managed to turn the Voight-Kampff test into a board game. Initial funding is being done through Kickstarter, with expected deliver in 09/19. It’s $25 plus $10 shipping in the US. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tommy-maranges/inhuman-conditions-a-game-of-cops-and-robots
    telephoneofmadness
  • The guy who brought you “Secret Hitler” has managed to turn the Voight-Kampff test into a board game. Initial funding is being done through Kickstarter, with expected deliver in 09/19. It’s $25 plus $10 shipping in the US. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tommy-maranges/inhuman-conditions-a-game-of-cops-and-robots
    I like the idea of this but I feel like only Tatiana Maslany tier actors could play it.
    JoshTheBlack
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    edited September 24
    I need a "Sad Mockery Of Harrison Ford" branded Bald Move T-shirt.

My $0.02 on Roy sparing Rick:

Once Roy accepts that he cannot fight to extend his own life, he realizes that he can live out the remaining moments he has by not buying into the game that the Bryants and the Tyrells of the world have laid out for him. He sees that Deckard is just another slave in that system. And so his own destiny can be redeemed by sparing the slave that was sent to kill him.

It's the same reason Max doesn't kill Blaster in the Thunderdome.

On the unicorn: while Ridley Scott certainly intends this to prove that Deckard is a replicant, I think it's just an indication that Gaff and Deckard both saw Legend at LAPD Blade Runner Unit movie night. 

#AreYouNotEntertained
    telephoneofmadnessJaimieTseanray

I like the idea of this but I feel like only Tatiana Maslany tier actors could play it.
    The developers have made this available to download for free.