Spooktacular 2018 Community Suggestions

i asked about community suggestions for the upcoming Spooktacular the last lunch and ARon was semi open to it. There should be no expectations that they will pick any of these movies, but I thought it might be interesting to bring maybe the top 1-3 choices for the cast. 

For those that didn’t listen to last years cast these were the movies that were covered:

• It Follows

• The Descent

• The Banshee Chapter

• The Babadook

• Bone Tomahawk

• Hush

• The Invitation

We probably also want to avoid movies that that have been covered on first run or BMM casts in the past  

Here is a horror tag that may help show what has been covered in the past as well:

http://baldmove.com/tag/horror/

My suggestions are as follows:

Jacobs’s Ladder

Candyman

In the Mouth of Madness

None of the above are ultra serious or need really in depth convo, which is sort of the point.  They are kind of cult classics and the last two (especially ItMoM) is probably more fun than scary.  I didn’t want to make watching any selection a chore since this cast was on the light side and I’m not into punishing ARon and Cecily. Hopefully we can all come to some sort of consensus on a handful and bring it to them.  We never know what will happen and maybe we will get lucky enough to have one or more covered (no guarantees). 

Murderbear

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Session 9
    The Thing
    Trick r Treat
    You're Next
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    The Orphanage
    The Others
    It Comes At Night

JoshTheBlack
  • Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    There are some good suggestions here, but you know.... I sorta feel responsible for starting this by asking for Hereditary on Bald Movie, then saying save it for Spooktacular.  Like A.Ron said recently...Cecilly ain't getting paid shit for this so it should just be loose and fun.  I'm not trying to kick this thread in the nuts but it sounded like A.Ron was starting to fear his fun meter was gonna get dragged down if we overload him with requests.  I'm just going to kick my feet up and let the spooky come to me.  Whatever y'all wanna watch y'all.  

ChinaskiKingKobramjmullady
  • cdrive said:
    There are some good suggestions here, but you know.... I sorta feel responsible for starting this by asking for Hereditary on Bald Movie, then saying save it for Spooktacular.  Like A.Ron said recently...Cecilly ain't getting paid shit for this so it should just be loose and fun.  I'm not trying to kick this thread in the nuts but it sounded like A.Ron was starting to fear his fun meter was gonna get dragged down if we overload him with requests.  I'm just going to kick my feet up and let the spooky come to me.  Whatever y'all wanna watch y'all.  

Tbh I didn’t even think of that :p the reason you gave is why I tried to stress the “no commitment/guarantee” in my original post. It will be interesting if they chose one, but I won’t be disappointed if they don’t. Hopefully we can keep this light and “fun” :) 
    cdrive
    Oh, to be clear, these aren't requests...just wanted to offer up suggestions for ones that I love. 
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Same here.  :)
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    A movie I've been wanting to revisit for a while is the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I watched it like six years ago and my main takeaway was the low budget feel of the movie makes it feel way more real than a lot of movies. It's creepy AF
    ChinaskiKingKobra
  • This looks like a strong contender for inclusion: Netflix! Creepy religious cult! Dan Stevens! Hand-crank skull drill!

KingKobra
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    I know these aren't requests, but I urge this to be on everyone's list, The Devil's Candy.

Ethan Embry, best music ever, it's only an hour and twenty minutes. Otis from walking dead is in it too.

• I recently watched Ghost Stories and thought it was pretty good. I'm hoping they do one old school slasher horror movie like Nightmare on Elm Street or Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I have a fondness for those dumb movies because they were the ones that scared me. Well, that and Jaws. Jaws will always be scary. 
    The Devil's Candy is fantastic. Ethan Embry got into crazy shape. He is shredded. 
    MattyWeaves